Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136495 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2015, 11:08:31 pm »

I suggest we start marrying each other and create some nice, complex family dynasties for !!FUN!! and glory. Always good to have descendants that belong to other players!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2015, 11:48:00 pm »

...IT HAS BEGUN!

playing Urist, First Son of Armok   
inside Kaikilar

Take Control

You are now in the process of taking control of this settlement. The process will take an estimated 14 hours (real time), though this estimate will change with the support or opposition of other nobles.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2015, 12:01:57 am »

Oh, Kaikilar...my character who's currently affiliated with the Lowlands Confedaration is to the east of where you are. It's going to be a few days before I'm in position to claim any settlements.

It's going to be crowded around there however with people from LC spreading west.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2015, 12:06:46 am »

Aye. And we'll spread west as a result. I really wanted to also take the furthest peninsula but its way too far by land, and I dont have permisisons for any local docks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2015, 02:24:39 am »

I've dropped two more knight offers in Estrimen. I'm travelling North-West, hopefully I and whatever knights I attract can meet up with the main body of the Children.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2015, 02:41:34 am »

I took one of those knight's offers with a new character just now. Going to head NW a bit, then probably grab a settlement.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2015, 02:44:56 am »

I took one of those knight's offers with a new character just now. Going to head NW a bit, then probably grab a settlement.

Sweet, thought that was probably you.

For the record, Ascalon has arrived in the person of Lord Borgan Flambard, and is executing their claim. This probably only affects me and other people on the fringe. At the moment I'm just rolling over for them since I've been expecting this since I made the character, and there's really no point in picking a fight with Ascalon. Less than no point, even.

Edit: is Artum Kunullung one of us? Identify thyself, vassal!

Edit again: Ehndras, if our capital isn't called someting to do with the Mountainhome I will be disappointed. Just saying. We also have realm titles pre-mapped out for us.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:22:14 am by Arx »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2015, 03:46:33 am »

Let's discuss said names and title's then, though we can always change them as we go.

Kaikilar is being renamed, the docks are called Armok's Landing.

I was thinking this for my town names, personally.

Kaikilar as "Armok's Jaw", since its a nice little mouth-shaped bay. Then I'll have Armok's Fist, Blood God, Throne of Bones, and finally Mountainhome as the capitol. :) The capitol will definitely be the biggest local populated region, with nearly 1,300 pop as-is, and a primary food producer. We're going to want to quickly set up a small tax/tithe of food to the capitol to bolster its population so we can get some proper construction going.

Just letting y'all know, focus on your other characters at first. The Western Frontier is bare-bones and lacks all the amenities of the civilized realms. Meaning no entourage, no troop capacity, few buildings, and everything is unbuilt. We'll have to build all roads, towers, buildings, and troop production capability from scratch. So keep learning how to play from your other characters, gain some power, and we'll turtle it up and build a real empire to be feared!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2015, 03:47:21 am »

Also, don't waste all your slots. As soon as I take the town you guys can spawn literally IN our drop-zone and just walk next door and take an estate, so try to keep a slot or two open, or you can always just kill a guy off if you need to.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2015, 03:56:42 am »

I'm telling everyone that's taking my offers that it's likely to be bland. I'm currently heading roughly to the lone forested region to the South-West of the Tear. As soon as I get any estates I anticipate keeping for longer than the time it takes to mobilise the militia, take over, and put out knight offers I'm probably going to start naming them after community fortresses - Ardentdikes, maybe Necrothreat if the Void becomes a credible threat, and of course Spearbreakers.

Could also call Armok's landing Boatmurdered. ;D

Edit: might want to put the fact that there's a B12 realm in the title.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2015, 04:18:03 am »

Aye!

Be careful with offers though. Try to set them up with only ONE troop at a time, and only when directly coordinating with fellow B12ers, to prevent us from getting trolls and douchebags who don't like that we're independent. Someone can literally take an offer, walk next door, take 10-15 troops from independent estate's militia, and turn around and rape us. Trust me, not everyone will appreciate that we're a somewhat closed external community. Every game has its douchebags, after all. I'm only setting up knight offers right when someone from B12 is online and ready to click that button. I'm not putting them up to sit there and be taken, because others can abuse our offers and just take all our land and flip us off afterward. I'm not taking that risk. If we're doing this, it'll have to be done strategically and intelligently!

Also, do NOT set your estates to allow independent spawning. People can just spawn as independents that way. Hell, I did that in the northeastern estates belonging to Rathgar in the rim of the western expanse and my spawned characters made it to the Tear before my other guys did from ascalon. :)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2015, 04:23:00 am »

I don't see three rabble being a credible threat to me, by and large. :P I currently field an army significantly larger than that (and very marginally better equipped).

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2015, 04:25:50 am »

Heh. I've been taking 10-15 rabble and light inf. from most estates I walk through while Im online, so I have some troops. Most of my characters have no troops though and will rely on whatever I find there.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2015, 04:39:20 am »

Edit: is Artum Kunullung one of us? Identify thyself, vassal!

Yup, that's me  ;D
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2015, 04:48:10 am »

Guys, please post your current location so we can figure out how far out everyone is. :) If you can also provide some vague geographic marker that would also be nice.

For example,

"Aurien  Þórrulfr is 2 regions east from the southern tip of the big lake, henceforth known as "Armok's Tear." In 0.6 hours she'll arrive, claim whatever rabble stands as militia (which you can do for ALL independent estates... Amass an army of rabble and deprive others from using their forces, heh!)) before initiating the takeover of Wugenant, a nice "small town" with around 1.1K population on the shore of the lake and on a river.

OH, forgot to mention, try to get coastal regions or regions crossed by a river. You get to build fisheries on coasts, irrigation ditches in river-crossed regions, and some other terrains get their own uniques too. If you get a coastal river region, even better. You'll eventually produce a ridiculous amount of food with the irrigation and fishery. :)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 96