Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136521 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2015, 04:50:01 am »

Also, try to take the 1K+ population regions. As a general rule, take the high-food ones, grasslands, first. Then high-wood ones like dense forests or just straight-up forests. The 1K+ pop ones are very limited and will soon be gobbled up before anything else. I'm taking those first so we get the edge on our competition. Remember, only coastal regions can create docks. If we have no coasts, we're landlocked! Hence why my first region is a ways away from the main Armok encampment where my other 2 chars, the First Son and Daughter of Armok, will be claiming in... Like 2 hours. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2015, 04:51:32 am »

I'm at Estrimen. Still confused where the capitol is (will be?). The renaming doesn't help. Like I just started the game with these three naked 'soldiers'. It's like playing the original Slaves to Armok XD

And damn it's taking a long time to get anywhere without roads. I better be going in the right direction.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:03:16 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2015, 05:05:40 am »

The capital doesn't yet exist, but give it a few hours and it will. The game is rather confusing to start (I still don't understand it!), I suggest you create another character in an established realm as well to get a bit more of a feel for it.

If you hit 'Map and Travel', you'll get a Google Maps-style map. It'll be centred on you at Estrimen. If you zoom out a bit, you'll be able to see a large lake - we're starting the kingdom on the North-East shore of that lake. You can also set waypoints for your character to travel to, like other settlements, from that screen.

The settlements in this part of the world are all little better than groups of peasants living in hovels. That's why your troups are a feww randoms.

I suggest you head towards the Tear of Armok (the lake) for a bit, and then pick a settlement that looks juicy and take it over. With any luck Ehndras (paging Ehndras... :P) will copy his starter tips and tricks into the OP, and you can use those for reference for what to do after arriving in the settlement.

Heck, if you like you can take Estrimen over, but I think Ascalon will come for it soon.

For the OP, my characters:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So far they've proved very adept at avoiding Ehndras's attention... :P

I'm going to try to hit Wugenant (at the base of Armok's Tear) as Spearbreakers. Hopefully it doesn't get snapped up before I reach it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:10:45 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2015, 05:09:53 am »

I did have another character in this game earlier this year, but was kinda inactive and that character was kicked of home.

So I'll be heading to Wugenant then. Anyone going for that? Do you need troops to take a settlement?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2015, 05:12:22 am »

You don't need troops to take a settlement - as a First One, you overawe people so much you can just take control of the militia of independent settlements. You can also take over settlements with no troops, but it takes a long time. A long, long time.

Edit: oh, we're both heading to Wugenant. One of us could redirect to Jeubaholan - it's almost at a thousand. The other option is Tiraillet, but that'll only be nearby after a bridge is built.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:15:26 am by Arx »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2015, 05:15:35 am »

Yeah my character Alurien is about to take Wugenant, as I just posted in the example. :) Head for the area north of the lake, if possible. We'll be taking that whole swath until someone else tries to do so.

Guys, please put (For Armok!) or (B12) right at the start of your character description so we know you can be trusted. :) Otherwise, you may find yourself getting attacked by angry dwarves :P
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2015, 05:18:38 am »

I'm very tempted to go to Tiraillet then. It's a way off, but I doubt it's going to be taken too soon.

I have a B12 signifier at the end of my character description. If someone attacks me for not being a Bay12er without reading my entire character description, they're a jerk.

Edit: also the forum is tripping all the way out on my tablet right now, so this may be my last message for a bit.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2015, 05:19:42 am »

Oh I missed that completely, haha. I'll go for Nemingen then.

12 days. I hope this works because it's not like I can make another character to test out which button to press when taking over a settlement.

I'm too lazy to think up a character description so I'll get DF to generate one for me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If that doesn't scream "slave to armok" I don't know what does.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:38:40 am by Muz »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2015, 05:28:56 am »

The 12 days are in-game days, which only last six hours - so it's actually 'only' three days IRL. Taking over a settlement isn't complicated, don't worry. :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2015, 05:42:42 am »

12 days, jesus christ. Seriously, you can just spawn right in my settlement in a few hours when I take the first estate, then walk an hour away and take an estate :P Whoever claims the first allied estate opens the floodgates for an outporing of Armok's Spawn!

MUAAAAAHAHAHAHAH- Okay, I'll stop now.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2015, 05:44:25 am »

how do you go about using a dock? I couldn't work that out

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2015, 05:52:59 am »

Whoever claims the first allied estate opens the floodgates for an outporing of Armok's Spawn!

You may not have noticed, but that's already happening. :P Just some distance away from where you expected and planned.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2015, 06:03:11 am »

Aye, but if folks aren't nearby then others will eat up all the good ones. There's a ridiculous amount of nobles heading westward from all over. :) I just want to make sure we claim as much good land as possible before others do.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2015, 06:09:47 am »

I'll have my first western estate on the border of the Armokian region in 7 real-world hours. Bah. I should have put both of my characters nearby to claim the same region, not claim 2 and take forever doing so. Meh.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2015, 06:19:54 am »

Shit! The first guy just posted 2 fealty offers in Nelarow, far into the west. Crap. Whoever takes them is going to beat my other 2 characters to the punch. Bah! Thankfully Alurien is already there, 0.2 hours from taking the biggest nearby region, another soon behind.

Take those offers if y'all wish. More will be available further north in Armok, and right beneath them across the black dragon river with the Black Order.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 96