Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: That Halloween [4/~6]  (Read 1540 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
That Halloween [4/~6]
« on: October 27, 2015, 11:28:59 pm »

(This will probably be a short game, but let's see what we can do.)

Four nights before Halloween, the autumn air strangely warm and still. Things are quiet. Suddenly, a mysterious light flashes through the sky. It goes unnoticed by most, or at least unremarked upon. But a handful of youths throughout the town, trying on their costumes a bit early, suddenly find themselves a lot more like their guises...

Who are you, and who or what were you dressed as a moment ago? These questions race through your mind as you try to take a mental account of yourself. Perhaps this is a nightmare. Or perhaps a dream come true, a chance to do things you couldn't before?

Whatever happens next, Halloween this year promises to be very interesting...

(First come, first serve. Don't do a sheet, just introduce yourself IC style.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:37:39 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: That Halloween [0/~6]
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 12:19:59 am »

Vi blinks. That can't be right. She peers closer into the mirror. Eyes are definitely not the blue they were. An almost golden yellow now. That is strange. Her ear twitches. Reacting to the confusio- Wait. Ears don't twitch. She reaches to where her ears normally are. Buried by the mass of orangish brown hair. .. Ears are not there. The right ear twitches in confusion. Vi blinks again. Where are the ears? The tip of a tail twitches. Slight panic. Something is definitely.. When did I get a tail? Vi looks behind herself. The tail twitches again. Concern and mild panic. Right ear to the side. Considerable confusion. Right eyebrow raised. This makes no sense. Lips parted. The word "What" uttered. Fangs revealed.

((Costume: One Tailed Kitsune.))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:02:42 am by Kevak »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:29:52 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 05:21:08 am »

(And remember, GM reserves the right to adjust character power levels.)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 05:45:19 am »

((Writing up a post now...))

Sarah had walked calmly to the mirror when she felt a poking sensation on her lower lip. She thought it was probably a piece of candy stuck in her teeth or something. God, was she thirsty. She opened up her mouth. No candy, or anything else that looked like it would cause that feeling. So thirsty. She closed it, and the sensation started again. Opening her mouth, she saw the fake fangs were a bit lower than they should have been. Seriously, she needed a drink. She moved to readjust them... and cut her finger on the sharp ends.

Except... it didn't bleed. It should have been bleeding. Thirsty. Thirsty. The fangs shouldn't have been sharp enough to cut. Sarah tried to take them out. It hurt. She was so thirsty. She brought her finger to her mouth and started sucking on the bit of blood that was visible under the surface. It took the edge off her thirst.

She looked in the mirror again, and noticed that her eyes were red. She had put in contact lenses earlier. She tried to remove them, and ended up poking her own eye.

"W-What is this?"

((Costume: Vampire.))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:59:52 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 08:34:07 am »

Tail and horns, check. Stereotypical trident, check. Dad's old historical reenactment clothes, check. Max knew his demon costume was kind of lame, considering he was fourteen and could probably do much better. At least it wasn't crimson... But sometimes the more childish options got more candy. Especially from old people. Heh, old people were so cheesy.
Reaching to adjust his horns, Max falters. "Huh? It's stuck..?"
No way, that couldn't be it. The glue had dried hours ago... Wait, where was the headband? He couldn't feel it any more.
And he couldn't feel his tail, either... except, well, he could. It swished impatiently.
Looking in the mirror, Max felt a little different. Looked a little different. His brown eyes were now onyx, almost indistinguishable from his pupils, and they matched his horns... Which had migrated forward, almost beyond his hairline. His features had sharpened slightly, as if he had aged several years in the span of seconds. Opening his mouth to check his teeth for anything, Max found his tongue had sharpened as well, becoming pointed like a snake's. And his clothes, once dirty and slightly rumpled, looked extremely new were the same dark color as his now permanent extremities.
".....Holy shit." Thank god his parents weren't Christian.
Black lives matter.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 10:46:44 am »

Dustan was almost done putting his costume together and on his body, a very poor imitation of a knight with plate armor made from plastic, complete with foam sword and plastic shield. as he went to go look at himself in the mirror, he could swear the armor got heavier on him, and would marvel in the mirror as it looked so real. taking a swing with his sword, he would hack into the wall and in horror, realize it had turned into a Real Shortsword of otherworldly make, the designs and shape rather alien to most of his knowledge of history. Dropping the blade franticly, he would start trying to remove the armor only to find that it had moulded to fit him, and unfortunately came with no way of taking it off aside from the helmet, which would be attached to the chestpiece by a leather strap from a unknown beast. his eyes, originally brown, would be a bright green and his vistage much thinner and angular, with pointed ears..

How is this even possible?!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:49:59 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 12:52:57 pm »

Frank disintegrates, because he was going to go as old age.

Wasn't there a Fairly Oddparents episode with basically the same premise as this game (granted, this game happened a few days before Halloween, not on it, but still)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 03:37:14 pm »

(I dunno, but I'm pretty sure it's some kind of trope and there's lots of episodes of things with that premise.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: That Halloween [4/~6]
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 04:15:17 pm »

PTW - might make a character
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 07:40:29 am »

;-;
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 07:54:39 am »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 07:57:38 am »

((Crying face. ;-;
Also, uh, turn? ;-;))
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 08:23:57 am »

Edward felt... different. He was thin, be he wasn't extremely so, contrary to now, where he felt almost skeletal. The robes he put on for Halloween were black, but they weren't that black, as if someone cut a hole in space the shape of a cloak and filled it with tar. His fake scythe had a handle of plastic, not dead wood- wait a minute. His hands clutching the aforementioned scythe... well, they were now literally skeletal. Edward touched his face. His bony hands somehow felt the shape of a skull. A real one.

In shock, he dropped his suddenly sinister looking scythe to the ground. It cuts through the wooden-paneled floor almost with ease. Frightened, Edward covers himself up even more in his dim cloak. Unbeknownst to him, He subconsciously feels soft.. reverberating.. pulses. They sound nice. They sound alive. Edward feels he could touch one and draw it out.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 08:47:55 am »

After some time, you realize that now you can do some things you couldn't before. An opportunity. Perhaps to rise higher than before. Or perhaps your new face comes with dark drives upon your psyche. Or perhaps, simply, with new abilities you give into temptations of mischief that were already there. How do you test yourself?
Pages: [1] 2