Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136475 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1185 on: November 09, 2016, 03:39:36 pm »

surplus of metals message only applies to production. Reweston had 4k food stockpiled, but it was giving me the dramatic shortage when I had 500 soldiers camped outside.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 09, 2016, 08:43:53 pm »

No, i specifically meant production surplus, not stocks. my town is producing 350 per day more than it consumes/exports, yet still gets a message that there are massive shortages.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 10, 2016, 04:51:35 am »

Hmm. Its quite possible that the game factors in total production momentum/potential into its "shortages", pulling back from max production - thereby producing a surplus in material - which still suffering a shortage.

For example, if you produce 1 thousand units of food, and a citizen usually eats 10 a day, you can feed 100 people. With 200 citizens, you're suffering a massive -1,000 shortage.

If you're forced to ration down to 2 units a day as a result, people will go hungry, but you can then feed 500 people. If you have 200 citizens, you thus go from a -1,000 true shortage to a 400 usage / 600 surplus, while still suffering what one can logically call a shortage.

Just a random thought. No clue if its accurate in representing the way in-game mechanics factor in raw goods versus production over consumption.

I know its mainly based on population, but I've seen some odd numbers that make me think there's more to it than initially meets the eye.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 14, 2016, 09:46:06 pm »

What happened to this thread? It kinda died for a bit, but as far as I can see people haven't stopped playing.

Well, apart from me- nothing had happened for a while on either of my characters so I didn't check for a few days, then glanced back in today to find the besieging force had finally attacked my main character. Things don't look good for him. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 15, 2016, 01:21:20 am »

Ouch >_<

Well, I'm in the process of forming an empire out of the ashes of Arrakesh and Sarantium. Y'all are welcome to join :) Magnus Gault of the Black Order of the Southern reach is currently boots on the ground in his old Vesperian-Archonian lands, and the Emperor-heir of Arrakesh is on his way by boat at the mo'. Once he arrives and he gets a few more estates, we can found the Empire, Arrakesh will swear an oath of fealty, and hopefully some other surrounding indies will join in.

Should be fun... As the Emperor is literally descended from Armokian, Auru'in, and Vendaran-Verakhul bloodlines, there will be many shenanigans and mingling of lores. (Tarzath-Armokian emperor's daughter married the ruler of Arrakesh, who had a daughter of Tarzath+Verakhul-Vendaran blood called Ourania, who married Alekhsandr Aurea, Exiled Prince of the Auru'in, and gave birth to Azharod, the emperor-heir. So, he's... Urist's great-grandson I think?)

I'm going to do my best to take the fun bits of Arrakeshi mysteries, mix that with the Sarantian law&order, and pull some Auru'in/Black Order nuttery, with Armokian skullfucking mixed in.

...What the hell have I given birth to. :|
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 15, 2016, 04:52:16 am »

Righto, Yoink, is that a different character who's getting besieged?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:54:23 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 15, 2016, 07:04:07 am »

Yeah, the first one I made. On pretty much the other side of the world, haha.
Might want to message me as to what my more-relevant character should be doing, I got there to find things already taken care of and then kinda got distracted. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 15, 2016, 07:13:47 am »

Yeah, the first one I made. On pretty much the other side of the world, haha.
Might want to message me as to what my more-relevant character should be doing, I got there to find things already taken care of and then kinda got distracted. >.>

I'll do that in-game. btw you can use the various kingdom level chats to ask people about stuff like that.

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 15, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »

Well, apart from me- nothing had happened for a while on either of my characters so I didn't check for a few days, then glanced back in today to find the besieging force had finally attacked my main character. Things don't look good for him. :(
Yoink does the town besiege happen to be Ykaten? If so I just realize you are playing one of my character knights.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 15, 2016, 05:45:10 pm »

Yoink, I'd be so happy if you made a character whose first name is Yoink. Or maybe the family name.

The jokes Id make...

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 15, 2016, 07:26:52 pm »

People stopped posting knight offers. Now I know why. Every time I do it some retard creates a character and tries to mess with my settlements or just dumps him into slumber. What the fuck are people thinking when they do that?
It must be a paid player too because he doesn't run out of slots.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 15, 2016, 10:21:41 pm »

This is why I only give 1 single troop, and give it a nice RP description, then check the player out when they spawn in.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 16, 2016, 12:30:33 am »

People stopped posting knight offers. Now I know why. Every time I do it some retard creates a character and tries to mess with my settlements or just dumps him into slumber. What the fuck are people thinking when they do that?
It must be a paid player too because he doesn't run out of slots.

It would be nice if you could set knight's offers to be for new players only.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 16, 2016, 08:16:03 am »

The problem is, for a dedicated jackass, that isn't an issue. He'll just make a throwaway e-mail account and create a new character using that account.

Andrew Calinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 16, 2016, 09:05:27 am »

A redesign of the new-player introduction system is on the ToDo list. If you've any suggestions, please let me know.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 96