Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136698 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #825 on: March 09, 2016, 06:40:51 am »

Or I could send an envoy to Rathgar offering food for metal. Now I know I don't really need much, I can live with a little, but I do want my soldiers to have quite a few javelins in a timely manner. Also helps with building speeds.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 09, 2016, 07:19:01 am »

It works fine up until the point you run into someone like Hawks that has metal oozing out of their pores and can drown you in heavy infantry and heavy cavalry, while the best you can manage is basic medium infantry.
I am sorry, but it looks like you are an unexperienced player and simply do not understand how warfare actually works in M&F.
Quite recently Ascalon had a major conflict with Hawks and House Markson alone managed to do so much damage to Hawks' host in Magvel they were forced to retreat. And House Markson has zero metal and mostly fields large hosts of medium infantry and archers.

This may in fact seem even less attractive to many players, but in M&F heavy troops don't win you wars, good strategic thinking and a lot of online time do.

Hawks are well known for their ability to coordinate and dedicated online time, to the point where I've seen multiple independent accusations of account sharing to explain for it. However, it you end up in a 1:1 battle, and the other guy has the same amount of heavy infantry as you have medium infantry, you will lose, period. The fact that the Hawks are such dedicated players means that the chances of getting a fight at anything better then 1:1 are pretty low.

Mercenaries can also give a decisive advantage as they can come in some insane combinations (broadsword + plate + warhorse), but your window of opportunity is very narrow to use them, as players will happily drown you in throw away characters to drain your gold and force them to desert.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 09, 2016, 12:25:07 pm »

If someone doesn't mind informing me, how big of an army is 500 soldiers, and how could an independent noble get that many troops? How big of a settlement is needed to produce scale armor, or horses, or javelins? I'm just wondering how Gwenys Flambard got so many men together and reasonably equipped, and realize I don't quite understand the scale of the game.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #828 on: March 09, 2016, 02:20:54 pm »

If someone doesn't mind informing me, how big of an army is 500 soldiers, and how could an independent noble get that many troops? How big of a settlement is needed to produce scale armor, or horses, or javelins? I'm just wondering how Gwenys Flambard got so many men together and reasonably equipped, and realize I don't quite understand the scale of the game.

500 hundred soldiers is decent, but when big realms clash you see much larger quantities thrown around. At one point I think Beal's Song in Eldamar alone fielded thousands, but they'd been hoarding for a while.

You need 900 pop and up to produce scale and chain armour, and somewhat less for decent weapons.

As for how Gwenys got that many soldiers, that is a very, very long story pretty tightly interwoven with the history of the Black Road. Ultimately, though, those are mostly pulled together from Caspian Flambard, the duke of Misthelm in Ascalon, and Artos Flambard, a minor Magvellian noble.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #829 on: March 09, 2016, 02:54:41 pm »

Hey, one of my secondary characters is a knight of Caspian! Didn't know about that tidbit.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 09, 2016, 09:46:44 pm »

Got your message Insanegame27! But it seems like the guy I was supposed to transfer it to got impatient and attacked o_O
So...uh, peace to whoever did that who may be from B12. It would've been a TON better if you PM'd me. Before you attacked.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #831 on: March 09, 2016, 10:15:37 pm »

Are you coming back to the game or are you staying away?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 10, 2016, 12:46:22 am »

Hey I still have 4 spare provinces going to whoever is in the vicinity of the northwest. PM me if interested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 10, 2016, 02:59:52 am »

Are you coming back to the game or are you staying away?
Staying away for now :-\ Bad internet connection.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 17, 2016, 01:01:44 pm »

How many people are still playing this? Is there a realm of some sort where Bay Watchers are gathering?

I just heard about this game today and it is seriously scratching an itch that hasn't been touched since I left Battlemaster.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 17, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »

Children of Armok realm is still alive and kicking, but I'm in Ascalon, taking it really easy.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #836 on: March 17, 2016, 01:55:05 pm »

How many people are still playing this? Is there a realm of some sort where Bay Watchers are gathering?

I just heard about this game today and it is seriously scratching an itch that hasn't been touched since I left Battlemaster.

I've got some land for you if you join Asitet Anoth. I'm not so sure on the Children proper, but I think Insanegame has a space open.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #837 on: March 17, 2016, 02:34:13 pm »

I have spaces upon spaces in RASTOA

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 17, 2016, 02:41:46 pm »

Agh, why are you guys all split up? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #839 on: March 17, 2016, 02:53:45 pm »

Agh, why are you guys all split up? :P

* Arx vague hand waggles.

I mean, Asitet Anoth is nominally independent but in practice I rule both it and the Children. The empire is just too huge for me to have the time to keep up with properly right now, though, so I go with broad strokes.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 96