Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136607 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #390 on: November 18, 2015, 10:48:10 am »

F**k Harwick. Im the King of the Children and he does NOT have me backing him up. He's an idiot noob who keeps stealing my settlements. I guess we already know who we're attacking first... Screw 'em good, sons of Armok!

In good news, I'll have two troop recruitment centers up soon. Turn all those rabble into equipped infantry very soon.

Also, if you want your own realm, I can make it for you as soon as you join me. Just tell me what regions should be in it and its a 1-2-3 process that takes like 30 seconds. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 18, 2015, 10:49:34 am »

Careful with Reair. He's been known to be a rebellious traitor - TWICE in recent times in realms I play in. He's a pain, but fun to RP with.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #392 on: November 18, 2015, 10:57:33 am »

I've moved to Jeutaitor, for the record, to hopefully work something out with Tor Graves.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #393 on: November 18, 2015, 10:57:41 am »

ptw, messing around with this game a bit.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #394 on: November 18, 2015, 12:23:20 pm »

ptw, messing around with this game a bit.

Would you happen to be Lamdur Delerongu? If so, apologies for the rough start. It's a jungle out there.

I suggest setting up a couple of characters in stable realms elsewhere. It's a lot less chaotic.

I have no idea how much my experience is biased by the fact that I'm trying to manage three official vassals, two odd ones, and a bunch of diplomatic stuff though. :P
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:25:46 pm by Arx »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #395 on: November 18, 2015, 01:14:44 pm »

Yep, that's me. No worries.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 18, 2015, 09:36:59 pm »

I started out in a 'stable' realm. It wasn't any less chaotic.

My liege sent me off to establish communications with distant people, then when I returned, he gave me a plot of land and went inactive. A day later some surprise war hit with like 50-150 heavily armed units coming in and fucking up the whole realm. Apparently those huge foreign armies were not a normal thing and I should have told someone when I spotted them. Idk if this is a common experience.

I think The Children of Armok attracts the explorer types who want to forth and discover new things, whereas the well-established realms attract a lot of PK types.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 19, 2015, 02:43:25 am »

So how's this for a bug? I enter an independent settlement, pick up the militia and start my takeover. About two hours before that finishes, another character enters the settlement and starts HIS takeover. I finish, and due to bugs, I can neither talk to him to tell him to leave my settlement alone, or attack him to try to force the issue. Despite both of us being in the settlement, I'm told there are 'no nobles in range'.

Soooo... due to Tom's poor coding, I guess all I can do is pick up the militia again and find someplace else. I certainly can't stop him from taking what he wants. I could sit here and wait until he takes it, then launch a counter takeover and keep squabbling like that, but overall I find this pretty poor.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #398 on: November 19, 2015, 02:45:13 am »

Could you leave and pop back in again immediately? Might help, and won't take that long.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 19, 2015, 02:49:11 am »

Well the problem is, if I leave the settlement, I'd have to attack it to get inside again. The best I can do is pick up the militia, switch from opposing to supporting his claim and hope he leaves the settlement before taking it over again and hoping I manage to finish before he gets back inside again.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #400 on: November 19, 2015, 02:52:20 am »

Did you not gain control of the setllement?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 19, 2015, 03:04:41 am »

I did, but he entered the settlement before I was done, and started his own claim. He's now inside the walls and there's not one thing you can do in this game to force a noble out of your town once he's inside.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #402 on: November 19, 2015, 03:09:59 am »

But if you currently control the settlement, can't you nip out, nip back in again before he establishes control, and then initiate battle or conversation?

Does anyone know offhand how the scaling for battle size and time works? I know everything about it stated in the manual, and a little bit from playing a bandit with a hundred or so soldiers, but that's not much.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 19, 2015, 04:11:06 am »

Ah, in that sense. I don't think that matters, honestly. I think there's a problem in the code when dealing with two independent nobles as opposed to ones that belong to realms.

Andrew Calinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 19, 2015, 05:30:48 am »

So how's this for a bug? I enter an independent settlement, pick up the militia and start my takeover. About two hours before that finishes, another character enters the settlement and starts HIS takeover. I finish, and due to bugs, I can neither talk to him to tell him to leave my settlement alone, or attack him to try to force the issue. Despite both of us being in the settlement, I'm told there are 'no nobles in range'.

Soooo... due to Tom's poor coding, I guess all I can do is pick up the militia again and find someplace else. I certainly can't stop him from taking what he wants. I could sit here and wait until he takes it, then launch a counter takeover and keep squabbling like that, but overall I find this pretty poor.

If you're over 100m apart, you can't contact them without a herald. If you are closer than that, please report this as a bug, with as many details as you can.

Does anyone know offhand how the scaling for battle size and time works? I know everything about it stated in the manual, and a little bit from playing a bandit with a hundred or so soldiers, but that's not much.

Tom remains really quiet about this, for fear of people using it to strategically time things. I know about as much as you. I'm not as analytical as some players, so a couple of the other older players might know more, but I have my doubts.

I've been playing for a few months, and Ehndras a little bit less than me. Now Calinus has been around for years, since the game opened I think, and is the host of the game's wiki. I must concede the seniority to him without a second thought. Take his word over mine.

Before. You seem to have a pretty good handle on things though, and I think we're around at different times, so it's all good.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 96