Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 916615 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #12615 on: March 22, 2016, 07:41:18 am »

i'm not tharja

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
thincake

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: March 22, 2016, 07:44:38 am »

i'm not tharja
that's like me saying i'm not henry
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: March 22, 2016, 07:45:30 am »

no
you're henry
i'm shipper not yander

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Chryssa's EP Is The New Bitcoin
« Reply #12619 on: March 22, 2016, 07:45:30 am »

Hey Emp, what if you gave me a pool of actions to pull from for Chryssa? :P

Okay, time for the obligatory Perk fixing and chastising on blowing Perk slots on static bonuses.

• Never Give Up: Probably ought to be more powerful. Maybe with 50% HP rather than 20%, or having additional benefits. Because Mio's Perk, Try Not To Give Up brings her back at 50% HP, in Mankai Mode at the cost of a 2 turn stun after it ends. Still, the stun is probably more because it automatically activates Mankai Mode than the higher health percentage.
  • Aura Strength: Might have looked like a good pick at Level 1, but already hurtling towards obsoletion right now. It needs to scale with something. Perhaps Level, or RES (giving a bit of synergy with Energy Redirection), or Aura's RES bonus (seeing as it auto-levels and probably can't be removed).
  • My Soundtrack Is Intense: Well, something that basically gives a bonus so long as the GM isn't feeling lazy is odd to say the least, not that I have a problem with that of course; needs to scale with something though, perhaps Level.
  • Energy Redirection: Going to side with Elf on this, it seems quite iffy, seeing as its buildup is impaired by its own primary effect, and may eventually become obsolete due to its fixed cap, though that'd probably be far further in the future. Still, if it gets a scaling clause for its cap, it could still pay off very nicely seeing as it gives you a unique resource to spend.

Okay, so unlike for Alanis, I'll be grouping these into groups of related Actions and Perks. I didn't do that for Alanis because the only two groups would have been "Kinetic Shell", "Not Kinetic Shell", and "ItE x Alanis x Kinetic Shell OT3" :P

For reference, the higher the version number of a mechanical description, the weaker it is, but the more likely it is to be approved. So aim for the lowest one possible. Ones followed by letters indicate a "fork" wherein there are multiple possible ways of implementing it for that version, with different letters denoting different implementations. As with Alanis' stuff, I might add more stuff later if I get any more ideas.

Spoiler: Possible Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:20:34 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12620 on: March 22, 2016, 07:47:50 am »

no
you're henry
i'm shipper not yander
me on the other hand :3c
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: March 22, 2016, 07:48:55 am »

so go be yander mom to sb

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12622 on: March 22, 2016, 07:50:38 am »

best mom has arrived.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
thincake

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12624 on: March 22, 2016, 07:57:07 am »

dayum empiricist, that is quite the analysis

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: March 22, 2016, 08:03:00 am »

what do you call it when you have conflicting feelings towards ambitious perks and actions
you're empbivalent
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: March 22, 2016, 08:13:56 am »

The Recoil Effect build is vulnerable to damage-boosting or RES-lowering debuffs, as both those can make the Recoil Effects overpower Chryssa's RES so much that she's stuck between being locked down and actually having to cause significant self-harm to do more damage. Because I suspect that Stop Hitting Yourself's cooldown will be higher than that of the other two, meaning it can't cover them at all times, making it a "win more" ability than an inchpin, meaning if in such circumstances it can't be relied on for steady damage.

The Retaliate-Tank build is vulnerable to Pure and Indirect damage, as both will won't be able to power up Retaliate, and Mitigation will be locked down in either case as the total raw damage would be higher, making it a liability against Pure, and increase the chances of catching a nasty status effect from attacks that can inflict those, since it would raise the hits.

Mistakes Were Made with the "HP drops to 1, so long as you don't get knocked out" clause is even riskier and more rewarding than the v1.0; riskier because though it does prevent death from damage over time and whatnot, a counterattack or something that hits her after her attack but before she can be healed will knock her out immediately; more rewarding because Relentless will be guaranteed to be earning its keep, and something like a Red Tearstone Ring won't go amiss either. Blood Bath is obviously ineffective against enemies with Bleed resistance; abilities that kick in with each hit (such as a counter attack) would turn the volume of fire against her as well.

Unstated assumption is of-course infinite ammo. Otherwise Chaos Dust is too expensive to acquire. Though I'm pretty sure it's reasonable to expect the Multiverse to handle ammunition supply, I mean, it's not like anyone wants to go make a dedicated logistics character who sits at a desk all day crunching number and organizing supply lines :P Not to mention that Chryssa would be using it cautiously thanks to its internecine nature, I mean, what are the chances she'll just turn into Tony Montana or something and start snorting piles of Chaos Dust? :P

...And, Elf's about to start magically choking me with his tentacles through my laptop, isn't he? :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:19:02 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: March 22, 2016, 08:42:04 am »

I'm considering it. I'm seriously considering it.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12629 on: March 22, 2016, 08:48:54 am »

I'm just not going to question ammo so my phazon cannon keeps working.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1328