Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136396 times)

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2015, 06:20:29 pm »

How did you do that? What I read, seems to suggest its like battlemaster, you have to get a knight offer to get some troops and money to even get started? There is a way to just start and grab a neutral settlement and see how it goes I gather?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2015, 06:57:34 pm »

How did you do that? What I read, seems to suggest its like battlemaster, you have to get a knight offer to get some troops and money to even get started? There is a way to just start and grab a neutral settlement and see how it goes I gather?

I found a independent settlement in the mountains, no one had control over it so I nabbed it. If you want, I can pm the name to you. I'm not posting it here for the obvious reason being that the sooner someone notices it, the sooner I'll likely be forced to incorporate into a larger realm or empire just for my own protection.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2015, 07:01:14 pm »

Soo i joined as a random Viking in Rathgar, the Viking Nations. Got assigned to the Lowlands, which gave me immediately 50 men and 3 settlements...well that went quickly :D

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2015, 07:52:33 pm »

Expect a bunch of knight offers from The Void soon if you want some fun disposable soldiers. Infiltrate,  Infect, Infest!

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2015, 08:11:54 pm »

Expect a bunch of knight offers from The Void soon if you want some fun disposable soldiers. Infiltrate,  Infect, Infest!

So, whats the story with The Void?
Just looking over the map, I see that Realm scattered in pockets like some black cancer on the land...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:13:38 pm by Crowe~ »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2015, 10:42:08 pm »

Brought back an old character.
Anyone willing to give me a hand getting back into this game? I'm honestly lost.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2015, 12:17:25 am »

Hmm....I also now have a bandit character. This should be entertaining. And I spawned just a couple of miles from a small battle. With more troops than either side appear to have committed to the battle. If I'm lucky I can show up just as they're about done clobbering each other and overpower BOTH knights.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2015, 12:20:49 am »

You also have to keep in mind that people have satellite settlements- the one in particular which I saw change hands recently and became independent, only because it is close to the void, belongs to Erstes Imperium- and more specifically, the Holy Lands, which is their... well. You can guess.

It definitely wasn't independent before, but then again, you may have taken another settlement, elsewhere. I just kind of feel sorry for the poor sod who took from the Holy Lands.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2015, 03:38:48 am »

Question for those who have played for longer:

I have an estate with 30 militia. The former owner (who has a claim) with no soldiers initiated an attempt to take over the settlement. Any predictions on what's going to happen? I would hope that the 30 militia gang up on him and beat him like a ragdoll, but I'm guessing he'll succeed and I'm going to have to march back and reconquer the settlement again.

Is there any way to 'ban' a specific noble from entering your estate, even if he belongs to your nation?

No one can enter unless you give them permission with the "permission lists" mechanic. Otherwise, they have to force themselves into the settlement by attacking the militia. Anyone who has a settlement taken generates a legitimate claim, as opposed to a declared (fabricated) claim, and you can be sure they - and their friends - will come after you for it. If someone attacks your settlement, you can select either "initiate battle" or "join battle" to attempt to kick their ass. If they fight the militia alone, chances are they'll annihilate the militia - as without you, a noble, they're quite stupid.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2015, 03:43:00 am »

So, whats the story with The Void?
Just looking over the map, I see that Realm scattered in pockets like some black cancer on the land...

Posting some of my Void lore to help with that.

Not necessarily true, Lady [c:3891]. The power of our blood has been heavily diluted over the many ages since our empresses' time. In addition, there are certain things our generation has since forgotten regarding the nature of the Void... Their very creation, for one. Tell me, honestly, where do you believe the Voidspawn originate? I can tell you, if you so desire...

[c:3827]... Quite simply, the singular desire of the Void is our extinction. The enslavement of every living mind, the shackling of every mortal shell, the pillaging of every settlement, the end of our reality. Our return to the eternal darkness from which the Void was spawned, before divine light first burst to propagate throughout the abyss of timelessness. You see, contrary to our beliefs, the Void came before the light of creation. The Gods filled the vast expanse of the formless Void with consciousness and creation... Yet the Void had already spawned a consciousness of its own creation. As light burst through the expanse, this rudimentary mind slumbered in the pits and crevices of existence - until a time when it could once again spawn a consciousness of its own. When Mortals and First Ones came into existence, the Void re-awakened... Yet in the meager shadows left behind in the expansion of divine light, it could find no repose - no medium through which to re-create its shadow-mind. In whatever primordial pseudo-emotions such an ethereal consciousness may contain, it discovered it could manipulate these creatures of light - twisting, tainting, consuming them until all that remained was the Void within their minds. We are those creatures, my friend. The longer it fights, the stronger it becomes - as we grow weak each passing day. Deviating further and further from the light of the divine, until we eventually become little more than the mere Mortals we so often look down upon. Diluting the divine essence that pours through our veins, generation after generation, until we are but a shadow of the Firstborn Sons of Divine Light and the Song of Creation echoed within our veins, our minds, our souls.

In the end, the Void wishes simply to reclaim its birthright - the tranquility of formless abyss in the absence of eternal light. It wishes to banish our Gods by denying them sustenance - the blood and mind of their First One children and the vital currency of our faith. With the extinction of our kind, our Gods shall bleed away their divine essence until naught remains but the formless Void of our darkest origin. The nothingness from whence we came.

* "When darkness falls from mortal view, the Eyes of Man perceive no longer; Shadows cast - through ages past - the birth of Black Redemption. The screaming souls of Men betrayed, depravity of lesser days, Ancestral Sin will coalesce - A Rising Star set world ablaze."

"The pride and greed of Firstborn creed, shall bring forth Three Great Wars - decreed; To render mortal man extinct, Surrendering all bonds distinct."

"When Firstborn become all and One, The tapestry shall be undone; The Spiral strings of Fate unwound, The Final Days of Life unbound." *
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2015, 03:49:15 am »

...Officially-speaking, though, the Void is a realm where we try something new. The border regions and disconnected regions belong to the Void and can be taken if no Void characters are around. If they show up, you run - or become infected and you and your estates join the Void. The Core territories, the Forsaken Zone, is a NO-GO zone - you don't even dare try to go there or you're INSTA-infected. The void pretty much harrasses border settlements as if we were zombie pirates, looting and killing militia, sometimes taking towns if its been long enough and they're actually independent, and just exists to give players a structured enemy to make things interesting. There is a certain status-quo we've established so that the Void doesn't expand aggressively and accidentally involve people who don't want to participate in the RP, and to prevent others from abusing the rules and simply conquering the Void's territory in one swoop. The Void is actually ridiculously weak - its just the RP, really, that makes them seem strong. I should know, I'm one of its interim rulers. The whole idea is just to make the game more fun :) See just how many people we can get involved in this crazy RP, whether for or against us.

Right now we've hoping to get all you guys into the Void so we can start organizing campaigns against the mortal realms ;) I may be leading y'all as your Daemonic general quite soon. So cmon up and join the Void. Bust out your apocalyptic name generators, dredge up your lists of famous demon names, invoke the horsemen of the apocalypse and join the undead fun!

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2015, 06:47:04 am »

You also have to keep in mind that people have satellite settlements- the one in particular which I saw change hands recently and became independent, only because it is close to the void, belongs to Erstes Imperium- and more specifically, the Holy Lands, which is their... well. You can guess.

It definitely wasn't independent before, but then again, you may have taken another settlement, elsewhere. I just kind of feel sorry for the poor sod who took from the Holy Lands.

Eh, that was me. I suspect I won't be in control over it much longer. Due to the seventy man army that just arrived there.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:23:45 am by Xardalas »

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2015, 07:14:01 am »

Looks interesting. Looks like I've ended up in Rathgar - we'll see how this goes!

Eh, that was me. I suspect I won't be in control over it much longer. Due to the seven man army that just arrived there.

Well, surely a fortified village can stand against a group of seven warrior--... ah, seven players, I bet. Yeah, that sounds intimidating. Good opportunity to learn, maybe?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2015, 07:24:24 am »

Looks interesting. Looks like I've ended up in Rathgar - we'll see how this goes!

Eh, that was me. I suspect I won't be in control over it much longer. Due to the seven man army that just arrived there.

Well, surely a fortified village can stand against a group of seven warrior--... ah, seven players, I bet. Yeah, that sounds intimidating. Good opportunity to learn, maybe?

had a type. Seventy man army. One player, seventy soldiers. Counting the milita, I have like...nine. :P

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2015, 10:27:06 am »

Playing as Fredrich Wolgast in Ascalon, I was welcomed back by a lot of people, looks like I'll receive a couple of estates.
Ascalon seems to get a lot of attention from Rathgar and the Imperium, not to mention the recent threat from the void.
If any of you would be interested, I'll take a knight or two once I get my estates.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 96