Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to extract specific Workshops into Vanilla?  (Read 697 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Is there a way to extract specific Workshops into Vanilla?
« on: October 26, 2015, 05:28:34 pm »

I have been experimenting with using some of the base mods found in MW in a Vanilla game (Fortress Defense, Succubus, etc.).  RAW files I can understand easily enough, but DFHack stuff still eludes me, and don't know if any of the Shops I want use scripts and such.  Any info is appreciated :)  The Workshops I would like to get in my Vanilla game are;

3 Craftsdwarves- Stone, Gem, Bone
Furniture
Brick Oven

Oh, and if anyone knows of a way to get the new metals (Mithril, Wolfram, Cobaltite, etc.) and have them usable at a normal Forge, that would be lovely.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to extract specific Workshops into Vanilla?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 03:39:37 am »

If you want to play succubi in vanilla, there is a vanilla version of this mod. It contains the gem and bone workshop already.

You can use other stuff with a lot of copypasta. First open entity_good_dwarf.txt in masterwork, and paste all the PERMITED_BUILDING and PERMITED_REACTION tags into entity_default of vanilla.

Then look for the buildings you want to add (file search in windows explorer helps with that), then copy the building_*.txt files into vanilla.

Then search for the building's raw name (ie BONECARVER) and copy all the reaction_*.txt files into vanilla.

You'll have plenty of errors into errorlog.txt but that'll work. Make sure you do not have duplicate entry warnings in it, if you do, search for the offending tag and remove one of the entries before trying again.

For the metals, if it's an ore you must copy and inorganic, if it's an alloy you must copy a reaction. But honestly if you go this far, why not simply disable options from the launcher until it look like vanilla?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to extract specific Workshops into Vanilla?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:02:30 am »

Much obliged mate.  I did see the Vanilla Succubus files.  Due to the sheer amount of stuff, I'm installing that last to make sure it doesn't overwrite weapons & critters I am adding.  As to why not disable from the launcher; partially practice, and partially b/c the MW endgame Forges are pretty wonky right now, so I'd just as soon add to Vanilla rather than take away from MW.