Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136660 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #465 on: November 26, 2015, 05:19:39 pm »

PRECISELY.

You can only rule 3 directly.. Doesn't stop you from having 30 vassals under you with 3+ each. ;) This should also push you to keep only the best, highest-population estates for yourself, and disperse the rest among your loyal followers.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 27, 2015, 05:28:22 am »

Getting a bit bored of the game. How long does it take to build an estate up to decent size, and what do you do next?

Also it's tedious to wait to meet up with people to do certain things. No wonder they give you so many characters. I suppose Urist will be sitting on his throne and waiting for the others to come to him to pass on estates and such.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:30:04 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 27, 2015, 05:40:50 am »

It's definitely a long-term game. starting from scratch, I'm guessing it's a matter of months to get an estate properly built up (which is why people can be assholes to new players, if you have a troll show up and thoroughly wreck the estate you gave to them.)

On the other hand, it's also a low to very low time commitment game. Outside of political dealings with other players, you only need a few minutes each day to set orders and move your character towards the next settlement needing attention.

*edit* Huh, I mildly insulted one of Tom's decisions (the militia now causes security to fall if there's too much of it) in a realm he's a part of. Oops. I have to say, his idea of roleplay is... bad.

For anyone dealing with it, Militia above 10% of the population causes the security to fall to low, and I think ~15% causes it to go back to struggling.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:27:28 am by Hanzoku »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 27, 2015, 02:55:02 pm »

^ I'd also like to point out that may be even further insult.  Try using more diplomatic words.

Interesting change designed to lower standing army size... but... considering that some folks like to store trained troops... which ain't a small task in itself, meh.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #469 on: November 27, 2015, 06:06:23 pm »

Why would more militia mean less security?

Revolution

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 27, 2015, 06:43:15 pm »

Why would more militia mean less security?

civil unrest?

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 27, 2015, 10:13:19 pm »

No soldiers means your settlements are the far west. Too many soldiers in the middle ages usually meant you got lots of raping, looting, killing and general fighting.

I love the update. As new players you'll see it will be much easier to match the old players once that they are no longer able to hold 300 heavy troops per settlement.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 28, 2015, 12:27:43 am »

^ I'd also like to point out that may be even further insult.  Try using more diplomatic words.

Interesting change designed to lower standing army size... but... considering that some folks like to store trained troops... which ain't a small task in itself, meh.

Eh, if he wants to ban me over my opinion, he's perfectly free to do so, I'd laugh, let everyone know it happened and then move on with my life.

I don't know, it might provide everyone the impetus needed to get stuck into a war. (Use them before you have to lose them) But it feels a bit heavy handed.

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 28, 2015, 01:43:06 pm »

Eh, if he wants to ban me over my opinion, he's perfectly free to do so, I'd laugh, let everyone know it happened and then move on with my life.

That doesn't sound like Tom, unless you mean IC ban of his realm by one of his characters.

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 29, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »

I've got a bandit with 65 troops near "Children of Armok" territory. I won't attack you guys, but please let me know if you want me to target any settlements with this guy. I could soften them up before you conquer them. He is currently in the northeast border of Armok and Rathgar, and his name is Arsene.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 29, 2015, 08:31:19 pm »

^ Thats... Probably against the spirit of the game, OOC coordination and all.  (Outside groups joining en masse, then using OOC reasons and out-of-game communication to cooperate.  How can players be trusted in other realms if the rest of the population thinks we have a higher OOC loyalty?)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #476 on: November 29, 2015, 08:33:57 pm »

Roleplay it as the banished son of one of our nobles who seeks to redeem his honor by striking at our enemies or something and it should be fine.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 02, 2015, 01:41:32 am »

You welcome to hit either Tartarus, our rich douchey enemies, or magvel down south, who are arguably the richest around here. Or whoever, really.

In other news, Mountainhome - capitol of the Children of Armok - can now produce medium infantry! Yeahhhh!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:27 am »

The Children of Armok have basically just rabble. Even light infantry is good. You bandits would strike down a mob of naked peasants now would you? Bandits can't actually go very far, so there's really only a few non Armok targets in that region.

BTW I set up a knight offer but nobody seems to be taking it up. It comes with land. I have too much land seriously.

Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2015, 11:02:13 am »

BTW I set up a knight offer but nobody seems to be taking it up. It comes with land. I have too much land seriously.

I was really glad when Forsaken took my offer, I'd been trying to hand off that estate for about a week at that point. Patience, grasshopper. Also bear in mind that they just see the number of soldiers, not that it comes with land, so they might be skimming past to the others.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 96