Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136416 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2015, 01:04:02 pm »

..So...Is anyone else entirely unable to use their characters at all? Just logged and I get a error for character not selected for every single character I have.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2015, 01:06:32 pm »

Game died. It'll be fixed sometime today.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2015, 01:10:35 pm »

Yep. Just as it was about to get interesting, too (the training mini-tournament is sort of started up).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2015, 03:08:18 pm »

It seems to be fixed now.

So, does anyone know how to bar peeps from entering your estates? I'm not sure I understand how this permissions thing works. Or it just might not be possible to actually bar people from entering a settlement not affiliated with a realm.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2015, 05:18:28 pm »

Anyone who doesn't fall under the category of your permissions list is banned from entry, unless they force the gates through successful combat. Without the proper setting of permissions, even your fellow countrymen cannot enter your settlements. I typically have it set where all members of a character's realm are allowed to enter and use the docks, but that is all. I have my own Wyvern Command Support group that has absolute power over my villages, comprised of all my characters and those extremely select few I consider highly trustworthy friends beyond simple character.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2015, 07:13:44 pm »

I, Magnus Decimus Aurelius Gault, have just been named Legatus of the Legio Furvus of the Archonian Dominate! A special-forces unit of Ebonguard, Val'kyr / Varang'yan Vanguard, and those who dare follow the Order against the enemies of righteousness and justice.

I'll set up a few fealty offers in L'noxtiec, my city. :) A TON is going on here, and its an extremely active realm. Enjoy!
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2015, 12:24:09 am »

Sounds interesting, I'll have to take a look at it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2015, 12:37:33 am »

Lilun Haisha (Zangi) and I (Sarden Thelassan) have opened the training tourney with a bit of bloodshed.

Re: setting to militia and burying the dead, how exactly does that work?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2015, 01:17:15 am »

Sounds interesting, I'll have to take a look at it.

Edio! Horry Shiet! I haven't spoken to you in ages! Heard from stephen, Dane, Ash, or any of our old crew recently? I haven't spoken to Ash in a long time. Stephen's on his way to becoming a rocket engineer, and Dane I lost contact with.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2015, 01:30:06 am »

We have a selection of knight offers out of Sorrows and I shall be preparing more when I can. While they are only a small number, I see them as more of a test than anything else - I expect whoever takes up these vassals to go out, spread our disease, take independent estates and capture or kill the slumberblighted. Infest new realms and islands with our spawn. Those who succeed in this task may return to the Forsaken Zone as a dark hero.

Infiltrate, infest, infect.
I took one of your knight offers in the Sorrows.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2015, 03:40:06 am »

Lilun Haisha (Zangi) and I (Sarden Thelassan) have opened the training tourney with a bit of bloodshed.

Re: setting to militia and burying the dead, how exactly does that work?

Be sure to RP each player's actions in accordance with whatever happened in battle! :) My usual technique is to RP each battle "stage", ie, ranged 1, then 2 (if any archers, otherwise skip), then melee 1, melee 2, etc etc etc. If someone retreats, or is wounded, RP that too. :) Doesn't need to be a paragraph each like I do :P A sentence would suffice.

As for that, click "Soldiers" on the right.

You'll get soldier names, xp level, a drop-down menu box, and all the equipment, where they're from, and then their log since their initial recruitment - which is very fun to read for the higher xp soldiers!

If you want to select a certain group of troops, you can set all sorts of lettered categories, or set your own custom ones. Or, the long way as I always do, just check each troop's box manually, put "selection" in the "all soldiers in group" box, click "apply to group" to set your mobilize/retrain/set as militia/disband orders for each of the checked soldiers, and then "issue your orders" with the bottom button.

Retrain lets you add different weapons, armor, and secondary items to your troops. For example, one of my void characters is capturing an independent settlement right now. The region manufactures maces, a much higher quality weapon than our spears. It also produces shields and leather armor, which shits on my cloth armor. As such, I've set most of my troops to retrain, making sure to manually select one and click "retrain" in the action box, so that the little blue command prompt shows up at the bottom. I then selected mace, leather armor, and shield, made sure all my troops to be trained are selected, hit apply to group, verified they're selected in-case I double-applied and thus UN-applied (useful trick once you learn how to use it without pissing yourself off), and issued orders. Now, in a few days' time, they'll be vastly more powerful! Typically you want to do this with higher-xp characters, as they are less likely to just drop their gear and run - which can be quite frustrating when you're brand new heavy cavalry walk home barefoot and unarmed, throwing away the expensive, difficult to manufacture items you spent so long producing for them - whereas a higher-xp unit will likely fight to the death, taking as many fuckers out with him as humanly possible. Also, xp directly influences how strong a soldier is, so your 10 xp medium infantry does much less damage and takes less of a beating than your 55 xp medium infantry. (20+ xp is good, though 40+ is great. I have some 70+ xp guys that are incredible.) You want your high-xp soldiers to have the BEST weapons, armor, and gear you can supply.

That brings me to resupply. Sometimes your soldiers' great will be greyed out. This means it was either damaged beyond repair or lost during battle, and thus does not exist - and gives no bonus - to your troop. Designate them and "resupply" in an estate that has those items and allows you to resupply, and you'll regain the full power of your troops. If you can't do so at the moment, consider putting the troop somewhere safe. It'd kill me to lose a high-xp heavy cavalry in a small battle because the idiot is charging around with no weapon. Its happened before... :P

There will be a button at the bottom that says "bury all dead" when you have dead but aren't moving or in combat, click that and then issue your orders with the bottom-most button.

If you wish to set as militia, select them as you would any, set as militia, issue orders, and the selected troops will become militia - defending an estate and using their off hours to help produce food and material for your estate! There *IS* a cutoff, though, where militia consume more than they produce. Typically you want 100 militia in your estates. Any more and their productivity starts to drop off.

ALSO, when you're within any given region, all your troops eat from their food production. This can and will cause starvation, which can cripple allies or assist in defeating your enemies.

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2015, 10:30:38 am »

Hallo! I play in Arrakesh, the Archonian Dominate, The Void and Rathgar. All of them I recommend, each for different reasons.

However, I saw that some spoke about being independent, instead of having to serve someone else. I personally dislike a lot large blob realms and almighty rulers, because the game promotes quite a conservative game style, which ends up in nobody rebelling, wars being quite limited, and general stagnation.

To combat this I try to make decentralized governments in where the power is more diffuse, and nobody has the reins of things too tightly: I eventually became the ruler of the Archonian Dominate and turned it into a republic (or Roman Principate) of sorts. The land is divided in Archonates (small realms of between 6 and 10 settlements), each of which have one representative in the senate, which holds the final word. Since this is very new, it is still being discussed how everything will be managed (how independent are the archonates? do only archons or everyone get to vote? what about archons that stay silent?), but that's kind of the point: allow for things to be decided by many, and not by only a few.

Rathgar is quite a different matter. It was divided in three large realms (Valinor, Stonedlands and North Spear), and it has recently merged, breaking the large realms. Some people still want to follow the blobbing logic, and I am trying to form a different culture, more Celtic-based, of many independent clans instead of a few united realms. To that end I recruit knights, give them soldiers and land, form their own realm and ask them to become independent from me. Then they are left to their own devices. I've fathered a fair share of clans, and intend to keep adding players to the geopolitical table. If you look at the south you'll notice that there are around seven factions, so the possibilities for alliances and sides are very limited. In the north I intend to have it quite differently.

Let me know if you are interested in ruling your own independent clan. My only request is that you follow that culture: do not bow, do not make others bow. Think of it as the free folk of the North from Game of Thrones, if you will.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2015, 11:06:30 am »

oh shit already fucked up then...XD

anyway how does one get to play a bandit character...i somehow cant find the option

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2015, 12:14:47 pm »

anyway how does one get to play a bandit character...i somehow cant find the option

Periodically the option will appear in the characters screen. There's a fixed pool of bandits though, so only occasionally will it come up.

Edit: does anyone ever use the Quests feature? I could deal with my more independent character being a knight-errant running small tasks for anyone who crosses her path, but so far I've never actually seen a quest available.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:35:45 pm by Arx »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2015, 01:30:53 pm »

Periodically the option will appear in the characters screen. There's a fixed pool of bandits though, so only occasionally will it come up.

Edit: does anyone ever use the Quests feature? I could deal with my more independent character being a knight-errant running small tasks for anyone who crosses her path, but so far I've never actually seen a quest available.

I've set up quests before though I've never see anyone do them. Most of my quests involve the taker being a trade representive and doing business where I can not or searching out lucrative deals in exchange for gold and on occasion, a small reward of soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 96