Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136550 times)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1110 on: November 07, 2016, 04:45:10 am »

Would I give you this advice if I were, you dummy?
Some neighbouring realms have strong Idraei lobbies and you never even sent an envoy anywhere. Everyone else believes you are the bad guys and dozens of knights are just waiting for their lieges to allow them go kick your ass. Some wiser lords are still concerned that Idraei might not be entirely truthful about their dire situation, but once they see you steamrolling through Idraei territory, you're screwed.
This is not just a war game, you need to think about global politics or you will lose bitterly and complain about old players, cliques, gang ups and other crap afterwards.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1111 on: November 07, 2016, 04:47:50 am »

A few envoys were sent and are en route as I type. But I'm not gonna wait for my envoy to reach nowhereville before I defend my borders.

Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 07, 2016, 04:52:52 am »

Note for the future: establishing diplomatic ties with neighbours and biggest realms in the area is super important. You literally do it right away. When armies are more or less even, wars are won via diplomacy. And you're actually losing right now despite your latest success on the battlefield.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1113 on: November 07, 2016, 04:53:40 am »

We're losing? How so?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Andrew Calinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 07, 2016, 04:54:03 am »

Hey. One of my scouts with no soldiers was attacked by an enemy noble with 1 soldier. My guy killed the soldier, wounded the other noble and won the battle unharmed.
Code-delving and Weaver's school of combat has told me that the only unit which comes anywhere near the combat effectiveness of a First One is another First one or a broadsword/plate/warhorse with 5k+ xp. (The XP may be exaggerated here, though. I can't recall the exact figure off the top of my head)
However, since most battles involve 2 or more first ones, this is mostly a moot point. With one soldier, the rolls were ever so slightly in his favor, but it was still close enough to a 50/50 chance.

I just looked at this to check, First Ones are set to have 1k experience every battle. The only thing it effects is your ability to hit or not get hit in melee. Might be something I change in the future.

It, in no way, makes first ones all powerful, but it does make them significantly harder to hit and more likely to hit. Ranged fire does not, to my understanding, have any effect based on experience.

As for the equipment, it's a sword actually, not a broadsword (which is odd), but that is something that is already on the todo list for future updates: no more starting with high end equipment.

Would I give you this advice if I were, you dummy?
Some neighbouring realms have strong Idraei lobbies and you never even sent an envoy anywhere. Everyone else believes you are the bad guys and dozens of knights are just waiting for their lieges to allow them go kick your ass. Some wiser lords are still concerned that Idraei might not be entirely truthful about their dire situation, but once they see you steamrolling through Idraei territory, you're screwed.
This is not just a war game, you need to think about global politics or you will lose bitterly and complain about old players, cliques, gang ups and other crap afterwards.

As the ruler of a neighboring realm, this. So much of this. Although, it has been refreshing to see people play their characters as separate characters.

I would love to hear about border conflicts actually staying as a border conflict though. It'd be beautiful to see neighbors just fight without involving their 18 allies on either side.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 07, 2016, 04:59:37 am »

We're losing? How so?
Dude. Try reading my previous posts again and connect the dots.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1116 on: November 07, 2016, 05:01:43 am »

As I said, envoys are en route to other realms, but that takes travel time, and I'm not waiting while Halfhaven takes fortified settlements behind our lines. We haven't actually pushed into anything other than Yoka and what was originally ours. We've launched no dedicated offensive yet.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 07, 2016, 05:02:59 am »

That was a bit of the problem when I played - All the old, established nations were settled into a web of opposing alliances, which tended to force everything into peacefulness because any hostility kicks off World War 1.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 07, 2016, 05:09:23 am »

Except that there were wars happening all the time on a local scale with only occasional outbreaks of global hostilities.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 07, 2016, 05:38:40 am »

That's the thing, I don't think we should take anything further west than what we have held now. We should also spin stuff off (the southern bit of Yoka) to other nations such as Suarilas. The area east of the lake should also become a separate nation. Basically we don't want Falconreach to think we're encircling them on three sides, that would be bad. We should probably in fact split into three autonomous nations with their own foreign policy.

Although if you look at the current map: there are basically no settlements now claimed as RASTOA which weren't RASTOA to start with, while there are still settlements which Yoka took from us when they invaded. But I guess the details would be lost on someone who wasn't paying attention though.

I think we should go no further west or south than Kaeranant as the absolute limit. Anything south of that as independent (e.g. Suarilos), anything west leave as Idraei. Rastoa can have some of the western Cacame lands if you want. I want to get Cacame to exactly 12 settlements, so I need to lose a couple. Give Wenwickham, Rastade and Daisaims to one of your new knights.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:04:44 am by Reelya »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 07, 2016, 06:14:50 am »

Heyo. Finally figured out my B12 password. How's everyone?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1121 on: November 07, 2016, 06:19:48 am »

Great. You may wanna give this a title change, tho. Not exactly new anymore!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 07, 2016, 06:30:07 am »

Another thing to note, is that none of RASTOA's Sanaya Eltor's current towns were hers before the war. She was further west. Idraei conquered every one of her towns, and she just took that shit, constantly falling back. I think they did this to her for many 4+ towns in a row, she was much further east when I got down there.

Eventually however, there was no space to fall back to. And that was when I basically said to them, enough is enough, you stop there. I didn't demand our lands they'd only just stolen back or anything, just to leave enough space for the current players. But apparently that was crossing the line.

So fuck those guys, I hope their king dies now because of this.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:34:44 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1123 on: November 07, 2016, 06:31:17 am »

You're Sanaya?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 07, 2016, 06:35:43 am »

No she was there when I started playing as Cacame, but further west. All that's Idraei land now. Then when I was nearby, I noticed them gobble up a couple of her towns in a row. That was when she ended up with Soborny, which was unoccupied land up until that point. So they conquered at least three towns off Sanaya right before this stated, and we let that slide. That's when they took a town off me, and I didn't let that slide, I send a guy to reclaim it.

Sanaya could probably go into more detail, but they must have been stealing her land for frikking weeks from what I could tell, and each time she just claimed more slumbering towns further away from Idraei, yet they kept coming until there was basically no space left to retreat. So screw those guys.

They have slumbering towns IN Idraei, yet they're not reclaiming those. They're using paid accounts to completely squeeze out other players from the border of their nation. That's dick move territory.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:46:32 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 96