Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Tower of God - OOC  (Read 5292 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of God - OOC
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2015, 03:20:18 pm »

PLACEHOLDER POST WHILE I "WORK" ON SHEET

although seriously I'm actually doing it this time
thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2015, 03:24:13 pm »

yay. With Sanure also pretty much done, all that is missing now is Usec, for 8 people. Which would be really great, because 7 people is impossible to form proper teams with.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2015, 05:19:09 pm »

Bits in squared brackets are concerns for the GM.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please feedback.
thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2015, 12:31:11 am »

looks fine so far, though you can have way more techniques than that. Of course you can keep spots open for later use, but a bit more is recommended
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2015, 01:56:27 am »

I did wonder about that.
Can you just give me an in-context rundown, if you don't mind doing some of my maths? I can't understand the bit on technique limits, dumb as that may sound.
thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2015, 11:20:12 am »

example: currently you have 3 defence.

This means you can have, in total, 9 ranks worth of techniques spread across your defensive moves. For example, three rank 3 moves. Or a rank 3 move, and three rank 2 moves.

note that the individual rank of a technique can not be higher than the stat you use for it - so you can currently not have rank 4 defensive moves.

Once you have a position however, you can have higher rank moves that fit that position.

right now, you have, for example, 2 rank 2 techniques for shinsoo defence. Since your shinsoo defence is 3, you can however have 9 ranks worth of techniques. So you are 5 ranks short.

if you choose to leave those five ranks empty, you can fill them later, using exp. The only advantage you draw from that is that you do not have to spend exp to increase your stats, which would subsequently increase your repertoir. Those right now who have 9 of 9 points spent can not learn any new techniques, unless they spend 2 exp to upgrade their repertoir size of a certain stat, or outright increase that stat. It's a bit of a tactical decision. Leaving spots open now means you are quicker on learning new ones.
Minor spoiler: in-game events and in-game character progression may lead to learning about rarer, special techniques that may or may not be better than what you can learn right at char creation. Also, you might simply want to learn techniques that provide a way of dealing with a rival.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2015, 11:24:15 am »

So rank count is separate for each stat?
thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2015, 11:26:57 am »

yes. It's only natural that someone who is great at defending himself would know several ways to do so.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2015, 02:07:19 pm »

Right.
I'll revise sheet in a couple hours.

also we must start nao no delay jeez akroma you're so slow stop being lazy wow
thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2015, 02:11:34 pm »

game starts tomorrow when I return from work, even if its just 7 players. For the record, that is in 19 hours. get on with it Usec

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2015, 02:13:15 pm »

usec is late by

a usec
thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2015, 09:53:46 am »

sorry did I say today? I meant saturday. Totaly saturday

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2015, 09:57:06 am »

Well, time to slack off even more. :U Sorry for taking so long to make a sheet. I've been busy and distracted by other stuff recently. As well as being a total shithead. This isn't the only thing I've been putting off, trust me.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2015, 10:19:45 am »

sorry did I say today? I meant saturday. Totaly saturday
WOW UR SUCH A HIPPOCRIT
I never get late, Akroma
you shuldnt use forrims if u carnt keep up

now I've finished decreasing this thread's average IQ, I'm actually suddenly really excited for this game :3

thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2015, 10:21:35 am »

I am start it sooner if Usecs charsheet comes in
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7