Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [SG] Kill the Puppets  (Read 2603 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
[SG] Kill the Puppets
« on: October 25, 2015, 10:02:32 pm »

Cestoda ekefalos, brainworms. A strange name for a strange creature. Only a select few outside of the world government have even heard of them.

Brainworms are a very atypical kind of flatworm. Rather than living in the digestive tract like many other species, these worms dwell inside the brain stem until they mature, devouring the brain, spinal cord, and eventually the entire nervous system. This doesn't kill the host - quite the opposite. A mature worm is exceptionally intelligent, and rather than merely replicating the functions of the brain and nerves, the parasite and host are able to perform at a much higher level, mentally and physically.

We don't know much else about them, such as where they came from, or how they reproduce, but research is still in its early stages and we will no doubt discover more as time goes by.
We refer to those infected with cestoda ekefalos as puppets. It is your job, as part of this top-secret branch of the SAS, to kill them.

Also, who are you?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Kill the Puppets
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 10:06:15 pm »

I am a large coil of rope that has due to mysterious circumstances ended up on the SAS squad responsible for brainworms.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:14:54 pm »

Pvt  Scarlet, Or technically Clone 0036, Red Batch 1.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 12:54:54 am »

Pvt. Scarlet, Or technically Clone 0036, Red Batch 1.

If we're part of the SAS, would we really have that rank? Still in favor of being a clone though. If it's a world government, maybe they have a standardized kind of soldier for ease of maintenance.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 01:02:56 am »

Alice Keyes - Former detective

Was recruited after taking down a ring of puppets while investigating my brother's strange behavior.  He is currently in the earliest stages of infection and in a SAS research facility undergoing experimental medical treatments to stem the growth of the parasite.

Nunzillor

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 01:06:06 am »

Was recruited after taking down a ring of puppets while investigating my brother's strange behavior.  He is currently in the earliest stages of infection and in a SAS research facility undergoing experimental medical treatments to stem the growth of the parasite.
+=1, if permitted.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 01:33:49 am »

Pvt. Scarlet, Or technically Clone 0036, Red Batch 1.

If we're part of the SAS, would we really have that rank? Still in favor of being a clone though. If it's a world government, maybe they have a standardized kind of soldier for ease of maintenance.
Yes every one takes a Reduction in rank when they join the SAS.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 08:05:51 am »

I am a large coil of rope that has due to mysterious circumstances ended up on the SAS squad responsible for brainworms.
+1

We're perfect for the job because we can't get infected! We even look enough like a mind worm to impersonate one!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 09:33:44 am »

+1

We're perfect for the job because we can't get infected! We even look enough like a mind worm to impersonate one!

I really don't understand how they got roped into this.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 11:38:43 pm »

+1

We are obviously a ropebot, a robot in the shape of a length of rope.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 12:15:46 am »

+=1, if permitted.

+1

Part of me is vaguely disappointed this isn't about murdering more traditional puppets. Oh well, whatever.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 12:16:53 am »

+=1, if permitted.
+1
+1
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 05:48:43 pm »

+1

I'll play like that's the case if I'm allowed to. I mean, ropebot seems like it would be hard to notice, or beat, I mean, have you tried shooting at a rope slithering towards you? In the darkness?

Those brainworms won't understand how they were given just enough rope to hang themselves.

Edit: This is a suggestion game, isn't it? These things aren't really appropriate for a suggestion game at all, are they?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:52:43 pm by jaked122 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 06:00:46 pm »

We are D-004328, and are working for the SCP foundation, and are to detain the brain worms because the SAS can't know what the worms are...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:02:36 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 06:16:59 pm »

+1

I'll play like that's the case if I'm allowed to. I mean, ropebot seems like it would be hard to notice, or beat, I mean, have you tried shooting at a rope slithering towards you? In the darkness?

Those brainworms won't understand how they were given just enough rope to hang themselves.

Edit: This is a suggestion game, isn't it? These things aren't really appropriate for a suggestion game at all, are they?

+1 for... reasons
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: [1] 2