Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136372 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1365 on: December 30, 2018, 10:02:43 pm »

I can't place this asshole on the map

the game ask me to join a knight offer or to join a previous dynasty member, and don't give me the option "no oath"

on the character page there is two "place" options, the second bring me back to the page where I must swear fealty to someone, that doesn't exist

Any red dots on the map are free placement, look around. You have to click the town you want to start in to get "no oath".

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #1366 on: December 31, 2018, 04:58:06 am »

I like the idea thats going on, im with it.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 31, 2018, 07:43:04 am »

The title turned out to be misleading. Battlemaster is a better game. :(

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 31, 2018, 09:45:13 am »

The title turned out to be misleading. Battlemaster is a better game. :(

There's a lot to say about Battlemaster and Might & Fealty--ostensibly very pioneering games--they're ultimately just SO slow that, it just takes too long to become fun, and then too long between bouts of said fun. Also there's a bit of a problem where people who get power stay in power (until they get bored and leave, or frustrated and leave), which might be realistic, but aint too fun. Ultimately, I think people just get bored of checking in a few times a day.

Land of Lords, which I'm not sure is really the same genre, feels a lot like the next step in... this type of game, rectifies some of the boredom of Battlemaster and Might & Fealty, but at the end of the day it still just takes FOREVER to do anything of importance.

Someone needs to create a similar game with a lower barrier to entry? I don't know... time locking things, and really just having any sort of action take many real life hours to complete just blows. There are also a lot of other problems each game has.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 31, 2018, 10:49:47 am »

I think that smaller maps would help and a faster action rate.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 31, 2018, 11:14:07 am »

(my light went off yesterday, returned today)

nothing changed, the red dot only give me the option to check the details about the city, right clicking gives nothing

nothing on the details about the city let me start there

I tried to log in in another browser (I use vivaldi and tried the edge) but the same occur

my unluck is wonderfull :v

welp, leaving now, happy new year guys o/
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 31, 2018, 02:16:53 pm »

Going through the screens myself, the full process is -

Start on the characters screen, then you must have an unplaced character, so click their "Place" link.

On the next screen, you'll see sections, "Accept Fealty Offer", "Place With Family", and "Place On Map". You can only do the last option.

Make sure you use the embedded map in this screen and don't click out to the general Map option in the menu bar, because that one doesn't give the placement option, and is probably what you clicked on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 02:25:50 pm by Reelya »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1372 on: January 01, 2019, 05:18:07 am »

I like the idea thats going on, im with it.

Right now I'm effectively being an unpaid gardener for a lord that doesn't roleplay, which is about as entertaining as staring at a white wall. Just ring the bell when you're in the area, so I can write my resignation letter and get moving too o/

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 01, 2019, 05:58:15 am »

Okay, going to send this to the admin

there is only the first two options, place on map doesn't exist

nor the embedded map

https://imgur.com/a/lurCvZD
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 01, 2019, 08:49:29 am »

IDK that might be a bug, but it might be a feature.

A while back they were talking about limiting new accounts from spawning randomly in order to try and crack down on the rampant free account abuse (it was incredibly easy to spam many free accounts and make a lot of characters and use that to mess with things), but i didn't think they'd actually implemented anything.

My account can place characters normally, and your characters are labeled "new to the game" for the first couple of weeks, so I'd guess that after that time you can place like normal. However, it would be kind of a bummer if that meant you just couldn't play at all because there are no knights offers available. Way to keep new players out of the game.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:21:31 am by Reelya »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 01, 2019, 02:21:25 pm »

There's a lot to say about Battlemaster and Might & Fealty--ostensibly very pioneering games--they're ultimately just SO slow that, it just takes too long to become fun, and then too long between bouts of said fun. Also there's a bit of a problem where people who get power stay in power (until they get bored and leave, or frustrated and leave), which might be realistic, but aint too fun. Ultimately, I think people just get bored of checking in a few times a day.

Land of Lords, which I'm not sure is really the same genre, feels a lot like the next step in... this type of game, rectifies some of the boredom of Battlemaster and Might & Fealty, but at the end of the day it still just takes FOREVER to do anything of importance.

Someone needs to create a similar game with a lower barrier to entry? I don't know... time locking things, and really just having any sort of action take many real life hours to complete just blows. There are also a lot of other problems each game has.
Dude, that's super misleading.
I recently started playing BM again after a long hiatus. Took my main character two months to become a general. In half a year I was a king.
Basically you can get promoted very rapidly. The only offices that are indeed very hard to get into are Ducal seats. Most other officials change frequently enough.

LoL can't be really compared to those other two games for its just a glorified Travian.
Not to mention that becoming a king in LoL will take you probably much longer AND it will be much less fun (unless you're into grinding more than rp).

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 02, 2019, 04:07:15 am »

One thing that made MaF unplayable after a while for me is the way resources are distributed and too much focus on what's 'historically accurate' versus what's fun for the player base. Iron mines, necessary for the best equipment (and thus best troops) are rare and mostly locked down by the old guard players, which further cements their power. It allowed them to dictate the game to new players since if you didn't cooperate they'd just steamroll your spear-wielding, leather-armored troops under their full-plate cavalry.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 02, 2019, 08:32:37 am »

I think it would be a much more active and meaningful game if they added "seasons" or something to wipe the map clean every year at 6 months - year. Adjust the gameplay to be a little more fast paced and you have yourself a much more accessable game world.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 02, 2019, 09:01:02 am »

The main unrealistic thing in these games is that characters have infinite life-span. That negates plenty of realistic things that could be in the game, and leads to some inconsistent lore. Done right, character death from old age could spur people to action, as well as being used to allow a sort of constant soft-reboot.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1379 on: January 02, 2019, 09:11:59 am »

M&F has always suffered from the complete absence of any impetus to do anything. Real politics are driven by famine, overpopulation, scarce resources. M&F's peasants are only numbers that offer no benefit unless you have metal, which is the only scarce resource and happens to be comparable to being able to mine nukes. There is zero reason for a nation with metal reserves to let go of them and zero way for them to be pried away. It's bad design and the game will stagnate until it's fixed (if it ever is).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 96