Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 94

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), IC Thread!  (Read 66017 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), IC Thread!
« Reply #1065 on: May 30, 2016, 05:00:03 pm »

: "And yet, as a relatively developed place- with a watering hole no less- in this expanse of nothing, it would be a prime target for more bandits. Your magic ability may be able to keep you from the sand, but I would rather sleep in a cave than try to fight in these conditions again."
Lian crossed her arms skeptically.
: "You appear to be rather lax for someone who is fleeing a nobleman's hunters."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 30, 2016, 05:09:55 pm »

"We beat the bandits once, we'll beat 'em again. It's not like it was an especially challenging battle. Only real issue was you slowpokes not being able to deal with the sand."

She scowled slightly at the comment about her being hunted.

"And you seem pretty uptight for someone who barely did anything all day. Even if those hunters survived that... thing, they'd likely have to report back and hire more men, giving us a distinct advantage here. I'm significantly less worried about them than I am the men who seem to be after your prince."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 30, 2016, 05:18:00 pm »

Chalco nodded, slightly disappointed.
"I see. Well, metalwork is a valuable thing to know about."

At the talk between Iolani and Lian, Chalco grunted and interjected.

"Hummph. Well, we need the water, and we can hold here easier than any open desert. I doubt there's too many more brigands skulking around, or they would have been here anyway. If they're smart enough, they could follow our tracks anyway."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 30, 2016, 05:25:54 pm »

Lian's mouth slanted further at Iolani's accusation, but she continued on.
: "Which is precisely what vexes me. By staying with us you draw the attention of all of Arvadia to you. The noble retainers remain for loyalty, and the mercenaries for gold. But for you, what?"
Lian glanced aside at Chalco's interjection.
: "I believe we carry enough waterskins to resupply and last us through the remainder of the desert. And I believe it to be fair reason that if the bandits here were the 'smartest' of the desert, we should have no problem evading more. But if you believe that unsound for whatever reason that can pierce that bronze helmet, then so be it."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:27:41 pm by CrimsonEon »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 30, 2016, 05:38:35 pm »

"So I can't remain because I owe a debt to those who saved me? I have a debt that is not easy to repay, so I will do what I can to repay it. If that is not good enough for you, then you can deal with it."

She crossed her arms and glared at the woman, clearly not happy with her.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 30, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »

"Ya KNOW, I was gonna AGREE with ya, PORCELAIN, but then you said MORE FIGHTING to be had if we STAY! I'M ALL FOR THAT!" Titus shouted his unwanted comment in, the slight aimed at Lian as Titus helped the blue-haired swordsman to his feet bluntly.

"WHY fight on UNKNOWN GROUND when we can PICK IT?" The large man chuckled to himself for little apparent reason.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 30, 2016, 05:55:23 pm »

: "By my count, the beast did more saving than any of our group did."
Lian sighed, uncrossing her arms and planting her lance in the ground.
: "But all of that is irrelevant. My main concern, such as it is, is that we haven't the slightest idea as to why this nobleman is after you. Granted, your pursuer is significantly less capable than ours, but I know all too well that such a mystery only begets misfortune down the road."
Lian winced at the shout, glancing aside to Titus.
: "Fine. I will drop my objection to staying if it quiets your voice in the slightest."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 30, 2016, 06:00:51 pm »

"Why does it matter? I told you, I was a bodyguard for his son and daughter, when his son attempted to take advantage of me. When I attempted to escape, his men came in and he flipped it on me. Said that I had been trying to seduce him. Obviously they believe the lord over the foreigner from a country known for their... sexual prowess I suppose is the best way to say it. So now they chase me to take me back to his father for whatever punishment they view as appropriate. No I do not know why they made such a fuss over it but what can I say?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 30, 2016, 06:07:37 pm »

Alice moved around the remaining chests, quickly unlocking them and plundering the contents.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 30, 2016, 06:20:05 pm »

"It remains to be seen if the rogues try again for another thrashing. Certainly, though, more effort from the blaggards would suggest a deeper grievance." He pulled out a cloth and began wiping some of the gore from his bronze. "Regardless, once we're through the desert it's probably best you make your own way. We'll have only more fighting ahead, and it's not something you'd need to involve yourself in."

He glanced up at Lian.
"I'd also ask if that crack at the helmet was meant to be an provocation, you scoundrel, but if you miss your target in a battle of wits as much as you do in combat then I'd feel unchivalrous to even start."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 30, 2016, 06:20:43 pm »

Lian didn't lose her skeptical glare, but her tone lightened.
: "Where I come from, an offhand mention bereft of details does not count as having 'told'. But I appreciate your telling us now. Please accept my apologies for my prudence in what would normally be a private matter."
She didn't even acknowledge Chalco. Turning aside and walking into the shade, Lian rummaged around the small pack she carried, muttering to herself.
: "I suppose if we are to stay, now would be the best time. Anything to offset the tepid air."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 30, 2016, 06:28:19 pm »

"I'm not leaving until I feel my debt is paid. So kindly don't try to convince me otherwise."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 30, 2016, 06:37:03 pm »

Galen stood a short ways away from the discussion, glancing between its members as each spoke. He looked for all the world a confused child.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 30, 2016, 06:42:06 pm »

"Hmmph. As you wish." As he slicked off some more of the blood, he cursed. "Damnation. A dent."

As he cleaned his armour, he noticed Galen looking lost, and barked a command at him.

"Mage... Galen! Stop standing around like a lost pup. Fetch me some water, and then have some yourself. This is too fine a bronze to be sullied with the blood of these brigands."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 30, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »

"Wouldn't the blood show how fierce you are?"
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 94