Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 922327 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #11475 on: March 12, 2016, 11:21:00 am »

It does not deal damage, just stuns and annoys. That said, the entire effect of it is intentional. It's meant to be a gamble taken when either the enemy outnumbers or outguns, or the party is kicked while they're down.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: March 12, 2016, 11:33:04 am »

It does not deal damage, just stuns and annoys. That said, the entire effect of it is intentional. It's meant to be a gamble taken when either the enemy outnumbers or outguns, or the party is kicked while they're down.

Still, unless you get the consent of the entire party whenever you use it, people are not going to be happy when it hits them. Even if we're outnumbered 2:1, it still has a good chance to stun 1 or 2 allies, possibly even 4. Then there's the stun, which lasts for 4 turns, which effectively could be a third or a half of an entire fight.
Yeah, it has its uses and it is a gamble, but your character would be hard pressed to not convince anyone he stunned not to beat the shit out of him post-fight.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: March 12, 2016, 11:41:58 am »

Did I mention it is single target? No, I probably didn't.
Yes, I am aware of the implications TCM, and actually I expect for that to be a result with this character. Fun times will ensue.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: March 12, 2016, 11:50:33 am »

You're acting like Ian won't immediately attack in the middle of a fight. And hey, maybe it'll stun all the enemies if he does that. :P

Speaking of, Ian's perks have been changed to be more in line with other perks. Only thing left about this update to state is my displeasure at the overly complicated change to crits.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: March 12, 2016, 11:52:25 am »

As long as you understand the implications, then it's fine. It's all up to Elf/San's willingness to let a character in who will inevitably screw over the party and some point and then is roasted both figuratively and literally. :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: March 12, 2016, 11:52:52 am »

I'm thinking that Anna's "Aura Channeling" perk is underpowered. It's just +4 damage.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: March 12, 2016, 11:53:18 am »

Eh, Bisnif wasn't that interesting, hence why I'm changing the negation-proof thing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: March 12, 2016, 11:54:45 am »

Hey, can I change Anna's "+4 with Hunter weapons" to "1.4x damage with Hunter weapons"?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: March 12, 2016, 11:58:46 am »

yes

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: March 12, 2016, 12:01:07 pm »

Alright.

Also, Sanure should change the link for Anna's character sheet since I put both it and Victoria's in reply #5 and that's the one I'm updating now.
Sigtext!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: March 12, 2016, 12:01:15 pm »

Elf, if you remove the negation-proofing, then it is essentially rendered useless upon entering ANY sort of fight where it might end up being halfway useful. It will be turned into a completely useless useful spell. If the warmup is not restrictive enough, nothing is.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: March 12, 2016, 12:03:56 pm »

It depends on if the enemy is weak to stuns. If you go on plots with tons of mooks, it's probably going to be useful for something.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: March 12, 2016, 12:06:45 pm »

Updated Aesford, just buffed up Interception and Deep Pass.

Do Summons typically also level up?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: March 12, 2016, 12:08:33 pm »

I will say this again. IT. IS. SINGLE. TARGET! It will be entirely useless against mook swarms, and is designed by it's very nature for making hard or lethally dangerous targets a bit easier to deal with, which tend to be boss/miniboss class anyway.
  This is worse than denying D&G their Demi on bosses, cause this one does not even do any damage and BUFFS the enemy if they survive long enough for it to wear out!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: March 12, 2016, 12:11:44 pm »

With the summon action, although looking at Lynch and some suggestions, I may need to look at summons.

I will say this again. IT. IS. SINGLE. TARGET! It will be entirely useless against mook swarms, and is designed by it's very nature for making hard or lethally dangerous targets a bit easier to deal with, which tend to be boss/miniboss class anyway.
  This is worse than denying D&G their Demi on bosses, cause this one does not even do any damage and BUFFS the enemy if they survive long enough for it to wear out!
I'll let San decide. If he wants it in, I'm okaying it.
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1328