Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Interest Check] Massive Civ/Beast Fortress for !FUN!  (Read 680 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
[Interest Check] Massive Civ/Beast Fortress for !FUN!
« on: October 23, 2015, 01:15:01 pm »

I have been experimenting with using a ridiculously high Civilization number (200 in this case) in order to address the lack of visitors.  This tactic has proven partially successful, generating ambushes and proper attacks by year 3.  I haven't yet played enough to see the effects long-term, so it is still a gamble.  Could be this is enough to ensure a handful of Gobbos & Elves per year, or it could lead to 300+ unit armies in less than a decade.

The embark will be split between Good & Evil regions, so at the very least there will be Weather and Zombie critters to contest with.  I realize this sounds like a veterans-only game, but I encourage anyone interested to consider, especially if you have never played in such conditions.  It will be a good learning experience :P  So that's the premise; partially !SCIENCE! of a 200-civ WorldGen, and partially surviving a half-Evil region.  Thoughts?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Interest Check] Massive Civ/Beast Fortress for !FUN!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »

I'd definitely would watch.  I might even try playing.
A rush to iron+ armor and steel weapons increases the win rate versus normal hordes.
Stress management seems to play a larger role in long term mass casualty cleanup.
Maybe the good biome part can be a happy place burrow.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 02:41:07 pm »

!SCIENCE! is !SCIENCE! as they say. I won't be able to play, but it seems interesting. I'll definitely watch if this becomes a thing.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 02:47:16 pm »

Lol, I like the idea of a happy place burrow.  I am not dead-set on using an aligned Biome, I simply want to inject as many !FUN! elements as possible.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 04:57:30 pm »

I'd be up for playing this.

!!SCIENCE!! and the potential threat of frequent attacks?
Mmm-mmmmmm good!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 05:37:14 am »

i would lke to play.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 09:05:07 pm »

Two yes's and a maybe :-\  Well, this kind of !FUN! isn't for everyone.  Perhaps when the new version drops, or winter break starts.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 11:09:21 pm »

So is this a thing? Because I've been genning worlds trying to get a Whisperwhipian experience and I basically haven't seen a forgotten beast or a titan since. It's only just now occurred to me that I've only had one real titan experience since I started playing 40.24 (when the hydra whom the actual age of the entire world was named after turned up on my glacier and ate my military).
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 11:26:15 pm »

Sounds like this is going to end up as agonizingly slow as that time I tried to swim across an ocean in adv mode. Within about 3 turns no less.
Still it's be worth a shot.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 12:09:10 pm »

Yeah, what the heck.  No reason every Succession game has to be a super serious RP deal.  I will cook up a world with the aforementioned ridiculous hostility levels & Civilization numbers, and we'll see where it takes us.