Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

See Episode 11, Which contract should we take?

Contract 1, FedCom Extraction Raid
- 4 (100%)
Contract 2, Outworlds Alliance Recon Raid
- 0 (0%)
Contract 3, FedCom Recon Raid #1
- 0 (0%)
Contract 4, FedCom Recon Raid #2
- 0 (0%)
None of the above - wait a month and try again (please post to specify acceptable contract criteria)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40

Author Topic: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)  (Read 73868 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)
« Reply #480 on: December 21, 2015, 01:48:07 pm »

I'm getting the image of a mech on skates with a hockey-stick shaped club, piloted by an angry and drunken Canadian. >_>

We have one point in Negotiation, but the only thing I seem to reroll is the command rights, and they always end up worse.

Huh, I feel the need to experiment and stick high levels of negotiation on administrators of each type and see if you need a certain type of administrator to reroll salvage for example.
Yes you do!
Logistics = Salvage
Command = Command
Transportation = Transport

It's all intuitive except Logistics = Salvage.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 21, 2015, 02:05:38 pm »

Well, our veteran logistics person with 33 xp is going to learn the fine arts of negotiating.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #482 on: December 21, 2015, 02:43:39 pm »

Well, given that you just said that, I'm fairly sure they're going to get terrible rerolls!

THANKS OBAMA

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 21, 2015, 08:47:02 pm »

Well, given that you just said that, I'm fairly sure they're going to get terrible rerolls!

THANKS OBAMA

Uhhh correction the current president is Space Obama.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 22, 2015, 02:11:02 am »

Given Earth is run by ComStar...

THANKS PRIMUS OBAMA

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 22, 2015, 02:35:40 am »

I'm getting the image of a mech on skates with a hockey-stick shaped club, piloted by an angry and drunken Canadian. >_>

We have one point in Negotiation, but the only thing I seem to reroll is the command rights, and they always end up worse.

Huh, I feel the need to experiment and stick high levels of negotiation on administrators of each type and see if you need a certain type of administrator to reroll salvage for example.
Yes you do!
Logistics = Salvage
Command = Command

Hm... I've been playing with it, and Logistics seems to cover Support and Battle Loss Compensation. None of my rerolls is changing the Salvage value, and looking at the rules for 2.31, this is as it should be, none of the admin skills affect that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 22, 2015, 05:28:12 pm »

Yes you do!
Logistics = Salvage
Command = Command

Hm... I've been playing with it, and Logistics seems to cover Support and Battle Loss Compensation. None of my rerolls is changing the Salvage value, and looking at the rules for 2.31, this is as it should be, none of the admin skills affect that.

Well...that sucks.  I've never understood what "Support" meant.  I've never seen artillery or battle armor in any of my battles, and isn't that what support gives?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 23, 2015, 01:24:03 am »

I thought "Support" covered overhead and maybe parts/ammo acquisition?

Konrad doesn't care what the next contract is. "Give target, will shoot it. Not caring what flag is on target or what color C-bills come in." (In universe, each House actually has their own currency with somewhat different exchange rates, but everyone uses the Comstar-issued C-bills as the universal standard.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 23, 2015, 02:28:09 am »

Sidestory 1 – The Duel Reprised

Avalon City, New Avalon
February 5, 3041

“You know, you got really lucky in that duel.” Jack said as the MechWarriors relaxed after a training session in the lounge of their quarters.

“Well… yes. It’s not every day you two-shot something like a BattleMaster.” Han replied soberly

Jack smirked. “I’d like to see how you do against a real pilot. How about we redo that duel, and I’ll play the Major.”

Han laughed and nodded agreement. “Are you going to take a couple shots before you get into the simulator? Just so that you can simulate the Major’s level of skill.”

The group had a good laugh at that and made their way to the floor with the simulators, Martin punching in the settings and configuring the battleground while Han and Jack settled into their respective pods. The others gathered around a large screen that fuzzed with static and then displayed an overhead view of the area and the two mechs standing ready. The colors were muted to indicate the dark conditions.

The computer considered the mechs and the pilot’s rankings and spat out a rating putting Jack solidly ahead of Han.

There were disappointed groans from those who bet on the Captain, but then the monitor flickered and the scenario restarted.

“What the hell?” Martin muttered as designs flickered by until two new mechs appeared on the screen.

“Hah, looks like the Cap wants some of his own back.” Alexander says, noting the brawler of a mech Han had chosen.

The simulator shut down, and the pods opened to release their sweating occupants. Jack and Han met with a firm handshake, while those who had bet successfully collected their winnings from the losers.

“Good fights. You cleaned my clock with that Hunchback.” Jack said ruefully.

“About as badly as you took me apart with the BattleMaster. I’m going to keep that trick with the machine guns in mind.” Han replied with a grin.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 23, 2015, 10:05:42 am »

I like how the two battles balanced each other out, but...

I would never get within three spaces of a Hunchback.  It would have been much smarter to plink away with the large laser.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 23, 2015, 10:25:02 am »

Yeah, I was letting the AI play you, and sometimes its tactical choices are a bit off. That said, I'm happy to start firing at medium range as well, and the map is small enough that it's not possible to stay at long range forever. My first hit with the AC/20 was at 4 spaces.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 23, 2015, 10:57:17 am »

I checked the mechs that are above 100-tons and I will say: I don't like them.

The point of 100 tonners is that they barely function, 100-tons is the top a mech can get to without becoming useless.

Not only are 130 ton mechs unaffected, they are better then normal mechs. They don't feel like mechs barely squeezed into super high tonnages.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 23, 2015, 01:12:37 pm »

wat

Anything above 100 tons is non-canon anyways (as is anything below 20 that isn't a ProtoMech -- and I'm on the fence about them and everything else from 3060 onwards).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 23, 2015, 01:42:00 pm »

wat

Anything above 100 tons is non-canon anyways (as is anything below 20 that isn't a ProtoMech -- and I'm on the fence about them and everything else from 3060 onwards).

I honestly don't mind the IDEA of higher then 100-tonners existing.

But they should respect the canon in that 100 is essentially pushing it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 23, 2015, 03:36:13 pm »

wat

I honestly don't mind the IDEA of higher then 100-tonners existing.

But they should respect the canon in that 100 is essentially pushing it.

Most of the above 100 tonners aren't like normal mechs anyways.  Do any of them have two legs?
Plus, they're all experimental anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40