Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werecaveapefishman  (Read 1393 times)

Emperor of Carp

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [ETHIC:EAT_DWARF:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Werecaveapefishman
« on: October 24, 2015, 07:51:48 pm »

Hey guys. So I was playing with a new fortress in a nearly extinct world, and a cute little wereape showed up for some FUN. Guy came in with a 20 or so person migrant wave and beat two of his friends to death, along with their pets. I couldn't pull up my bridge in time, but then this happened.

So what happened is my expedition leader went up on to the bridge, and... did something? Because after the wereape became a fish he was just dead and my expedition leader was unharmed.
Can anybody enlighten me as to what happened?
Do you even know what a google is?

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Werecaveapefishman
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 08:40:21 pm »

Transformation time ran out, and cave fishman is probably a wimp in normal form, so got beaten to death...either that or as a fishman he immediately asphyxiated being out of the water :|a
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 12:47:08 pm »

I so want to know what the blackened part is...
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Maikcollos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 05:19:06 pm »

Should've made a werecaveapefishmandwarffortress out of it

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 09:04:29 pm »

either that or as a fishman he immediately asphyxiated being out of the water :|a
They have the amphibious token.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Emperor of Carp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »

@latias1290
Just a whole bunch of "Urist McUrist canceled everything, theres a werecreature" kinda stuff. Sorry :P

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 04:46:09 am »

I didn't know that fishmen could become werebeast, or at least didn't expect it to happen.

!!SCIENCE!! on this, anyone? :P
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

Emperor of Carp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 06:40:00 pm »

Theoretically, shouldnt any living creature be able to were-ify? I dont know what the distinguishing factor is.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 06:51:03 pm »

Going by the example interactions in the raws, it should require a living creature that has blood and is capable of learning. They cannot be a supernatural creature, and cannot already be a werebeast, vampire, or mummy.

They must also do something to anger a deity, as it is a curse.