Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136627 times)

Cookie Monster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #450 on: November 23, 2015, 10:57:09 pm »

Is Armok still seeking newcomers?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 23, 2015, 11:37:10 pm »

Yes it is! We're about to have a massive war with an old, well-equipped barbarian realm and could use all the hands we can get. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 25, 2015, 04:10:27 am »

Lol, my bandit is getting jobs directly from one of the most powerful characters in the game. And a salary. None of my other characters get a salary :P

Bandits actually make for some really good political characters. They come with a big enough army that everyone listens to them when they say hello. If anyone manages to get a bandit, don't just mess with the military part... mess with the politics as well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:18:41 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 25, 2015, 04:40:43 am »

My one thing with bandits is I think that every time they loot a new settlement, they should attract more followers, or have some similar mechanic that you don't wander off into the wilderness and disband your one surviving warrior just to get rid of the character.

It does sort of depend where you spawn with the bandit, how much you can do with it. The one time I tried a bandit, I spawned in a pretty dead area with a lot of slumberblight estates that weren't doing much.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #454 on: November 25, 2015, 05:58:30 am »

Yeah, I got a lovely two-estate island that I couldn't leave because I couldn't use the dock. Wasn't great.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 25, 2015, 06:24:03 am »

So how would I go about setting up a country under Armokian control? I'm already a vassal of Children of Armok and Throne of Armok, and I've got a few estates under my control along with a couple estates held by vassal characters

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 25, 2015, 07:06:16 am »

So how would I go about setting up a country under Armokian control? I'm already a vassal of Children of Armok and Throne of Armok, and I've got a few estates under my control along with a couple estates held by vassal characters

Ask your liege to grant you the title.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 25, 2015, 07:12:46 pm »

Just ask Urist or Cognizine. Tell them what regions you own that you want under the county, and provide an English and if possible also Dwarven name, and it'll be done.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #458 on: November 26, 2015, 02:32:03 am »

I have somehow ended up only controlling one more estate than realms and embroiled in one war, one precarious situation, and one almost-certainly-a-war. So far so good for only four characters. Maybe I should start actually playing the fourth and see if I can rack up some more power...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 26, 2015, 11:13:50 am »

With a free account, you can only take 3 estates per character.

Well fuck.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:31:12 am by Glloyd »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #460 on: November 26, 2015, 11:28:57 am »

Yeah. I've actually just complained to Tom about the fact that there's no way to tell about that until it happens. The struggle is real.

And since I need to complain about it somewhere but it's kind of understandable so I'm not going to ask for it to be fixed, trying to wage a war against three characters controlled by the same player is a nightmare. I'd be willing to bet that the Black Road is the only realm in the West not being bulked out by multiple characters of the same player.

Edit: brace yourselves people.

Quote from: Tom
The next balance update will address a few problems related to large militias stationed at settlements. This is something we do not want very much (we want more war and less turtling). However, the main issue fixed is simply a bug: Soldiers provided too much resource production, more than the manual states (50% of a peasant).
This has been fixed now, but settlements with large militia, especially when large compared to the population, will see a considerable reduction in productivity.

This fix will go online soon, so check your settlements for potential trouble.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:45:08 am by Arx »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 26, 2015, 12:01:54 pm »

I get why he has it like that, the dude's gotta make bank somehow. But still, it doesn't say it anywhere that there's restrictions, and in the payment concept it suggests that the only difference between paying and not paying is just the number of characters you can have. Pretty annoying, because honestly I don't really plan on paying for M&F in the immediate future.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #462 on: November 26, 2015, 12:05:55 pm »

I get why he has it like that, the dude's gotta make bank somehow. But still, it doesn't say it anywhere that there's restrictions, and in the payment concept it suggests that the only difference between paying and not paying is just the number of characters you can have. Pretty annoying, because honestly I don't really plan on paying for M&F in the immediate future.

I made the exact same comment this morning, and Tom should fix it soon. If he doesn't, I'll start accusing him of lying to players until he does.

And yeah, I don't plan on paying either, in large part because I honestly don't think it's good enough to pay for. If Tom actually ever said what he was doing, I might think about it, but I doubt I'll be giving him money in the near future.

Does anybody know anything about how the combat system actually works? I have a number of ideas to promote more warfare and combat, but I don't want to suggest anything that's actually already implemented and I just didn't notice. Particularly things regarding terrain, etc.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:09:23 pm by Arx »

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 26, 2015, 01:03:26 pm »

Does anybody know anything about how the combat system actually works? I have a number of ideas to promote more warfare and combat, but I don't want to suggest anything that's actually already implemented and I just didn't notice. Particularly things regarding terrain, etc.

Most of the knowledge of combat is just speculation, but some things have been said. There is no rocks-paper-scissors, so a spear is always better than an axe, and a crossbow always better than a shortbow. That is for sure.
More experienced soldiers have higher morale (are harder to rout), and are more effective in the use of their weapons. A soldier with 100 experience and a broadsword will be much more effective than one with 0 and the same equipment. Much higher than if they both had axes, for example, as there is less room to improve with such a crude weapon.
Primary (halberd, mace, longbow) and secondary weapon (short sword) are counted together in melee combat, so your troops attack with both at the same time, and don't have to choose between them.

The following is my own speculation:
From what I gather, first comes the shooting priority in the ranged phase: mounted archers first, then longbows, then crossbows, then shortbows. The arrows are likely to have different damages.
Then it comes the melee phase, in which cavalry hit first. Every weapon seems to have attack and defense values, so your longbows are more likely to survive combat than shortbows (either they have higher defense, or they are less likely to be targeted).

Horses tend to kick ass, but they are quite expensive to make, as they take lots of food.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 26, 2015, 01:18:14 pm »

The struggle is real.
First world problems. :D

I actually believe that three-estate-rule is very good for the game and would rather payed accounts were somehow limited in this regard too. It prevents players from just hoarding lands and sitting on them and instead forces them to rely on vassals heavily.
I've been playing on a free account for a while and it didn't deter me from becoming a Duke and running a 20-province duchy. Only upgraded subscription to have some fun in the west.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 96