Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136764 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #735 on: February 08, 2016, 09:08:27 am »

How exactly do I get camp followers to resupply their stocks from a town?

Apparently, I just don't have supply permissions, never mind then.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:10:45 am by coleslaw35 »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 08, 2016, 03:57:24 pm »

So, my liege told me a specific lands were mine to claim. Do I then attack the settlement to force my way in, and then start claiming it?
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 08, 2016, 04:04:17 pm »

Oh joy. What a lovely predicament I found myself in. This does not bode well at towards me remaining independent for much longer. Such a shame to. Managed to hold onto my lands for close to three months now.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 09, 2016, 04:58:31 am »

Learning lately thanks to the mailing system that your character cannot die partly nudges the efficacy in my playstyle too :-\ I mean I pretty much love the idea behind the game and that's what drew me in, but...you can't die, other than choose to be killed, and that nudges my playing viewpoint when considering the growth of a playerbase (and how dynamic stuff can be).
Wait what?
Sure, First Ones don't die from old age, but they can well be killed in battle or captured and executed.
So, my liege told me a specific lands were mine to claim. Do I then attack the settlement to force my way in, and then start claiming it?
If the village is fortified and guarded, you will have to fight your way in.
Otherwise just start a takeover normally.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 09, 2016, 05:03:16 am »

Oh joy. What a lovely predicament I found myself in. This does not bode well at towards me remaining independent for much longer. Such a shame to. Managed to hold onto my lands for close to three months now.
This is not a game where you want to play an independent lord of a small realm.
Firstly, it's simply a matter of time until you step on someone's toes and get squashed.
Secondly, you're robbing yourself of many experiences that actually make this game fun. E.g. feudal relations, global diplomacy, big wars, high-end troops, etc.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #740 on: February 09, 2016, 05:36:42 am »

Equally, though, there's a lot to playing a small realm that you don't get in a large one. Local politics, trying not to bother anyone, husbanding your resources to get the most use out...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 09, 2016, 09:56:19 am »

There's not much to politics when you have no vassals and are in turn not answerable to anyone.
Shuffling resources around gets old pretty soon.
It's a multiplayer game so get the most of interacting with others.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #742 on: February 09, 2016, 09:59:32 am »

There's not much to politics when you have no vassals and are in turn not answerable to anyone.

Your neighbours, mainly.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #743 on: February 09, 2016, 02:12:33 pm »

As a bandit, I 'surrendered' and requested a trial by equal combat with 5 soldiers each. Now I have a locally important noble as my prisoner and 3 men, 2 of which are spear/scale/warhorse, the other one being crossbow/plate.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 09, 2016, 02:17:24 pm »

So, what next?  Demand more troops for the release of the noble... then go raid something?  You've got some sort of plan ya bandit?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #745 on: February 09, 2016, 02:23:09 pm »

If I asked for more troops they would have just reclaimed them and killed me, So I ran out of the trial and will burn him alive if anyone follows me (I already burned him, but shhhh)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 10, 2016, 05:38:52 pm »

My Dwarven brothers and Sister... It has been too long. I wish to lay my beard before the altar of the ArmOK.

May thy cat harvests be numerous and your boats be never murdered,

Vek Ovrak

This game looks neat and I miss the DF Community so I would like to throw in with you guys if that is possible. I think I will just start making my way towards the Tear of ArmOK and hope one of you will take pity on a fellow dwarf.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 10, 2016, 06:19:18 pm »

I have landed in Mestthos Imketh and sent a message to Cognizine Tarzarth, First Daughter of Armok. I imagine that not a lot will happen today.

What time zones do most people play?

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 10, 2016, 07:49:31 pm »

I have landed in Mestthos Imketh and sent a message to Cognizine Tarzarth, First Daughter of Armok. I imagine that not a lot will happen today.

What time zones do most people play?

Cognizine fell to slumberblight (basically means the character hasn't been played in a while) either yesterday or today. I don't really know what's going on for now, but hopefully they'll come back on to accept your vassalage. If not, I'm sure Peran Thelassan, the princess of Asitet Anoth, would be willing to accept your offer of fealty. Asitet Anoth has very close ties with the Children of Armok, with the two being mutual allies as far as I know. It's no big deal if you'd rather join up with the Children of Armok, I'm just throwing some options out there that you can look into if you'd wish.

As far as time zones, mine is EST.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 10, 2016, 07:58:50 pm »

Perhaps I will move to another town then. If it appears that character is not very active. Any recommendations on another town to call home? Also how to find it :P
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 96