Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: EuReThRa I have found it! FiSh FaRmIn, WaR cArP!!! tAm  (Read 9269 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EuReThRa I have found it! FiSh FaRmIn, WaR cArP!!! tAm
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 06:15:00 am »

Now all you need is to mod in war carp.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 06:29:00 am »

I have tried to make war carp several ways including from a kennel in a flooded 3/7 and 4/7 room with stray tame carp swimming in the room and it says no animal available then if i view the the carp it says waiting to be trained.

GuEsS i BeNt TeH cOdE aS fAr As I cOuLd.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 07:16:00 am »

You can build terrariums (which can be turned into aquariums IIRC) out of glass. If you used one of those for a cage trap, would the carp survive in it even if you built it on a dry tile?

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 08:09:00 am »

U cant use em for cage traps
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 10:22:00 am »

Well, heck. The old method of killing gobbos was to flood the entrance corridor. Now we can add insult to injury! Nibbled to death by carp while drowning!
quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 10:59:00 am »

There is a group of goblins running down a hallway. They see no enemies, and think the citizens and plunder inside the fort are easy pickings. They then see a flood coming down the hallway, but that is the least of thier worries. Carp are riding the wave.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 11:02:00 am »

I suggested a chamber underneath the primary walkway before.  Just have channels opening it up here and there, and let the carp swim free underneath.  When something nasty comes along and passes too close to the edge, a carp jumps up and drags them down into the water's embrace, ready to be nibbled to pieces while they drown.

EDIT:  Typing without the index finger of your right hand leads to typos, apparently...

[ March 30, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

Oh man, I wanna see a picture of the Carp riding the leading wave of a Flood down a hall.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »

I think I3erent is confusing carp with candiru.  Carp have nothing to do with urethras.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by I3erent:
<STRONG>U cant use em for cage traps</STRONG>
Terraria? Yes you can. My entire trap corridor is filled with green glass terrarium cage traps and green glass serrated disc weapon traps.
I was actually surprised you hadn't used a terrarium when catching the carp.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

Yes, but will a terrarium that is used as a cage trap actually hold the water for the fish?

Chewy2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 03:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>I3erent, would you please stop doing the shuffled cApItAl LeTtErS?  It's a bit annoying...  4Chan is kept a separate website from Bay12 for a damn good reason, and I'd like to keep it that way.</STRONG>

Since when alternating between capital & lower case was related to 4chan? You're WAY too paranoid of the chans.

And as for the fish catching & taming, that's a pretty cool find.

Eruonen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>I3erent, would you please stop doing the shuffled cApItAl LeTtErS?  It's a bit annoying...  4Chan is kept a separate website from Bay12 for a damn good reason, and I'd like to keep it that way.</STRONG>

What? Typing as retarded as I3erent is doing would get you flamed a lot on 4chan.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by pushy:
<STRONG>Terraria? Yes you can. My entire trap corridor is filled with green glass terrarium cage traps and green glass serrated disc weapon traps.
I was actually surprised you hadn't used a terrarium when catching the carp.</STRONG>

Hmm maybe I confused em with glass boxes.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 06:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Eruonen:
<STRONG>
What? Typing as retarded as I3erent is doing would get you flamed a lot on 4chan.</STRONG>

Lets not take the focua off this brilliant discovery k?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5