Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136587 times)

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #330 on: November 14, 2015, 10:38:55 am »

EDIT: I settled on 200 farmers, which gives me about 30 free workers less than ~50 workers, which is the optimum, but I decided starving an extra 120 people wasn't worth freeing up 30 extra labour. I'm kinda hoping that developing the province makes it worthwhile to have a bigger population in a production sense.

There's an issue with only having 200 farmers: buildings have minimum population requirements. 200 for mills, 400 for markets, 1200 for fairgrounds, 500 for fishery (if on a coast), 200 for irrigation ditches (if on a river). All of them increase food production.

Note: those are the requirements to build them, but to keep them without the buildings being abandoned you just need half of those populations, so at 600 you should be able to keep all improvements and whatnot.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 14, 2015, 10:43:59 am »

Well, no, because 50 farmers already gives me 437 pop support. 200 farmers only takes that up to about 558 or so. If I wanted to get all those things except for fairgrounds, I'd actually be better off decreasing the number of farmers from 200 down to about 125. 129 farmers still gave me a total food production of 506, which is enough for ALL of those food production buildings than having the 200 farmer is, and you get more excess labour as a bonus. And with my current population levels, 1200 is impossible anyway, so I could easily leave the fairgrounds for later.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:58:21 am by Reelya »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 14, 2015, 10:56:22 am »

I don't agree. If we don't make claims now, we'll have no basis for claims later. Holding onto extra provinces now can be used as bargaining chips later. If we let everyone else cover the map, then there's no Armok to be created.

The bigger you are, the bigger the threat you are. A huge army of rabble armed with teeth and fluffy wamblers isn't going to fight off the well established powers. And if you have a really big blob of land, you'll have a bigger border to defend. There are people afraid of our size and those who are jealous that we took too much.

I don't know whether I should just announce what's going on, because the communication flaws are game mechanics for a reason. Then again they let us play dozens of characters, so the meta knowledge is already there. The OOC info barrier has been one of the most frustrating things about the game IMO and why I quit playing last time.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 14, 2015, 10:59:45 am »

Well, spawn some other independent groups around the periphery. That's always a good strategy.

going off the info about food production buildings, I'm thinking 120 farmers / 500 pop would be a very efficient level that still lets me build almost all the food production buildings. Actually, as the food production becomes more efficient, I'd actually drop the number of farmers down further and maintain 500 population, at least until the break-even point goes above that. Of course, this is the calibration for my current province only and others would have to do the math for their own.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:04:08 am by Reelya »

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 14, 2015, 11:51:39 am »

The bigger you are, the bigger the threat you are. A huge army of rabble armed with teeth and fluffy wamblers isn't going to fight off the well established powers. And if you have a really big blob of land, you'll have a bigger border to defend. There are people afraid of our size and those who are jealous that we took too much.

I don't know whether I should just announce what's going on, because the communication flaws are game mechanics for a reason. Then again they let us play dozens of characters, so the meta knowledge is already there. The OOC info barrier has been one of the most frustrating things about the game IMO and why I quit playing last time.

If you believe some things are being done unfairly OoC-wise, use the game's forum.

As a player I much welcome the Sons of Armok concept, and will have a character or two offer to help you out once they find about you. My characters, though, are mostly unaware of you, other than you exist (as the map is common knowledge).

I know for a fact, OoCly, that you are engaged in at least two territorial conflicts: one which Tartarus started against your settlers (or against some local settlers), and another with a smaller new clan from a new player (Tor Graves) which was started by members of your own realm.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 14, 2015, 12:49:34 pm »

If you believe some things are being done unfairly OoC-wise, use the game's forum.

[...]

I know for a fact, OoCly, that you are engaged in at least two territorial conflicts: one which Tartarus started against your settlers (or against some local settlers), and another with a smaller new clan from a new player (Tor Graves) which was started by members of your own realm.

Interesting, my OoC knowledge about the Tor Graves thing puts it the other way around.

Though thats why i dislike people dragging stuff like this onto the forums. There's a minority of people who, for some reason feel personally offended when something doesn't line up with what they believe to be the OoC truth, and the whole thing just turns into rounds of mudslinging and name-calling. Seen it happen on Battlemaster lots of time. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same here.

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 14, 2015, 12:59:41 pm »

Interesting, my OoC knowledge about the Tor Graves thing puts it the other way around.

Though thats why i dislike people dragging stuff like this onto the forums. There's a minority of people who, for some reason feel personally offended when something doesn't line up with what they believe to be the OoC truth, and the whole thing just turns into rounds of mudslinging and name-calling. Seen it happen on Battlemaster lots of time. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same here.

In every game, really.

On Tor Graves, from what I'm told he took independent settlements, some sons of Armok came to him and told him those lands were claimed by them, he attacked them within his own settlement, and there's the conflict.
Each one measures right and wrong in his own way. To me the aggressor is the one that tries to take settlements controlled by someone else, basically, and not the one taking independent ones.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2015, 01:12:24 pm »

Yeah, there's multiple perceptions on every scenario. I just made another character within the actual Children of Armok realm and it turns out that there is a lot of communication going on about this :P

I'll let the full story stay IC. This really does emphasize why I'm not happy with the multiple character thing lol. I actually like that there's miscommunication like this going on, which can lead to a proper scenario with major wars and difficult diplomacy and all.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 14, 2015, 01:22:20 pm »

Yea, miscommunication is good. We'll see how it plays out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #339 on: November 14, 2015, 01:45:37 pm »

Oh, the miscommunication is great. Peran has no idea what's going on. Except that one of her vassals is under attack.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 14, 2015, 07:53:28 pm »

I've been playing the game with just 1-3 men on all my characters. Adventure mode it is :P

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #341 on: November 15, 2015, 04:29:49 am »

I've been playing the game with just 1-3 men on all my characters. Adventure mode it is :P

You might want to up that a bit. Three rabble will do literally nothing for you, as you've noticed. :P

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 15, 2015, 05:02:24 am »

Yeah, I got it up to 6 rabble. It would be easier if everyone didn't keep taking away all the troops. Haha, I underestimated the importance of having a bigger military.

Also how do we join the Children of Armok realm? I can't find any of those interaction buttons anywhere.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #343 on: November 15, 2015, 05:22:54 am »

You'll have to find the ruler in person, wherever he may be.

Whenever I get up to the Tear I can assign you some more troops. I have a fair number right now.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 15, 2015, 05:31:21 am »

You'll have to find the ruler in person, wherever he may be.

And then which button?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 96