Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136481 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #225 on: November 09, 2015, 08:21:45 am »

There's a knight offer at Normajex. Troops are cruddy, but you don't need much. If you want to get a foot in the door, it's a good start I think. Just mention you're from B12, if any of you take it, and who you are.

Edit: there's a battle over one of the border settlements. Despite bing surrounded by independents. Human nature strikes back!
I was honestly just making a third character just to take over that settlement, but when I saw the fact that you made that offer, I decided otherwise. I just took up that knight offer, and I'll be taking over land for ya as needed.

Awesome. Heading North-West is probably best, to get closer to the eventual site of the Sons of Armok, since I'll probably swear to them as soon as they're a thing. Hoping to get enough people to motivate for being a Duchess so I can call my Duchy the Spearbreakers of Armok. :P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:24:04 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2015, 08:36:01 am »

There's a knight offer at Normajex. Troops are cruddy, but you don't need much. If you want to get a foot in the door, it's a good start I think. Just mention you're from B12, if any of you take it, and who you are.

Edit: there's a battle over one of the border settlements. Despite bing surrounded by independents. Human nature strikes back!
I was honestly just making a third character just to take over that settlement, but when I saw the fact that you made that offer, I decided otherwise. I just took up that knight offer, and I'll be taking over land for ya as needed.

Awesome. Heading North-West is probably best, to get closer to the eventual site of the Sons of Armok, since I'll probably swear to them as soon as they're a thing. Hoping to get enough people to motivate for being a Duchess so I can call my Duchy the Spearbreakers of Armok. :P

I have a feeling that this'll end up with 5-6 Armokian states going to war for which one will be the true Armok state.
I approve. I approve of this so much.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:46:57 am by BluarianKnight »
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2015, 09:00:58 am »

All activity is good activity, after all!

I'm planning on going peacefully, but IC motivations and all that...

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2015, 10:58:56 am »

I'd like to see DF-inspired culture, though RPing actual dwarves in the context of M&F might be a tad too silly.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2015, 11:00:41 am »

I'd like to see DF-inspired culture, though RPing actual dwarves in the context of M&F might be a tad too silly.

Man, I'm gonna have to look up the slavery ethics again. If it's PUNISH_CAPITAL or UNTHINKABLE we might have to wage a crusade...

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2015, 08:21:51 pm »

Man, I'm gonna have to look up the slavery ethics again. If it's PUNISH_CAPITAL or UNTHINKABLE we might have to wage a crusade...

Now that's what I'm thinking of!

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2015, 10:21:04 pm »

Alright so I'm getting my piece of the pie, if anyone wants they can come join me I Rukaenau, soon to be named Golden Rukae, and if you want you can be my vassal. Name is Lyra Goldensworn.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 09, 2015, 11:41:12 pm »

We don't need to be actual dwarves. We could be vaguely "Dwarf-life" as a theme, yet veiled.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2015, 12:36:55 pm »

Now that's what I'm thinking of!

It's PUNISH_CAPITAL! Let's burn some heretics!

Anyway, I've been developing an actual useable code of law from the RAW ethics. So far I have this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's just [ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER]. I've been adding more slack to it to make it actually work, since definite capital punishment for an accidental homicide no-one really cared about doesn't seem too great - but it's still consistent with Dwarven lore, in that if you kill someone you're screwed. :D

If anyone has any feedback, fire away. This is half an hour or so of idle elaboration, so it's not overly polished. I'll add some more of the nitty-gritty implementation as well in another section ('all punishments are carried out directly by the appointed Hammerer...').

Edit: you know what, here's the commentable-on Google doc. It now covers some of the UNTHINKABLE stuff as well. I'm particularly looking for a nice, professional, legal way of making it clear that someone who does one of the unthinkable thigns isn't so much a criminal as an animal that needs to be put down for the good of society.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:07:47 pm by Arx »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2015, 07:23:17 pm »

YES. Please continue.

"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2015, 07:48:55 pm »

Anybody in the west or own regions yet? My characters have nearly arrived to their multiple targets.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2015, 10:33:58 pm »

Alright! 0.2 and 0.4 days from arriving at the first leg of the journey, in that northern forest region east of the great western lake. From there we'll spread west, around the lake, making use of the high-food production grasslands to its north. I'll be posting fealty offers only when you guys are online, so we don't get trolls and headaches. Later, once we're established, we can start bringing people in from the outside. :)

Sadly the lands I wanted to the south have been claimed, but I will still be taking the internal Black Dragon River land until someone else does. It fits perfectly into my Black Order lore, due to its name, and as an RP game its always good to have actual RP basis for your actions.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2015, 10:48:58 pm »

Marking our first estates in an hour or so, (0.2 and 0.4 hours in-game, respectively, for the closest As such, I've taken to dubbing the lake of the Western Reach, I shall call the great lake "Armok's Tear," and our realm the "Children of Armok". I'm writing a little legend about it, for IC reasons why we're there in the first place. Some of us are already in place to claim the regions surrounding Armok's Tear.

"Before Mortals and First Ones walked the Earth, it was the stomping ground of countless Gods and Goddesses, spirits of natural form and void whose divine breath seeded life unto the continents. In the Western Reach, beyond the wall of darkness, did Armok lay. He slumbered for countless eons, dreaming eternal as the Divine often do. As the darkness of the Void consumed, and the light of Man did rise, Armok stirred from his repose. Cleaving his way from the pits beneath, he arose to the light of day and found the world inhabited by tiny creatures - beautiful yet terrible in their own regard. For this, he cried a single tear - drowning his former chamber in all its heavenly glory. From his joy was formed "Armok's Tear," the great lake of the Western Reach. And from this tear sprung his children, seeded by the desire to see life encompass all the world, that glorious battle and grand fortresses might one day find a home upon the surface. From Armok's Tear were born his Sons and Daughters, the Children of Armok, who sought to honor his divine image in founding grand nations - beneath which their subterranean temples bore his seed as their life was first seeded. From the shores of Armok's tear did they climb, faltering at first, yet full of the wonder and glory of their First One brethren. Shorter than other First Ones, they bore a striking resemblance to the breaded God who brought them life. And in his image they carved an empire, above and beneath the fertile ground, that all may know of Armok's Glory."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2015, 10:54:07 pm »

... You spelled bearded breaded.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2015, 11:00:40 pm »

Then I guess we already know what foodstuff we're embarking with <_<

In other news,

*Cognizine Tarzarth, First Daughter of Armok ; I'rkul Os'eod ; Mesmoden Dhimir ; Ulric Dragonspear ; and Urist, First Son of Armok are in the west, very close to founding the "Children of Armok."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 96