Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136536 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1080 on: November 05, 2016, 02:44:34 am »

The heavies have between 18 and 41 xp, with the majority being closer to 41. So not the most experienced, but they're past the 'new to war' barrier.

Lu Bei is currently prince of Asitet, however he's currently sailing to his father's aid.

And no, most-if-not-all traits are currently for RP-purposes only.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1081 on: November 05, 2016, 02:59:10 am »

Ah, I see. I'm currently working, but this evening I'll actually get in touch with vassals and former vassals.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 05, 2016, 03:10:23 am »

The ability to select multiple in-training peasants on the manage militia to cancel their training sure would be handy. >.>
Edit: How do you make javelins, exactly? Apparently they're pretty useful.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:14:35 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 05, 2016, 04:28:29 am »

What's the max experience a soldier can have?

Operation: Reassemble Asitet is going okay. Coleslaw, do you know if there are any remaining anythings actually part of Asitet Anoth? If not, I'm going to have to ask someone with a paid account to help me reform it.

Not as far as I know.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 05, 2016, 05:08:08 am »

Experience per se is not capped. You can have a soldier with 5000 xp.

The effects of experience is capped. No amount of experience can make your soldier more than about twice as powerful as he'd be with 0 experience. It also doesn't work linearily. Early XP is worth a lot, then decreasingly so.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 05, 2016, 05:16:14 am »

Experience per se is not capped. You can have a soldier with 5000 xp.

The effects of experience is capped. No amount of experience can make your soldier more than about twice as powerful as he'd be with 0 experience. It also doesn't work linearily. Early XP is worth a lot, then decreasingly so.

Interesting. Thank you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1086 on: November 05, 2016, 05:26:54 am »

The ability to select multiple in-training peasants on the manage militia to cancel their training sure would be handy. >.>
Edit: How do you make javelins, exactly? Apparently they're pretty useful.

You need a weaponsmith, which implies 1000 population and a metal supply, although the latter is optional. Javelins are really not that amazing without a metal supply. Shields are excellent, all your soldiers should have them.

IIRC, you'll only start getting mileage out of high end equipment like broadswords with soldiers above 100.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 05, 2016, 09:42:26 am »

I might be interested in getting into this.  Haven't played since the open alpha/beta back in the day.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 05, 2016, 09:55:59 am »

Hey are you interested in making some characters for the war? I have tons of troops sitting in this city, basically I'd give you two divisions of 60 men each, you'd then go west and work behind the frontline armies conquering smaller cities and mopping up / blocking enemies. We have a few big armies, but I need more people to mobilize and take out the small stuff we passed by. After the war, we'd work out who exactly owns which cities etc. (usually people want a clump of cities to make visiting them more efficient).

It'd be more fun than the usual "claim a town then wait 2 weeks while you produce troops" start. (although if you take the troops then decide the game's not for you, plz let me know and deposit the troops in a nearby friendly city).

PM me if interested for the details.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:02:27 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 05, 2016, 02:12:43 pm »

Sorry for the double-post but the Saga of Brogus carries on even after the death of the clan.

The barbarian Brogus founded an empire with nothing but a rusty spoon, conquering two cities. Brogus had three children, sons Crogus and Drogus, and daughter Frogus. Frogus fell in battle, Drogus died of disease, but Crogus conquered a third city, and within a day 40 militia were created there. He then took the militia and forced his way into a nearby walled city. While he was taking control of the city, a bandit heavy cavalry unit turned up, but somehow didn't attack. Eventually an enemy knight turned up with 50 longbows, and attacked Crogus' army of 34 remaining infantry. Crogus was killed in battle.

But the interesting thing is the aftermath which I'm looking at now perplexed. The enemy archers are fighting against the bandit heavy cavalry. The Saga gets weirder. Exactly who are these bandits, why did they turn up right during the war and why are they fighting the archers when they neither fought nor helped me? I want to get a scout down there to find out. 50 longbows vs ~6 heavy cav should actually be a good fight.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:09:05 pm by Reelya »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 05, 2016, 06:05:38 pm »

Hello. I started playing this game recently so I thought I would say hi.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 05, 2016, 11:54:40 pm »

Edit: Wait, never mind. Not sure if I should discuss such things in here.

Hello. I started playing this game recently so I thought I would say hi.
Hi!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 06, 2016, 06:15:24 am »

Hey. One of my scouts with no soldiers was attacked by an enemy noble with 1 soldier. My guy killed the soldier, wounded the other noble and won the battle unharmed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1093 on: November 06, 2016, 06:29:18 am »

Hey. One of my scouts with no soldiers was attacked by an enemy noble with 1 soldier. My guy killed the soldier, wounded the other noble and won the battle unharmed.
Code-delving and Weaver's school of combat has told me that the only unit which comes anywhere near the combat effectiveness of a First One is another First one or a broadsword/plate/warhorse with 5k+ xp. (The XP may be exaggerated here, though. I can't recall the exact figure off the top of my head)
However, since most battles involve 2 or more first ones, this is mostly a moot point. With one soldier, the rolls were ever so slightly in his favor, but it was still close enough to a 50/50 chance.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 06, 2016, 06:35:05 am »

Yeah, that makes it clear it's not the other Weaver. Weaver in the other game I played was the type to deliberately withhold information from newbies, not the type who wrote tutes.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 96