Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136695 times)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #810 on: March 03, 2016, 11:40:58 am »

I've seen scrublands producing some metal. It's rare outside the mountains, but still there.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #811 on: March 03, 2016, 01:52:15 pm »

Welp, that was that. Fuckin' bandit.

Where?

It's interesting how much harder it is to play Sarden after kicking off depression.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 03, 2016, 02:17:08 pm »

I think in Kagain. Had no soldiers or anything. Captured and executed Inver Jalovjek while I was offline.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #813 on: March 03, 2016, 02:27:19 pm »

Damn, I got your death message, didn't know why or how.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 03, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »

Apropos of nothing, every time this topic makes it back to the first page, all I can think is, "wow, the use of 'incredible' in this subject is really clickbait-y, and makes me, a BM vet and M&F beta participant, really not want to check out what's been going on in M&F lately".)

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 03, 2016, 02:54:25 pm »

I'm still not entirely sure whether I'll make a relative of Inver, a new one for RASTOA or if I even rejoin in the first place.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #816 on: March 07, 2016, 11:19:40 am »

Well, there goes Oclire. And I have no idea if I'm motivated enough to try to carry on playing in the Black Road. Like, I probably should. But at the same time, the game is so badly broken and arbitrary that I'm really not sure I want to.

I still love the concept, but Tom is frankly failing badly to deliver.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #817 on: March 07, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »

The hardest part of the game for me is metal scarcity
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 07, 2016, 04:37:14 pm »

You're overemphasizing the issue. I run an entire realm with no metal whatsoever and we're doing fine.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 08, 2016, 04:20:46 am »

Hope you enjoy Saendogen. That place was hemorrhaging food supplies anyway~

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #820 on: March 08, 2016, 04:43:53 am »

Folly, I had a moment of stupidity with Dike, I thought that you were the player who played Crya Hayes and Amelia Tenruin who made a post here about leaving. I am sorry about Dike taking it, when you didn't send her or me a message about it I thought I was correct with my assumption (Also you weren't exactly the most active person in realm discussions either, which is also kinda my fault for not giving you jobs))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 08, 2016, 05:19:10 am »

You're overemphasizing the issue. I run an entire realm with no metal whatsoever and we're doing fine.

It works fine up until the point you run into someone like Hawks that has metal oozing out of their pores and can drown you in heavy infantry and heavy cavalry, while the best you can manage is basic medium infantry.

Overall, Might & Fealty suffers too much from "But it has to be realistic~!" in place of "But it has to be fun."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #822 on: March 08, 2016, 05:26:51 am »

It works fine up until the point you run into someone like Hawks that has metal oozing out of their pores and can drown you in heavy infantry and heavy cavalry, while the best you can manage is basic medium infantry.

Overall, Might & Fealty suffers too much from "But it has to be realistic~!" in place of "But it has to be fun."
Exactly. I don't think that De-Lagro understands this. If the Children were to get attacked by Hawks we would never be able to hold them back. Not with at best medium infantry. The only even remotely concievable way we could beat them is by teaming up with all the surrounding nations (Black Road, Farudi, Terra, Tyvian, etc) and massing archers and javelin troops, even though the Hawks or anything could steamroll that because their smiths aren't limited to 20-something percent efficiency for the blacksmith and 13ish percent for weaponsmith, before focusing civilians to those jobs

Tom, De-Lagro and others have said outright that they want more action. That can't come from the West because we would simply get steamrolled.

As we saw with the Imperial Civil War, the quality soldiers trump masses every time.

I think that Tom could justify spawning in/changing a few settlement geographies around with tectonic activity or something.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 08, 2016, 02:13:02 pm »

I am sorry, but it looks like you are an unexperienced player and simply do not understand how warfare actually works in M&F.
Quite recently Ascalon had a major conflict with Hawks and House Markson alone managed to do so much damage to Hawks' host in Magvel they were forced to retreat. And House Markson has zero metal and mostly fields large hosts of medium infantry and archers.

This may in fact seem even less attractive to many players, but in M&F heavy troops don't win you wars, good strategic thinking and a lot of online time do.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 09, 2016, 06:37:54 am »

Pretty much true story there. I won a war where I was outmatched in quality as well. Metal doesn't mean much, it just helps. It doesn't decide things. Same can be said for Heavy Infantry. Right now, as we speak, I am getting attacked by 300 heavy infantry, and 200 heavy cavalry. I can't match those numbers, but I'll win the fight if I play it right.

If you're so hurting for metal, you should maybe join another realm that has it. Of the ones I've seen in the inn, it looks like old EI is doing a recruiting drive, and they have metal falling out of their pants. Arrowblack offers also seem to be good with metal.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 96