Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 94

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), IC Thread!  (Read 66093 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), IC Thread!
« Reply #360 on: December 26, 2015, 09:25:03 pm »

"We will go east. Kozanthikonians are foreigners, and I'm not sure if my family alone can wage a civil war. Hopefully Tablan's legions can. Everyone who can handle an animal, take one of the stable animals." Odysios shrugged.

"You heard the 'boss', people." He then looked at the Prince. "But I expect to be paid, say, double. That's three hundred coins. For me and each of my buds."

"How can you think only of money? This is the Emperor of Arvadia you have to protect!"

"Enough. Don't worry, sir Odysios. You will be paid well."

"Nah, just Odysios will do. Titles are for nobles, and I ain't one." Titon nodded, and then he looked to the east.

I have to go as far as Pahravanit border to rally armies under my banner... So be it. Lafach will regret the moment he dared to rebel against me!

~Loading cutscene, please wait and don't post~
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 26, 2015, 10:40:14 pm »

~~Cutscene: Emperor's New Dilemma~~

Meanwhile, in Castle Vaden, the seat of Arvadian royalty...

Trio of young men in courier's blue shirts stepped into the ornate throne room of Arvadian Emperors and knelt in front of a man in exquisite fiery red robe, with the Imperial Belt glittering with gemstones and platinum upon his vast waist. The one in the middle looked up, onto Emperor Lafach's face.

"Emperor! Prince Asmal have escaped the Glade! Captain Noah believes he might've went northwards, toward either Dorians or Scordati, or the lands of his uncle, Lord Sair. 17th Wyvern Wing went after him." The messenger to his right looked up and spoke next.

"Emperor! Prince Titon have escaped the Glade as well. The situation is unclear, but it seems that he stopped by village of Argan. Captain Trakia engaged him, but, she lost... she managed to escape and return to the castle in shame. Captain Dobrva took her into custody." The third and last of the messengers looked upon the glorious visage of the new Emperor.

"Emperor! I bring newest list of casualties! Seventeen castle guards total have been killed in the initial chaos. 22nd and 19th Wyvern Wings have been decimated. The Glade Men suffered more than twenty casualties in the fight with Prince Asmal. Captain Iawan and Lieutenants Dumt, Mirhan and Melkare have been slain in the skirmishes with the Princes. No word from Lieutenant Dusel, and we still haven't found the 6th Cavalry Unit nor Lieutenant Sidon..."

Emperor Lafach lifted his hand, silencing the last messenger.

"I have heard enough, thank you. First order of business is to recover corpses of the fallen soldiers for burial. Secondly, ensure that Iawan, Dumt, Mirhan and Melkare will be promoted post-humously and their bereaved families compensated with Imperial gold. Thirdly... have Captain Dobvra bring Captain Trakia to me."

The three couriers replied with curt "Sir!" and stormed from the throne room. A short, cloaked and hooded man stepped away from the windows and looked at Emperor Lafach. The Emperor looked at the hooded figure for a moment, before the door was opened and a tall, broad-shouldered blonde woman - clearly a Dorian - in Imperial Armor moved inside, dragging Captain Trakia by the shoulder.

"Captain Dobvra, you may leave." The blonde woman saluted and promptly left.

"Captain Trakia."

"E-Emperor..."

"You have failed me. You have failed all of the Empire. From what I gathered by reading your report, not only you allowed two of lesser officers perish, you fled the battlefield and wasted a particularily good chance at slaying Prince Titon."

"Emperor! P-Please let me explain! It wasn't that simple, these mercenaries, it was ambush, and Dumt has been-"

"SILENCE!" The thunderous voice echoed in the tall hall. "Under the old law you would be risking execution, but I will be different than the warlords of the past. Be grateful, because I'm merely demoting you to a lowest-rank of wyvern rider."

"I-"

"Be quiet! For the next six months, you will serve as a common soldier. Hopefully if you re-learn some basics, you will not be such a failure next time. I have spoken. Begone!" Barely holding her tears back, Captain Trakia bowed her head, then turned and hurriedly left the throne room.

The hooded man let out a chuckle and then stepped toward Emperor Lafach.

"Such generosity, your Highness. However, Captain Trakia is from an old, traditional family. She might actually choose suicide over the shame of demotion."

"Hmph! Tradition and glorification of military is what have kept this country away from the path of progress and enlightment. If Trakia is so weak that she can't handle a demotion, then she might ingest poison even tonight. I don't care."

"..."

"I have to thank you, Spymaster. If you didn't side with me, I probably would be the one fleeing the capital by now."

"Oh, but I'm doing this for the same reasons as you, your Highness. I, too, wish to see-" Emperor Lafach scoffed.

"Cut the bullshit, Yakim. You? Worried about the welfare of the Empire, its citizens? Good joke. All you want is to see Titon and Asmal devoured by the wyverns to avenge your father's death."

"Well then, if my motives are out of the bag, how about my thoughts? I don't think you will live through this, Lafach. Your 'reformation' of the Empire will fail. Do try though, I will surely be amused by the results." Emperor Lafach grimaced, then turned toward the windows, crossing arms behind his back.

After a moment of silent thinking, he turned back to the Spymaster.

"With each passing moment, the siblings will get further and further away from my grasp and quite possibly step off the main roads and bypass the settlements to avoid being seen. Send out your spies, trackers and assasins. I will have the weapons of murder granted to your henchmen."

"Mm, may I be allowed to go... hunting... myself? I kinda wish to catch the slippery one, Titon. Asmal is a dumb warrior, but Titon... he is sneaky. He could be a thrilling challenge." The Emperor nodded at Yakim, who bowed in gratitude.

"You may go now."

A minute later, Emperor Lafach was alone in the throne room. He turned toward the throne with a sigh.

The common people will see me as a tyrant, lawbreaker, rebel... but historians and scholars of the future will see me as reformist and bringer of enlightment into this backwater land. I, Lafach will succeed!

~Loading Chapter 3, please wait~
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:35:20 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 27, 2015, 12:28:32 pm »

~~Chapter 3: HRRRRRN~~

For two days and nights, Prince Titon and his companions, new and old, ventured south and then east, avoiding major settlements and sneaking through the countryside. But the Prince knew that he had to eventually stop for supplies, and therefore, he decided to visit Cafvaden, the ancient city and, for a short time in previous century, ex-capital of the Empire.

Now, however, Titon and his entourage are entering a seldom travelled region called as the Glade's Drain, where terrain is rough and hard to traverse, and the numerous streams and brooks make flat land muddy or even swampy. This was a region where usually no one but occassional spy or hunter ventures...

"I already hate this place." Titon lifted his wet, muddy shoes out of the puddle he accidentally stepped in.

"Nobody likes this region. Rarely a man goes here, what with nothing of value to be found here and with the network of roads neatly circling around the region."

"Still better than actual marsh... didja hear it?" Everyone could hear gallop of a horse... horses?... from the west.

"Did anyone follow us??" Then, a young woman (?) appeared from between the trees.

"Stop at once!" And she did, probably startled. "Who are you? Are you one of Lafach's assasins!?" From distant western direction, sounds of galloping horses could be heard...

//Iolani is now in!

~~Player Turn 1~~

Objectives:
Protect Prince Titon from the vile magical assasin girl!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 27, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »

Chalco, unblocked by terrain on his wyvern, descended in front of the prince. His wyvern settled on the ground as he leveled his lance. It was... a lone woman?

"You there! Halt, you!"

11, 9
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 27, 2015, 12:44:08 pm »

A group of travelers, hmm? I bet... Well lets see if this works.

Iolani to 9-9
"Oh thank goodness! Please, you must help me! I was hired as a bodyguard by Lord Sapis for his children but then his son attempted to... to... I'm sorry, I can't even say it. But I fled! And now they're chasing after me, I don't know why. Please, you have to protect me!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 27, 2015, 01:08:59 pm »

What? Unacceptable! Chalco wouldn't sit by and let an innocent woman be assaulted.

"If you're speaking true, consider yourself under the protection of Lord Chalco Pyritos."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 27, 2015, 01:14:47 pm »

Lian's ear perked as the hoofbeats sounded off in the distance. With a sigh, she lifted her lance and turned westward.
Lian to 11,10.
: "...Oh? How trite; a little lamb chased into the wetlands right into the arms of-" Lian cut herself off as the bronze man made his declaration, sparing a glance at him before slowly returning to the newcomer, eyebrow raised.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 27, 2015, 01:25:47 pm »

"Oh thank you so much! His hired men are right behind me! Mostly horseback units, but he got some magic users as well. Oh, I can... can try and help defend myself too with your help. I'm a mage myself but can't take on all of those men."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 27, 2015, 01:48:08 pm »

"Don't think assassins ever really step in the open anyway."

Sen slightly lowers his bow.

"So, are we helping him with that little cavalry problem, or are we going the other way?"
I need to put something interesting here.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 27, 2015, 01:49:27 pm »

"You do realize I'm a girl, right?"

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 27, 2015, 01:53:32 pm »

"I guess I do now."
I need to put something interesting here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 27, 2015, 02:16:11 pm »

"A mage? Useful. Get behind me, Miss...?."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 27, 2015, 02:20:49 pm »

"Iolani of the Silvermane tribe. Thank you sir. It's good to know that not all lords of this land are brutes."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 27, 2015, 02:28:38 pm »

Turn automatically ends!

~~Enemies Turn!~~

A group of horsemen appeared, some carrying mages on their horses.

"P-shaww~! Such a terrible swamp this is! Move it people, we can't lose the girl after chasing her for all those days!"

~~Allies Turn!~~

"So you're a Dorian?... Allright, I will believe your story, for now. Lafach wouldn't send one bumbling girl after me."

"If you ask me, we should retreat behind that brook. The horsemen will get slowed down by all this terrain and be easier targets."

"Sounds good. Captain, please carry our newest friend for a while. Chalco, Lizbeth, give others a lift if they need it."

"Here you go." Captain Orena ran up to Iolani and helped her climb onto the saddle.

~~Player Turn 2~~

Objectives:
Get rid of the headhunters who are coming after Iolani.

Enemy stats here!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 27, 2015, 02:31:38 pm »

20-8
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 94