Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Tower of God - OOC  (Read 5303 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Tower of God - OOC
« on: October 28, 2015, 03:07:49 pm »

IC is here

Whatever you desire...is in here.

Well, not yet, anyway. As I am still getting the rules out of the way, character creation can not really start yet.

If you do not know what tower of god is, let me put it up in a short way. It's the ultimate dungeon. Thousands and thousands of chosen ones, take and fail the tests of the tower in an attempt to climb it, and get their wish granted at the top. That's the gist of it, reading the whole thing and learning about the details is pretty much optional. Most things will be explained in the rules anyway.

As by the nature of the game, there will not simply be a bit of PvP, it will eventually become the focus of the game. PvP and teamwork, because nobody can climb the tower alone. As such, participants should be prepared to occasionaly lose a character, simply because he, or his team, lacked what it takes to climb the tower. But do not be worried, climbing a floor can easily take a dozen to a hundred years, there is plenty, plenty of time of roleplay, teambuilding, intrigue, and really, the fake sky at the ceiling of each floor is the limit. It's not rare, but actually the usualy way for things to proceed, people giving up on climbing the tower, getting caught in entirely different affairs. So if you are the kind of person who constantly comes up with new character ideas but never really focuses on them for too long, this may just be the game for you.

Also, as by nature of this game, this game will be inheritly unfair. Not everyone starts with the same skills, equipment or talent. The strong proceed, and the weak fall. Not only that, but the strong can fall for having someone weak on their team. Or simply out of bad luck. Or they may be the strongest regular on their current floor, and immediatly get themselves killed finding the regulars on the next floor are much stronger than he thought. Or an incredibly strong, but stupid warrior may find that the test is a math puzzle. Someone who can't do a math puzzle surely can't be chosen to climb the tower, right :P ?

This game is very open to player participation. At any time people may come up and request to administrate a test, or be the guardian of an entire floor, to run either a small test they thought might be fun, or run a plot spanning several floors. In fact I will without a doubt run out of tests eventually :P

As things are not set in stone yet, I am very willing top adjust rule-heavyiness to the preferance of the majority of players. First of all, if all sides agree, any situation may be handled freeform, or semi-free with GM guidance. Though ultimately I have a system planned that could ultimately be compared with a sort of card game. Everyone has a repertoir of various offensive and defensive and utility skills, which are limited by their stats and skills, but ultimately designed by yourself. You have a limited amount of points worth of skills you can spend each turn, so for example you could play a Level 3 attack, and a level 2 defence, and clash against someone who play a level 3 defence and a level 1 debuff and a level 1 attack. This system could use dice, or even be entirely diceless, if you guys so prefer. Or we could do something entirely else if you guys want something less complicated.

Since this is a PvP heavy game, rules are absolute unless all parties involved agree things may be disgregarded. People may get very upset if the character they really like because someone, for any reason, changed or ignored a rule. Exceptions can be made if a player has taken the role of a guardian of a floor, since it is ultimately the guardians who decide on the nature of their floor, all the way to the rules of physics. However, such changes must be announced beforehand.

expect this post to be edited a lot, as I add things I forgot for now.

Spoiler: Short lore summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Positions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats and Techniques (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:08:38 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of God - OOC
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 03:11:29 pm »

PTW and make a character when a sheet becomes available.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 03:11:33 pm »

PTW.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 03:13:22 pm »

Goddamn ninjas, stealing prime thread real estate. Like I'm doing right now.

EDIT: So uh... What is there to do/discuss exactly? An example from your planned rule system would be quite great.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:14:56 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 03:14:25 pm »

Also, quick question, how much should you know about Tower of God to play? I only just got to the tenth chapter.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 03:14:40 pm »

PTW and make a character when a sheet becomes available.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 03:15:21 pm »

a lot of stuff will be explained in the rules and on the first floor. As such, it is technicaly better if people haven't read things, so I can very shamelessly steal things
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 03:45:45 pm »

PTW and maybe make character sheet if I can be arsed
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 03:51:41 pm »

ptw
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 01:48:18 pm »

gonna write up the rules tomorrow, until then I'd like to know from you guys if you want dice to matter a lot or not.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 01:49:11 pm »

I don't know. I thought that we were going to do a card-based system instead so what difference would it make?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 01:51:40 pm »

an offensive card could give you either +3 damage or +3d6 damage. Also I think complete diceless could end up in stalemates, where some people might literaly not be able to wound eachother

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 01:52:57 pm »

Ah. I see now. Let's go with dice(ful) in that case, if you're worried about people being too tanky for their own good.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 10:10:12 am »

Rules have been updated. Not nearly done, but I need food. It should be enough to get you going on thinking about what your char concept is, and of course PM me regarding questions on perks etc you want. But for now, you only need to reveal the immediatly obvious things to the thread

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 12:12:19 pm »

more updates have been made. Note, I will review techniques when posted, and adjust their effect to their rank accordingly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7