Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136541 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #300 on: November 13, 2015, 03:43:12 am »

Sounds good :) Be sure to contact any character you spot, and try to be friendly! Lets let folks get their bearing before we go all Goblin Siege on their asses.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2015, 03:51:44 am »

Speaking of, at the moment I'm on cordial terms with Ascalon and specifically the Duchy of Misthelm. Hopefully we can preserve that cordiality.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2015, 04:09:38 am »

Very good! As the Grand Historian of Ascalon, one of their Counts, and their Black Order representative, my character Maximilian will be sure to preach good relations with them. As will Arrakeshi Septima Thorbrandr and Dominate Senator Silvanus Winterwulf's Ascalonian son, whose currently trying to found an independent satellite realm in the name of Ascalon, along with some other Ascalonians.

Also, in reference to Battlemaster, Might & Fealty creator Tom's other game, I'm officially having a good luck streak in Tom's games tonight!

After 2 hours, you finally find a small undead army.
They are lead by an undead champion, an evil creature with more power and intelligence than the usual lot.
The battle rages, you against the undead. Your blows land true, shattering them to dust left and right.
The champion makes you sweat, he is quite the opponent. But in the end, he is just a pile of bones, too.
Among what is left of the champion, you find treasures worth a total of 2 gold, 4 silver.
You also find a unique item among the loot, the "Black Scimitar of Crushing".
This unique item deserves to have a history and/or legend. Please visit its wiki page and tell the tale of how you came into its possession. Do not forget to immortalise your name and story as its first owner there as well.
We suggest using the following template for convenience, which will set up all categories, semantics, etc. correctly. Simply copy-and-paste it into the edit box, adding the appropriate values where applicable:
{{Infobox Unique Item
|type=Weapon
|discoveredby=Johaan Thorbrandr
|discodate=2015-11-13
|discoregion=Mangai
|island=Dwilight
|prestige=5
|abilities=
|owner=Johaan Thorbrandr
}}

For the remains of the destroyed undead, you also collect 9 silver from the local undead-hunting bounty.
Unfortunately, you are too fatigued to go on hunting undead. Rest and hope they don't go away.

You can also ask other adventurers for support, or rest and come back later. Here is the location data:

Undead group: 6

If you cut & paste the following string into a message, its recipients will get a nice link to use:
[Undead:129:6:54c7e472034c7746ceb9768f2d551e64] (group #6 in Mangai)

You have improved your adventuring skill.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2015, 05:39:25 am »

I've found a nice 1070 pop settlement that I might try to hang onto (although it's still far from the Chidren). Now I just need to offload some of my estates...

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2015, 05:46:02 am »

Sucks that you're far from Urist. When you're done estate-hunting and find yourself near the lake, be sure to swear fealty and officially join the realm. :) I've already set up all the basic threads and even posted some technical info on how to use some of the useful mechanics that make the game less irritating. :)

Also, I just finished writing a wiki page for said artifact. I'm half asleep so apologies and please tell me if I misspelled something. I'm too tired to go back and actually read what I feverishly typed. Screw editing, I'm going to bed.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Black_Scimitar_of_Crushing

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2015, 07:24:10 am »

Sucks that you're far from Urist. When you're done estate-hunting and find yourself near the lake, be sure to swear fealty and officially join the realm. :)

Getting there, don't worry. Just taking the scenic route. :P

The Laws of the Children of Armok are at four and a half pages, and so far it doesn't include anything but criminal law. This is going to be dense to read through, but oh well. Let it not be said that the Children have arbitrary rules depending on how the ruler feels when they get up in the morning.

Edit: they now represent pretty much a full criminal code. No supporting laws, though, so good luck working out who constitutes a 'duly appointed representative'. :P And of course, if something's not mentioned in DF it's much less likely to be in there. It should cover pretty much everything though, since it's written to be quite flexible on most things.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:53:12 am by Arx »

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2015, 08:40:23 am »

Which ones? The ones Ehndras is/was planning?

Yes, those. Is nobody else planning any other concept?

And also, how will the Children of Armok organize themselves? In quite autonomous fortresses/realms or on a more centralized structure? On one faction or on several?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2015, 09:24:11 am »

And also, how will the Children of Armok organize themselves? In quite autonomous fortresses/realms or on a more centralized structure? On one faction or on several?

I'm envisaging largely autonomous duchies comprised of largely autonomous counties, referring back to the Monarch in case of disputes or whatever. I think it'll tend to grow quite organically, though.

Edit: you know, I really need to get to joining the Children so I can communicate better. At four vassals and rising...

Yes, those. Is nobody else planning any other concept?

If I was willing and able to pay for this, I'd be very tempted to start a Black Road cult based off the A Godless World series. Nothing particularly hardcore evil or anything, just a kind of very slightly spooky counter-Rathgar.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:05:27 pm by Arx »

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2015, 02:11:15 pm »

If I was willing and able to pay for this, I'd be very tempted to start a Black Road cult based off the A Godless World series. Nothing particularly hardcore evil or anything, just a kind of very slightly spooky counter-Rathgar.

Can't spare one character for it? What would the cult be about (I haven't read those books)? I'd be quite interesting in a well-formed religion with more than one character.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2015, 02:17:28 pm »

I'd have to kill off Mirran from the Void. I'm on a casual subscription right now.

What would the cult be about

In the books, the Gods have left the world - it's very, very similar to the M&F lore, but the Gods have left completely. The cult worships basically the god of death, and believe that when the whole world is converted to their cult he will fix everything wrong with the world.

The ideology can be basically summed up with their mantra: "My feet are on the road. I know not pride." They also have a bunch of other elements that would translate very well to M&F gameplay - divided into Bloods lead by Thanes, and with three specific groups of elite scouts, warriors and priests that half-run the group. They were also exiled beyond an almost-impassable valley centuries before the time of the books (by a similar society), and they were all formed by the dissolution of a previous kingdom. Ultimately, the idea would be to build up a realm and then make repeated sallies to try to convert by force or by peaceful means. It'd be nice because it's thematic justification for wafare and diplomacy, without being explicitly and exclusively a threat like the Void.

M&F and low-epic fantasy mesh very, very well.

Edit: damn you, Ratharing! Now I really want to kill off Mirran (who's not doing much anyway, and won't for ages) to do this, instead of only slightly.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:51:51 pm by Arx »

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2015, 02:52:04 pm »

Yes, I like it quite a lot. Do you have a character to spare for such realm concept?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2015, 02:56:39 pm »

See my faster than a sriking snake ninjaedit. I don't, but if Mirran met with a terrble fate on their way out of the Void to the West, I would...

I'll think about it. It's late where I am, if it still seems like a good idea in the morning I'll act on it. I'd need a paid player to make a realm for it as well.

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 13, 2015, 03:27:02 pm »

Making the realm is the easy part. I can do that, even if not involved with the concept (the offer goes to anyone else who wants to rule their own).

Join the chat whenever you have time, so we may discuss more about it:
http://chat.maffans.org/
Or #M&F in QuakeNet if you have an IRC client.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 13, 2015, 06:15:39 pm »

I like that version where Armok is actually the Player. DF in-game lore actually makes no mention of Armok as an actual deity; the characters all worship procedurally generated deities. But all follow every word that "Armok" tells them. Armok is the one who tells them to build great fortress, to dig deeper, to wipe out elf civilizations.

So anyone can have other deities but we follow "Armok's will" through coordinating on these forums.

Following DF lore, the nobility ranks would be:
Monarch (King/Queen) + King/Queen Consort > Duke > Count > Baron > Mayor

I propose that all "Knights" be called Champions, to fit with the DF theme :P

I recall somewhere that M&F was purposely given limited resources so that only a few cities can grow big. Obviously, let's just funnel all our food to one fortress until it reaches maximum size, then focus on the rest.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2015, 06:21:00 pm »

Champions?  Nah, Adventurers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 96