Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

See Episode 11, Which contract should we take?

Contract 1, FedCom Extraction Raid
- 4 (100%)
Contract 2, Outworlds Alliance Recon Raid
- 0 (0%)
Contract 3, FedCom Recon Raid #1
- 0 (0%)
Contract 4, FedCom Recon Raid #2
- 0 (0%)
None of the above - wait a month and try again (please post to specify acceptable contract criteria)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)  (Read 73962 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)
« Reply #330 on: December 07, 2015, 08:43:43 am »

After looking through the options. Can GMs force babies? :P

I know the time frame for this campaign is gonna be too small :P but would be neat if later on we could just have rolls for babies :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 07, 2015, 09:04:46 am »

Just a couple of issues with your designs Neonivek. The other gyro types aren't available until 3067 so you're stuck with the regular gyros for now.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2015, 09:07:52 am »

Just a couple of issues with your designs Neonivek. The other gyro types aren't available until 3067 so you're stuck with the regular gyros for now.

O_O

I guess... the mech builder didn't know... >_<

Feel my pain as I try helplessly to get my ONE good design to work without the Gyro.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 07, 2015, 09:11:04 am »

After looking through the options. Can GMs force babies? :P

I know the time frame for this campaign is gonna be too small :P but would be neat if later on we could just have rolls for babies :P

I don't think so. In my game I started with 6 married couples as the Mechwarriors, and have since married basically all of them, exept women over 40. Even them if I have old guys to marry them to. You want into my company? Well, marry in, or maybe tell your fiancee that we have job offerings.

Not that many children in almost 10 years in the campaign. :(
BUT! I could put a 3year old into a Mech, not sure yet if I can assign her to a lance.

I can't assign her a spouse, and I am thankful for that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2015, 09:14:47 am »

FIXED!!!

SpidersKiss-2e

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:17:34 am by Neonivek »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2015, 09:28:58 am »

Clan armor?
But standard armor is the same everywhere, right?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2015, 09:30:13 am »

Clan armor?
But standard armor is the same everywhere, right?

I didn't get to chose... >_<

I swear if a glitch happened and I have to remake this thing again! I am... well... I'll be mildly ticked but I'll have to make 2f

SpidersKiss-MASTER

It actually is just a Medium Laser mech... Goodness it is like I am allergic to range
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:43:37 am by Neonivek »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2015, 09:49:20 am »

Standard armour is standard armour, regardless of whether the design is IS or clan as it is basically the same thing.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 07, 2015, 10:17:25 am »

Apperantly my MASTER bot is good for Konrad...

So I build Konrad his own personal bot :P

UltimateKonrad-1a

RedKing do you like? It basically takes advantage of Konrad's abilities to the max.

Ok two variants coming

UltimateKonrad-2a
-Remove AMS and one Medium laser for 5 Jumpjet capability.

UltimateKonrad-2b
-Adjustments to allow AMS and 3 Jumpjet capability.

Man Kevin sure works had making all these alternate versions of mechs :P

UltimateKonrad-Budget1a
-Note: The Budget Series is my attempt to make the Ultimate Konrad on a budget... and it is a success... more then half the cost.

UltimateKonrad-Budget1b

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:53:37 am by Neonivek »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 07, 2015, 12:10:30 pm »

After a rout you don't have to wait out the contract. You can declare it a victory and get paid the outstanding money.
Unless it's a garrison contract, then it's just a break for a couple months.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 07, 2015, 12:14:37 pm »

After a rout you don't have to wait out the contract. You can declare it a victory and get paid the outstanding money.
Unless it's a garrison contract, then it's just a break for a couple months.

A rout can actually turn back into an active campaign if enough enemy morale boosting events occur.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 07, 2015, 12:26:45 pm »

Yes, but only on contracts where you have to deploy defending lances, iirc. Fighting/Scouting is an early victory. On garrison it should reset to normal after a month or two without regular battles.

Something else: where do I get the 2.31 rules? I only have the 2.30 and here I don't have permission to download it, even though I registered.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 07, 2015, 12:34:36 pm »

Ok made my spiderbot... on a strict budget.

SpidersKiss-Budget1a

There FINALLY!!! that should be enough...

I feel so guilty having sent like 10 pms to Hanzo today... >_<
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:38:59 pm by Neonivek »

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #343 on: December 07, 2015, 01:07:28 pm »

Sure, though it will be a while until I get enough soldiers in the weekly personnel rolls to create an infantry unit, and you're likely to die quickly as the AI tends to focus on infantry to the exclusion of more dangerous prey.
Oh that's fine im sure they cant kill all of them. So is inf units tracked by simply having soldiers count as hp ala command and conquer tib wars or is every soldiers individual wounds tracked? if so and there's 28 of them it would take a while for casualties to mount up.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/1147/foot-platoon-rifle

Id also like them to have something like this.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus_Heavy_Rifle

also ive read the whole topic now thoroughly enjoying it you have a very entertaining writing style and the snippets by other people have been great too.

Soldiers always come with a complete platoon of 28 men.
You can click in the "unit" tab to see what kind of unit it is. Same like mechwarriors who bring their own machine.

Infantry are... kind of extra killable

But sure... it does mean we will either need vehicles or to make these guys mechanized.

---

Whelp tried as hard as I could, but I can't get this program to work if my life depended on it.

Well yeah they are footsoliders they're goign to die easily but there are 28 of them and they can put out a lot of fire. And no id rather have them as pure footsloggers hiding in the trees.

Actually, Infantry are the most common recruitable personnel.  You'll likely draw one in the next month or so.  They always come by the Platoon.

Also, while they tend to get targeted a lot by the AI, their numbers and slow speed tends to keep them alive.  The AI would generally have to go by all your mechs to get to the infantry.

On a per-month basis, they're very expensive (you have to pay all 20-28 of them) for their limited combat value.  Assuming Proudnerd doesn't mind, I find they are more useful for Support Operations.  Scout/Patrol gives a 1 in 6 chance of being able to declare a battle a Victory without fighting, which keeps our fighting machines in premium condition longer.

If anybody knows how to set infantry up for Sabotage/Loot/Extract, specifically how to roll the bonus roll in-game rather than going completely manually, I'd love to hear it, and would probably recommend that instead.  1 in 6 bonus roll but 1 in 6 Platoon wipe.

Unless somebody else wants the life of a ground pounder, we can just let Proudnerd act as our designated Infantry Leader.  If/When his character hits the ground for The Last Time, we can just say one of his relatives was recruited to lead the next batch of infantry.

The 3040 version of the LAW would most likely be the Man-Portable SRM 2.  Considering how common infantry really are, I'd be ok with just purchasing a Motorized or Jump SRM Infantry Platoon and bypassing the personnel market entirely.  Foot infantry are borderline useless without a supporting vehicle.

The best way to use infantry is to attach them to a unit that is near the max weight but that won't go over with their addition.  I generally treat the weight scales very seriously, and try to avoid even going up to a Medium lance as much as possible.  Assault mechs are for...well assaults, not regular patrols.

Im surprised they are easily killed and poor in combat actually. since there's 28 of them and all their damage rolls are calculated by man I assume that's 28 attacks. If most of those hit its going to cause pain isn't it?

If they're not economically feasible that's fine though. and no i would rather have them take part in combat not just behind the scenes.

And lol yes if i die that sounds like a good idea. Hopefully ill have plenty of bodies to asorbe lasers for me.

I think it's a bit out of A and a bit out of B. Infantry definitely have their purpose fluff-wise, but in a game about giant robots pounding on each other, they don't make the best battlefield presence.

Yeah that's why i thought it might be interesting and different.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:10:47 pm by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 07, 2015, 01:09:35 pm »

Actually, a entire platoon can be wiped out pretty easily if they are unfortunate enough to come across a mech wielding machine guns or flamers.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40