Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: EuReThRa I have found it! FiSh FaRmIn, WaR cArP!!! tAm  (Read 9262 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
EuReThRa I have found it! FiSh FaRmIn, WaR cArP!!! tAm
« on: March 30, 2008, 02:07:00 am »

I have put much effort into proving or disproving this, first I couldnt get the right map for crap, then I found one suitable and just as I finished preparing the test this crazy bug threatened to destroy the whole project.  I had to hurry things along by foregoeing the floodgates that would have let me test the second part of this theorem.  But I managed to prove the 1st point before it was too late.  Ladies and gentlemen I give you carp in a cage...

And further proof of caged carp

I am extremely disapointed that a bug prevented me from further testing the hypothesis of taming fish and training them or breeding them in ponds.

I apologize to the community for this, didnt mean to get you arroused with no happy ending but I leave it up to someone else to confirm the rest of this.

I have spent a week testing this (try getting the f!!kers to swim where you want!) and for now my patience is up, now off to the bug forum...

[ March 30, 2008: Message edited by: I3erent ]

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: EuReThRa I have found it! FiSh FaRmIn, WaR cArP!!! tAm
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 02:24:00 am »

quote:

EuReThRa

BWAHAHAHA!  Heh heh, buddy, I think you mean Eureka.  

Urethra.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 02:40:00 am »

Hopefully you know me enough to know that was intentional! haha go finish your damn turn Kagus! While I test this further new location and traps being set as we speak...
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 03:02:00 am »

You built a cage trap underwater, didn't you? Wow, I can see it now. Have a hoard of caged carp in your main hallway. When the gobbos come, release the carps.

You made some typos in the OP. Craps are not carps. Stuff like that.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 03:18:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>You built a cage trap underwater, didn't you? Wow, I can see it now. Have a hoard of caged carp in your main hallway. When the gobbos come, release the carps.

You made some typos in the OP. Craps are not carps. Stuff like that.</STRONG>

No, My friend where I come from crap is the nice word for shit, that is what I meant by that, And it is much bigger than that, I HAVE recreated my farms on another map, only now I have many many carps, and I have found it is a great way to obtain hippos!  I have plans for a whole breeding tank that is fed by fresh water but for now I am testing to see how far we can go with this, stay tuned.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 04:00:00 am »

How the... how did you tame carp without it suffocating? o.O

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 04:01:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by I3erent:
<STRONG>The turning point in dwarven history, the shining moment...</STRONG>

This could end in tears.You know, the part where it chews their kids head off or something...

Magma is overrated.

Kael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 04:21:00 am »

You, sir, are WIN.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 04:25:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sneakey pete:
<STRONG>

This could end in tears.You know, the part where it chews their kids head off or something...</STRONG>

I've been crying in laughter all night, soon i will post how to move them and tame them without killing them cuz they drown when not in water.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 04:47:00 am »

I'm guessing you flood the kennels and cages with 3/7 water?

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 04:51:00 am »

The cages need to be flooded all the way when you let them in, then u need to use that drainage corridor to get the water to 3/7.  Then you tame the carp, then you need to dig out the drainage channel further and place a cage with a tame carp in it BEFORE it covers with water.  Then you move the cage next to your pond then assign the carp to it thru the zone menu.

[Note] your ponds must be close to your traps so they survive the brief trip out of water, the cages sphere of protection will last only a little while apparently.

Im testing wether they will live in a natural stagnant pond.... Further updates as this progresses.

Toady you better not take this out......4 realz man, damn maybe I shoulda kept my mouth shut!  :D

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 05:25:00 am »

domestic carp...

the dwarves were arrogant, in drunken laugther they celebrated their own genius. Little did they know that the carp would soon adapt to the land, and become the new rulers of the mountain homes. And the darves were mere liestock

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 06:12:00 am »

I3erent, would you please stop doing the shuffled cApItAl LeTtErS?  It's a bit annoying...  4Chan is kept a separate website from Bay12 for a damn good reason, and I'd like to keep it that way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5