Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Most obscure legendary?  (Read 7736 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most obscure legendary?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 05:08:00 pm »

I had a legenday engraver without knowing about it.
At some point i was trying to get though the pause spam that occurs when kobolds invade. Apparently, i missed that one of those pauses was about a farmer gettting fey and that another was about her claiming a craftsdwarf workshop. Later when i was expanding my industrial area below the artifial lake i somehow missed the start of construction and completion of her chert amulet in yet another dose of cancelation messages.

About 1 and a half year later i was overseeing the farms and i noticed a flashing white/grey dwarf constantly running arround. Curious what one of my masons/engravers was doing here, i took a closer look and i was pretty suprised to see that she had only farming duties and that she was holding Mirrorbodices the Bold Chant. So i looked in my gamelog and discovered what happened.

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »

Recordkeeping is like legendary soldier boot camp.  Nothing turns a peasant legendary faster.
You might say the pen makes dwarves mightier with the sword.
"Let them eat XXtroutXX!" -Troas

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 01:02:00 am »

Just found out; fireballs do indeed increase throwing skill.  Marksdwarves?  Screw'em.  I'm going to have an ambush hallway with wrestlers behind the arrow slits.

"I heard somebody say Burn, Baby, Burn..."

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 03:44:00 am »

I'm currently working on getting a Legendary Brewer, have him set up with his own Still.  

I also got a Legendary Gem Cutter, made a Moss Agate Puzzle Box.

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 02:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by glau:
<STRONG>What about social skills?
Ever got any legendary liar?</STRONG>

He was alive, he was electric
Became a legend as the years went by
He was a liar but I accept it I mean he was a legend in my own mind

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »

Is it currently possible to get Legendary Strand Extractor? The only way I can think of one might do so is to get one dwarf to extract all the Adamantine at one site, then abandon, start another fortress, and somehow have that dwarf arrive as part of a migrant group and repeat. Because there isn't enough in one mountain tile.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 11:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>Is it currently possible to get Legendary Strand Extractor? The only way I can think of one might do so is to get one dwarf to extract all the Adamantine at one site, then abandon, start another fortress, and somehow have that dwarf arrive as part of a migrant group and repeat. Because there isn't enough in one mountain tile.</STRONG>

I'm damn well trying though in my main fortress. He's competent now, and I've only mined out about two levels of adamantine, which was only like, 40 units of the stuff. I've got plenty more before the HIDDEN FUN STUFF begins.

Hamenopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 08:20:00 pm »

oddest -mood- legendary was cheesemaker for me.
oddest grind legendary was a miller
tho I had a phail'd mood dwarf hit legendary swimmer trying to drown himself. Then we died of thirst.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>Is it currently possible to get Legendary Strand Extractor? The only way I can think of one might do so is to get one dwarf to extract all the Adamantine at one site, then abandon, start another fortress, and somehow have that dwarf arrive as part of a migrant group and repeat. Because there isn't enough in one mountain tile.</STRONG>

There maybe something with the [LEADER_TYPE] to create a civilization with a Legendary Strand Extraction Overlord.
Check out my books at O and H Books

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 08:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>I think the real feat is to get a Legendary Thrower in fortress mode. They only throw things in tantrums...</STRONG>

Would probably die of old age before you got it though, honestly.

Most obscure legendary i ever got was a legendary mechanic which i know is not that farfetched, but i never get the really cool "macabre" moods, i always wished i would, but im a perfectionist and strive to keep my dwarves ecstatic. I just remember seeing him take over the mechanics shop and thinking 'wow, i already know how retarded this artifact is gonna be'.

Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 08:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hamenopi:
<STRONG>...trying to drown himself. Then we died of thirst.</STRONG>

...wait, what?

find that I identify forum goers more by their signatures than anything else.
That being said, I should probably think of something witty to put here.

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 09:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Just found out; fireballs do indeed increase throwing skill.  Marksdwarves?  Screw'em.  I'm going to have an ambush hallway with wrestlers behind the arrow slits.

"I heard somebody say Burn, Baby, Burn..."</STRONG>

http://chasnote.com/2008/01/13/ad-networks-should-be-ashamed-of-this-one/

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 02:18:00 am »

I too had a legendary gem cutter once.  The fortress is long gone, but it was from a fey mood.  I don't remember quite what he made.  He immediately became invaluable, as I set him to cutting the glass made by 10+ glass furnaces and a swarm of glass haulers.  He became the center of the economy of that particular fort, and through his cutting, I got 5 legendary glass makers.  When he would stop cutting, raw glass would pile up until they no longer fit in the (small) stockpiles.  This was enough to keep him busy for 1 day, and then we all returned to make more glass...

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 11:57:00 am »

RISE MY MINIONS, RISE!!!

Experience the power of, (Duhn duhn duhn) THREAD NECROMANCY!

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »

Legendary liar is easy.  In my fort, nearly every dwarf is legendary in the usual series of social skills: I have an idling problem.  I will have even peasants and children that are legendary in all said social skills.  They blink like other legendaries, but are still peasants.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5