Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136579 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1020 on: November 02, 2016, 06:00:42 pm »

Oh well, things have worked out in the end, I had already placed an assist (or whatever it's called) action so once my ally arrived and attacked I entered the battle as well. Oh gosh! My first battle! It's 5% through so far. How exciting! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 02, 2016, 08:56:57 pm »

It has nothing to do with supplies, nor does supply really affect much of anything, other than your soldiers not starving. New characters cannot initiate battles, block or similar things because it can be abused.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 03, 2016, 12:43:42 am »

Welp, my character Anna wiped out a lot of Yokan forces, enough for the enemy noble to send her an angry message spilling details about their total forces and (OOC) what other characters he plays. Anna's facing his main force with a weakened force now, so her army is done, but it did it's job: 312 light/med infantry with zero experience have held up over 350 enemy troops, rendering at least 200 of them unfit for battle.

Taka Francis has now threatened to invade Lowlands with his Ascalon characters, to spite them for helping Armok against his Idraei characters.

I think it would be good fun to try and work out exactly who that could be. What I know about Taka Francis is that he spawns a lot of knights for throwaway attacks, with 2-syllable first names, but seems like he can't really be bothered with surnames, so they're a 2-3 letter keyboard mash. Like Haunter Lpo and Reuven Ka. That sort of thing. He also seems to like the double-vowel thing in the first name. It seems like naming sense could be a giveaway here.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:46:16 am by Reelya »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 03, 2016, 05:40:53 am »

I'd like to see some conflict right now since all I'm doing is sitting here in what was Asitet Anoth doing absolutely nothing. However, I've already taken 3 cities for both my characters and I don't think I want to pay for a premium account, so there's not much I could do in terms of taking land.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1024 on: November 03, 2016, 05:45:09 am »

Reelya mind taking a pic of that battle report? Sounds awesome. Shame that the other player was playing-to-win and not looking for the story-side aspect of the game.

Also, any experienced troops will be invaluable later in the campaign. If you withdraw them to Reweston, Lu Bu has enough chainmail there to outfit 70 soldiers with it. Also I've given mobilisation/recruitment/construction/enter perms to all lowlands and Children of Armok characters for Fotthorfeb and Taitharoux. Reweston remains Lu Bu's pride and joy. He's also going to want Infantry fields renamed to Hu Lao Gate.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1025 on: November 03, 2016, 06:00:36 am »

I'd like to see some conflict right now since all I'm doing is sitting here in what was Asitet Anoth doing absolutely nothing. However, I've already taken 3 cities for both my characters and I don't think I want to pay for a premium account, so there's not much I could do in terms of taking land.

Get vassals, give them land. It was the entire way I built Asitet Anoth, back in the day. Most of my characters didn't have more than two estates at a time, and I only had one character in Asitet.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 03, 2016, 06:13:38 am »

Kort wouldn't mind if you settled in western Tor Kortaur. there's a ton of room that needs settling there.

But you know run into a Lowlander then pledge before taking over.

Here's the battle report
http://imgur.com/a/0C67c

After the battle the other guy sent me OOC threats to get me banned from the game because I made that joke character Brogus who thinks he's an emperor. He also threatened us with sending his Ascalonian puppets to wreak shit on Lowlands. This is that Yoka guy, taka Francis btw, not Halfhaven. But I'm sure there are more than a few b12ers who have both Ascalon and Lowland characters so that will be interesting.

Here's the thing, I have a paid account and could set up your characters with some extra town permissions so you can be a regent over my eastern area. Are you Cole Griner / Miscay by an chance?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:23:26 am by Reelya »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 03, 2016, 06:22:41 am »

Also, any experienced troops will be invaluable later in the campaign. If you withdraw them to Reweston, Lu Bu has enough chainmail there to outfit 70 soldiers with it. Also I've given mobilisation/recruitment/construction/enter perms to all lowlands and Children of Armok characters for Fotthorfeb and Taitharoux. Reweston remains Lu Bu's pride and joy. He's also going to want Infantry fields renamed to Hu Lao Gate.

I'll gather some of my most elite soldiers. I don't necessarily have many who are particularly skilled, but I'll gather what I can.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1028 on: November 03, 2016, 09:18:38 am »

Aaah, screw it, I'll pick this game back up. Coleslaw, Peran owes you more than one. I see you saved her slumberblighted posterior at least once, and you seem to have been holding some territory.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 03, 2016, 09:21:12 am »

Coleslaw, Peran owes you more than one. I see you saved her slumberblighted posterior at least once

I wouldn't say that. :P

Really, nothing much as happened here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 03, 2016, 02:04:04 pm »

Arx, Imma PM you with some situation info

BTW armok kingdom is pretty close to being wiped unless we get reinforcements pretty soon. Hope some other people join the battle real soon or this thing is fubar.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:48:42 pm by Reelya »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 03, 2016, 02:59:19 pm »

So then, as a completely new player looking to get started, is plopping myself down somewhere in Children of Armok a great or terrible idea? There aren't any active fealty offers, so I'm just stuck staring at the map.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 03, 2016, 03:04:07 pm »

i'm pm you some location details, asap

hold tight for now, as if you plonk down in the wrong place you can waste days hooking up with the right people

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1033 on: November 03, 2016, 03:21:04 pm »

If you drop in at Brekka (currently independent), you can meet up with Peran, the queen of the somewhat fallen Asitet. Spicy action more or less guaranteed at this point, I think.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 03, 2016, 03:24:19 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. Getting started is always the tricky part with these games.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 96