Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136624 times)

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #930 on: October 21, 2016, 08:07:41 pm »

I'm still new to the game. I'll get in when the republic starts up.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Vamking12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 22, 2016, 10:21:26 am »

I now own the city, I need one vassal in order to form the republic. So you can come in now

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 22, 2016, 11:10:21 am »

Well, I'm in!
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Vamking12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 22, 2016, 06:01:15 pm »

It's a slow game, just a warning
« Reply #934 on: October 23, 2016, 01:24:55 am »

Hello fellow dorfs, I and some players have created a small realm of our own. We've just about managed to not bankrupt our cities and have connected roads together and form basic militias. We have also succeeded in making an enemy already who may or may not try an invasion! Do any of you more experienced Dwarven Lords have advice for the game? We also have no idea what troops make a good garrison, any suggestions in that regard as well?

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 23, 2016, 02:26:20 am »

Invest in longbowmen. With at least wooden walls they can absolutely destroy even experienced heavy infantry.
Make alliances with your neighbours and even consider vassalage. Otherwise you will be mowed down by more powerful invaders like in any other game.
Make your capital in grassland provinces or near water.
Make sure to build up food production buildings up to Fairgound in all settlements.
Metal is a rare commodity, if you have any sell it for food.
« Reply #936 on: October 23, 2016, 02:39:55 am »

We have joined Ascalon as a semi independent dominion. Things have been going peachy until a couple of minutes ago when our nemesis attacked our capital. We have stone walls on the city being attacked, however I doubt 50 longbow men and 30 or so halberdmen are going to do much against 360 heavy infantry. We have a pretty nice thing going beyond the unpleasant neighbour, we control hills along a river and seemingly the largest metal production in the general area. We were planing to trade, but our neighbour is a follower of "might makes right" and quite happy to spread rumours and lie to make up for his lack of an actual claim to the land. 

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #937 on: October 23, 2016, 02:50:01 am »

That guy sounds like an OOC dick. Call your Ascalonian allies to your aid.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
« Reply #938 on: October 23, 2016, 02:59:02 am »

We are fighting Duke Flambard, a relative of a rebeling vassal. Our characters see him as quite a nasty peice of work and consider him a bully who considers might makes right. (Edited first part as I realized it did not come off the way I wanted and was unfair to another player.) and we are So far it is going better than the first place we tried settling, there was a knight offer that included land, so we were going to try and set up a court there. The Lord who made the offer mysteriously died and his son took over, proceeded to take the the land away from us and attack us and send some rather incoherent messages in broken english. Our second attempt to start a realm turned out to be next to a realm that has psychotic religious fanatics in it, which as newbs hadn't noticed previously owned the blue cities. All but two of us were lit on fire.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:52:50 am by Doctor Urist Carpslayer »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 23, 2016, 03:17:00 am »

Eh, some nice character assassination attempt there, mate. :)
I actually play the Flambards and honestly I was kinda excited to find me some IG opportunists to feud with. This game is mostly about roleplay and interaction believe it or not, you'll get tired of just building and recruiting pretty soon. Looks like you're a bad sport OOCly but hopefully you'll see there's an opportunity for politics and intrigue instead of whining how stronger lords screw the weaker ones over.
« Reply #940 on: October 23, 2016, 03:23:56 am »

Sorry there then, you are fun to play against! Honestly it is fun to have a nemesis and I like your roleplaying, it's nice actually getting some interactions in character. Sorry if it came across as attacks against you mate.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 23, 2016, 03:34:21 am »

Sure did. I guess I get your frustration to a certain extent... Although you should have been prepared for some action when you decided to cross a powerful lord like that. Of course I am personally aiming to provoke your friends in Falconreach though. One sided wars are no fun.
And remember that losing is fun. Myself, I'm about to lose my other domain (Misthelm) to the barbarian hordes. But if I knew that the entire Lowlands would descend upon me while Ascalon would fall into nigh ruin and refuse to send aid, I'd still wouldn't back down from that war. Lost war is always better than no war in ages and bored silence in all messaging channels.

See, it's not like I'm trying to steal all your shit. There's just this one settlement we have a dispute over and I don't mind it changing hands a few times. Isn't that how a feudal simulator should be played?
« Reply #942 on: October 23, 2016, 03:46:30 am »

Crusader King II player, so I get what you are saying. I honestly am not annoyed or anything, I mostly find our luck so far amusing. In character, our little party basically asked the Talonclaws, panicked and decided to join the nice honourable uncle of the guy who was friendly to them. We're playing as merchant patricians from our other game rather than experienced nobles. Gotta say, it's funny to see how a group panics when the scary "other" is suddenly giving time pressure. In character, my character is quite annoyed about the rumour spreading, he prefers directly calling out people. Out of character wise, I actually intended to send a message saying the Duke was offering us a deal etc, but my phone isn't that great for the game and it required me to log back in after I hit sent. I then procrastinated and you can see how things went.

On an unrelated note, anyone have any advice on trading? I haven't quite figured out how to do it beyond from directly adjacent settlements.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:31:25 am by Doctor Urist Carpslayer »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #943 on: October 23, 2016, 04:38:46 am »

Sure did. I guess I get your frustration to a certain extent... Although you should have been prepared for some action when you decided to cross a powerful lord like that. Of course I am personally aiming to provoke your friends in Falconreach though. One sided wars are no fun.
And remember that losing is fun. Myself, I'm about to lose my other domain (Misthelm) to the barbarian hordes. But if I knew that the entire Lowlands would descend upon me while Ascalon would fall into nigh ruin and refuse to send aid, I'd still wouldn't back down from that war. Lost war is always better than no war in ages and bored silence in all messaging channels.

See, it's not like I'm trying to steal all your shit. There's just this one settlement we have a dispute over and I don't mind it changing hands a few times. Isn't that how a feudal simulator should be played?
'Barbarian horde'
Lu Liang Jiang WILL rip your throat out for that. As will her husband-to-be, Harold Dubhaine, and Jiang's loving father-in-law-to-be Aodh. As will Lu Bu, Consul of the Royal Army Shock Troopers Of Armok.
In all seriousness, I am killing off one of my characters to join this thing. Expect a new vassal soonish.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 23, 2016, 08:30:46 am »

Our second attempt to start a realm turned out to be next to a realm that has psychotic religious fanatics in it, which as newbs hadn't noticed previously owned the blue cities. All but two of us were lit on fire.

I seriously feel so super bad about doing that. I knew you were a newbie, but usually when newbies come and take your settlements, they no longer give a crap about minor details like who owned what. It is quite possible that Martyn Lann, the Imperator, would've let you keep those settlements if you reached out to us before the... unpleasant... business took place.

Also, why does everyone think the House of Order is a fanatically religious organization? The Knights of Order used to be godslayers, ironically.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 96