Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136703 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #795 on: February 27, 2016, 05:47:18 am »

I was making a point that 66 bandit soldiers are ~probably~ on par with 105 light spear+cloth
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 27, 2016, 05:58:22 am »

Hey, I'm Asriel Dreemurr in game (might change later). I swore an oath of loyalty just like you told me to, anything else i need to do to start off?

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 27, 2016, 09:27:07 pm »

Do we have any metal in CoA? I'll pay a lot of food for a moderate shipment.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #798 on: February 27, 2016, 09:37:17 pm »

Pfft, I wish we had some. Black Road controls the nearest source of metal to me and after that it's the Farudi.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #799 on: February 27, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »

Guy who played Folly, are you still around here?

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 27, 2016, 09:59:26 pm »

Pfft, I wish we had some. Black Road controls the nearest source of metal to me and after that it's the Farudi.
Do you know what settlement it is in Black Road that has a metal surplus? The Duchess of Castillo Blood told me she was hurting as badly as we are.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #801 on: February 27, 2016, 10:06:57 pm »

Baloleigh, Chetraesho, Rechreschot all have hills and thus metal. I really wish that Tom had put some mountains in the West, everyone is doing it tough and three metal-producing settlements in a realm with about thirty does not stretch far.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #802 on: February 29, 2016, 12:52:50 pm »

This game is nosediving towards unfun really fast right now. I might end up just cutting my losses and quitting playing Peran at least.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #803 on: February 29, 2016, 01:57:39 pm »

Please don't, Peran is awesome! There just happens to be stuff starting to happen again and it would be stressful to rule. As an example of this a bandit has just hit-and-run Taitharoux and I'm having trouble organizing a pursuit because I have no watchtowers. Then we have the incident of Arks Reair who went renegade and then we have the business with Astreous.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #804 on: February 29, 2016, 02:04:29 pm »

Please don't, Peran is awesome!

I appreciate that possibly more than you realise. :) It sometimes feels like I pile effort into role-playing characters consistently and distinctly without anyone noticing. :P

We'll see how everything plays out. It looks like Harwick might be going to be at least somewhat reasonable, which is helpful. I struggle to play Peran in these situations, though - any of my other characters would be easy, but nuuu, it's got to be Peran that gets herself made ruler of an empire. :P

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 29, 2016, 03:33:27 pm »

I hardly see anything of you. I guess I'm too low in any hierarchy. You're of Asithet Anoth, right? I'm in there, too.
Taste my Paci-Fist

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 01, 2016, 08:54:01 pm »

You'll burn out pretty quickly if you try to play this game to "win".
It's like agario game in a sense that you can blob for a long while but eventually someone will come and topple the cardhouse you've built. To think of it's pretty much like real life history too.
You'll find M&F much more satisfying if you see it as a sandbox for telling stories. Roll with the blows and see how your characters develop through triumph and failure.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #807 on: March 02, 2016, 01:30:59 am »

I hardly see anything of you. I guess I'm too low in any hierarchy. You're of Asithet Anoth, right? I'm in there, too.

Mainly I've been busy. I've been cruelly neglecting Asitet Anoth.

Edit: What is it with people and joining a realm with a religious theme with no apparent goal except building some strength and trying to completely change the religion? I've seen it twice now.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:38:14 am by Arx »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 03, 2016, 09:38:02 am »

Welp, that was that. Fuckin' bandit.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 03, 2016, 10:35:12 am »

Baloleigh, Chetraesho, Rechreschot all have hills and thus metal. I really wish that Tom had put some mountains in the West, everyone is doing it tough and three metal-producing settlements in a realm with about thirty does not stretch far.

Hills alone are no guarantee for metal. It's very rare outside of mountains.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 96