Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Roll To Protect: The Neighborhood  (Read 15320 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Protect: The Neighborhood (one spot open!)
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2015, 03:03:51 am »

Well, Yoink said they were going to join this turn, maybe. I'll wait till tomorrow and if Yoink isn't interested then you've got the spot. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2015, 04:19:14 am »

Sorry, I meant next turn as in next game. Buuuuut if you're offering...
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2015, 01:51:44 am »

"Now that was not too smart, was it son?"
dustan would keep the man pinned to the wall to ensure that they did not try to run or attack again.
"Why the hell did you attack me with a broken pair of scissors? Surely you have more sanity than that."

The man, apparently having overcome the pain of losing an eye without going into shock, merely stares at you and doesn't speak, but not as a means of resistance; it's as if he genuinely doesn't understand you. Whatever stands before you isn't a rational human being for the moment... Could he have been drugged? Seems like the only explanation, but the evidence doesn't add up, and it doesn't explain the massive outbreak of violence throughout the floors above.

Keep an eye on the stairwell.

You keep your sights on the door where the attackers first emerged from, but nobody comes out. It seems they intend to stick it out and let you to come to them.

"Guys, I think there's a bomb strapped to the bottom of a desk here."

Move from that room very quickly. Open windows in case of blast."

You run out of the room. There's no windows to open on this level; the building only has windows on every other floor, hence why the snipers weren't aware of Dustan's predicament earlier.

You wait and wait, but nothing happens. No explosion comes, even after a full minute of waiting. Whatever the device is, it isn't a bomb.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Protect: The Neighborhood (one spot open? Maybe?)
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2015, 02:02:50 am »

"Something is off. this man is acting like i'm speaking gibberish...
You said there was some sort of bomb? Maybe it was a chemical agent. Possibly sonic mind-wiping.
It seems rather unlikely though, who would have the tech to do that?"
he would let out a frustrated sigh, dragging the man to the elevator, pressing the button for ground floor, and shoving the poor sod in. he might of been a hostile, but he's nothing more than a civvie now. Inform command about the situation and discovery, then proceed with my teammates.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:29:36 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2015, 10:18:57 am »

Destroy the device. Whatever it is, it probably helps those savages. Somehow.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2015, 03:06:51 pm »

"Maybe we should get a better look at the thing before we smash it? Just to see what it does and how it works."
Keep watch, proceed into the room Tomasque is in.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2015, 09:50:30 pm »

Is there any way I could join in the future? This looks pretty interesting...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2015, 10:29:46 pm »

Yeah, every time a "mission" ends, I clear out the list of players and let some new people join. When a mission will end is hard to tell, since I only have a general idea of things that will happen in the mission, and play it by ear from there.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2015, 04:50:31 pm »

it appears that we're all done with this turn, cause nobody else is posting.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2015, 06:53:41 pm »

"Something is off. this man is acting like i'm speaking gibberish...
You said there was some sort of bomb? Maybe it was a chemical agent. Possibly sonic mind-wiping.
It seems rather unlikely though, who would have the tech to do that?"
he would let out a frustrated sigh, dragging the man to the elevator, pressing the button for ground floor, and shoving the poor sod in. he might of been a hostile, but he's nothing more than a civvie now. Inform command about the situation and discovery, then proceed with my teammates.

It's simple enough; he doesn't resist, he doesn't resist as you take him to the elevator, ride the way down, and then push him out. He simply lays there; he only begins to stir when the elevator doors are almost closed, as you see him begin to get to his feet.

When you mention the device to Command, there's a silence. You hear the radio fuzz disappear as they close their end of the connection momentarily; the open channel, that is supposed to remain open for the entire duration of the mission.

They reopen it after a too-long pause. "Destroy the device. Do not attempt to examine it. It must not be retrieved. Out."

Destroy the device. Whatever it is, it probably helps those savages. Somehow.

"Maybe we should get a better look at the thing before we smash it? Just to see what it does and how it works."
Keep watch, proceed into the room Tomasque is in.

Zormod arrives, as Tomasque is taking aim at the device. At first glance, it appears no worse the wear for having taken several direct strikes from the butt of Tomasque's gun. However, there's a small opening in the corner, where one of the nearly invisible seams along the edges has been busted open.

After a brief but intense struggle, you manage to open the device; it looks like a fairly standard piece of electronics; circuits and black boxes, light green traces on top of a green-printed piece of plastic.

What's not normal, however, is what appears to be a small petri dish with whitish-grey tissue, marbled with dark red veins, attached to the board like some sort of bizarre reverse-cyborg.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2015, 06:04:23 am »

He would proceed to follow orders, before seeing what it was. at this point, he would radio in again, this time over what he is seeing due to his teammates.
"Sir, something opened it up before I could get to it. It's got a exposed petri dish that may contain a biological agent. If we destroy it, our gear is not going to protect us. Permission to request biohazard squad?"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:08:27 am by Dustan Hache »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2015, 03:56:32 pm »

PTW, I may jump in next game, if there is a next game.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2015, 06:46:28 pm »

Look around for some items to make a makeshift bomb.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2015, 12:39:30 am »

Leave the room and look for more of these devices, but never straying too far from the safety of my teammates.

((Sorry I didnt write my action before this.))
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2015, 02:48:23 am »

He would proceed to follow orders, before seeing what it was. at this point, he would radio in again, this time over what he is seeing due to his teammates.
"Sir, something opened it up before I could get to it. It's got a exposed petri dish that may contain a biological agent. If we destroy it, our gear is not going to protect us. Permission to request biohazard squad?"

There's a brief hiss as somebody opens the channel to speak to you; however, they reconsider and close the channel. Your equipment is working fine, and you can think of no reason for command's equipment to be damaged; for whatever reason, they have decided not to answer you.

Look around for some items to make a makeshift bomb.

You suppose that if you had a chemistry degree, you could mix the various white-outs, stamping inks and the rubbing alcohol from the bathroom into a bomb. You would just need something to form the shrapnel; alas though, all you have are these weird round grenades on your belt. Those are much too big to encase around an IED!

Leave the room and look for more of these devices, but never straying too far from the safety of my teammates.

((Sorry I didnt write my action before this.))

You find none; the device must have been meant to cover the entire floor.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11