Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What color is your Slime?

Stock Slime Green
- 6 (50%)
Purple, like the pure will of the players.
- 6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Slime Time - The Lair - Halloween update  (Read 3970 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Slime Time - Welcome to Bright Hills!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 06:33:49 pm »

Well, i foolishly feel like we have a fortune enough of rads that we can afford to waste one. Spend one rad on a mutation experiment!
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 08:50:15 pm »

Well, i foolishly feel like we have a fortune enough of rads that we can afford to waste one. Spend one rad on a mutation experiment!
+1
What would you like to experiment with? You have a better chance if you define a goal with you mutation, otherwise I just run the secondary system any you don't gain anything if the primary has a success. See the section "evolution" in the OP for information on how this works.

*You can be pretty general in your description of the desired mutation, I just need something to define a primary success.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 08:55:01 pm »

+1
What would you like to experiment with? You have a better chance if you define a goal with you mutation, otherwise I just run the secondary system any you don't gain anything if the primary has a success. See the section "evolution" in the OP for information on how this works.

*You can be pretty general in your description of the desired mutation, I just need something to define a primary success.
Making ourselves somewhat poisonous or acidic to other things, that is what we will try for
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Slime Time - Everybody Mutates
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 12:50:00 am »

Slime Time - Everybody Mutates
You hop down off the sink and splatter onto the floor. Fortunately for you, slimes recover from spatters very easily. The first order of business would of course be to investigate your surroundings. You crawl over to the broken porcelain structure. Upon close inspection the viscous black liquid turns out not to be as homogeneous as you first assumed. It looks... chunky. You skirt around the edge of it trying to find the source to no avail. You are forced to conclude that the liquid is not coming from the porcelain structure. In fact, it seems like its not coming from anywhere. Could it be possible that it was brought here? Maybe its some type of psudo-slime and it crawled here on its own?
You try to communicate with it using your psychic senses and the innate sense of camaraderie all slimes have with each other. ... It doesn't respond. 
You sit back and examine the fluid once more. Despite the fact that it looks like its spreading out, it doesn't appear to have actually changed in size. The more you examine it the more confused you become. It looks like a fluid, but doesn't behave like one at all. Bizarre.

You have more important things to do though. An upstanding slime like yourself cant just be running around all the time. You have to focus on self improvement. You consider the difficulties you had with the moss earlier. Perhaps if you had been able to kill it faster than it wouldn't have been able to eat you. You begin the process of self mutation.

*I'm going to post the whole process since this is the first time mutating.

Primary Mutation
Extremely simple mutation, generalized as acidity(native to slimes). 1+1=2 X=2
X=2 (S)uccess number S=1 Rolled on D2
First Roll - 1, Primary Success! -1 Rad

Secondary mutation
Always Rolled on a D(10+current number of mutations) *The max possible number for that roll is always the only success. Rolling a catastrophic failure may result in interesting effects.
D(10+0)
First Roll. - 5 Failure!

*In the future I will only post results, and rad consumed.

After a few hours of concentration, you succeed in mutating a cell to produce more powerful digestive enzymes. This quickly propagates throughout your entire body. In a strike of insight you find you can apply what you know of density control in unison with these digestive enzymes. You slowly create a small spot of less dense cytoplasm on your surface, and flood the area behind it with a greater concentration of your digestive enzymes. You now have a mouth! ...of sorts. It actually doesn't look any different from the rest of you except for being a slightly lighter color. (.... ....Poll added to thread.) You can still eat from anywhere on your body, but eating through your mouth lets you absorb larger things, and faster. You digest absorbed matter faster overall now, but especially near you mouth.

You look back up and reexamine your surroundings. The sink is now about 4 feet above your nonexistent head. The creepy black fluid is still flowing and going nowhere. The hallway looms in front of you. Is it just you or does it seem like the door at the end is open wider now? Probably just the wind. Not that you know what wind is. You've spent your whole life at the bottom of a pipe remember? You really should get out more.

Your contemplation on the state of your social life is rudely interrupted by a small "thunk". Terrified, you freeze on the spot, your psychic senses straining to pick up on any noise or vibration. To your horror, you hear that ominous skittering sound again, and it's coming from the sink. There's something IN THE SINK!
Fairly soon there's going to be something on-top of the sink, looking down at the room with you square in the center of it unless you do something.

*1 rad upkeep will be charged next post.

Spoiler: State of the Slime (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abilities/attributes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:07:22 pm by helmacon »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 01:07:05 am »

Hide and observe
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 01:40:31 am »

We are purple, and we will move towards the creature, and attempt to ambush it if it comes in.
Also, i am fairly sure the black "liquid" is actually a shadow. Since we are to some extent translucent at the least, we do not have it on us either. If we became completely opaque, we might generate it ourselves, but the density we would need to do so is rather high.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:44:20 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 12:28:59 pm »

There's no light in the room to form shadows actually. Right now you "see" by using your psychic powers in a process similar to echolocation, but with colors. Your psychic core creates a chronic disruption in the natural aether, and when this hits other objects, they send a wave bouncing back through the aether. You can interpret this resonance to understand Shape, Color, and even sounds. This lets you "see" perfectly in the dark & light. Areas of high radiation may distort your senses though.
Also, I added the purple option to the Poll.

Next few updates may get Super Spooky in honor of Halloween.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:33:38 pm by helmacon »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 02:30:52 pm »

Our self is Courier New.  Yes, our color is a font.  We blame psychically induced synthesesia.  Or however you spell it.
Hide and observe
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 02:48:03 pm »

Stretch self out a bit until you look exactly like simple splatter.

Also, nice job on the slime based forum game. I tried to make one myself a while back but it didn't turn out that well.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:20 pm »

((PTW))
thincake

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 07:43:38 pm »

Right now we have a tie between Green and purple, so i'm going to reset the poll with just those two.

Also, nice job on the slime based forum game. I tried to make one myself a while back but it didn't turn out that well.
Thanks!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Slime Time - The Lair - Halloween update
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 03:18:59 am »

Slime Time - The Lair - Halloween update
Thinking quickly, you slide close up to the wall and flatten yourself out as far as you can go. No one can tell there's anything different about the room now. Unless they could see color of course, then they would see a giant purple dot on the floor. Hey, purple. That's a good word. You decide that that's what you will call the color you are.
Further introspection is interrupted as the thing skitters up on top of the sink and surveys the room. Fortunately, most creatures don't see using psychic echolocation, and it fails to see you. It proceeds to skitter down the wall, crawling right along the vertical. It stops for a moment when it reaches the bottom to look around and you get your first good look at the monstrosity.
Spoiler: Terrifying Creature (click to show/hide)

Its about twice your size, and its front appendages appear to be holding what look like a piece of meat. It scurries over to the black liquid you were looking at earlier and squirms it's way onto it, depositing the meat in front. Apparently, it can walk fairly well in the stuff. It grabs one of the larger chunks and with a sound like tearing flesh, rips it clean out of the liquid. The cavity left behind begins to ooze a deep red blood until it resembles a small puddle. You suppose it actually is alive. The bug takes its chunk and leaves the room via the hallway, alternating between the floor and the walls without breaking speed. 

Shaken, you turn you attention back to the bleeding fluid. The fluid creature. Nothing happens for several minuets until slowly, it begins to inch forward. If one wasn't paying attention they wouldn't even notice it moving, but your focus is rock solid thanks to the growing sense of terror you have for this place. The fluid creature keeps moving forward until it is just before the meat, and then stays there for a few minuets as if resting. All of a sudden the creature rears up, and for one moment you can see a horrible face, the features completely flat, and mostly taken up by a huge toothless gash of a mouth. Thousands of phalanges cover the bottom of its body, each no bigger than a pin, all squirming in asymmetric unison. It holds there for one terrifying moment, it's vestigial eyes pointed at the wall just past you, before unceremoniously flopping back down on-top of the meat.
You stay flattened for hours, to terrified to move. The blood slowly congeals on the fluid creature. Occasionally you hear echos of more skittering, and at one point a loud thump from the ceiling above you. Finally you find the courage to gather yourself up and bolt down the hallway, cursing your decision to ever leave your pipe. Out the other side of the hallway you find yourself in a long room. Broken monitors line one side, and a tangle of shredded electrical wires fill one corner. The other side of the room is taken up mainly by a large glass wall looking out into a much larger chamber. Looking out the wall, your slimy heart sinks.

Three large metal cylinders are spaced throughout the chamber, reaching all the way up and connecting with the ceiling 40ft above. One of the cylinders has a crack near the base, and everything seems fuzzy around it. A few catwalks lead from the floor up to the top of the cylinders. Several large beasts looking vaguely like the the creatures on the sign sit around the chamber. They are all jet black, and muscular. A few have four arms, but most have only two. Bones litter the floor, and some of the creatures carry shards of bone in their hands like daggers. Pictures of giant beasts are painted on the sides of the cylinders in dark red. You hate to think what they might have used as paint. You watch as a bug like the one you saw earlier skitters out across the room. One of the larger creatures drops his bone shard, and moving with a speed you wouldn't expect from his size, deftly scoops the bug up in one hand and pops it into his mouth. You can feel the radiation coming from the cylinders, but to get to them you would need to find a away past those creatures. You would probably have to be bigger if you wanted to fight anything, but there are always other ways of doing things.

The room you are in exits to another hallway leading to the big chamber. A staircase sits at one end of the hallway going up & down, and a large steel door is set in the side of the wall. It if firmly sealed. Upon further examination of the room you are in, you find a trail of ant like insects crawling along the floor. They don't seem very radioactive. There is also a vent near the floor, and traces of purple stuff around it. Could there be other slimes here? You hear more skittering. It sounds like that bug is coming back.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

* -1 rad upkeep

* You Psychic Powers have grown, keep up the good work. (You now have more control over your voice, and you can move small objects over small distances. Mind control is coming soon)

Spoiler: State of the Slime (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abilities/attributes (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 03:50:35 am »

Ascend
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 07:30:40 am »

attempt to evolve stickiness to walls if not already posisble
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 04:22:33 pm »

Our powers combined!
Climb up the walls mutating to do so if need be.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3