Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136510 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2015, 03:58:21 am »

Ok, I used my last character slot to spawn at Kaikilar, will go west-ish and quickly start claiming.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2015, 06:18:10 am »

PSA: If you see a bandit, get outta dodge. An Ascalonian knight just got killed by one in one of my border estates. They're very, very dangerous at the moment. A hundred assorted troops will do heavy damage to most armies (unless you're toting your entire realm's military might wherever you go).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:34:34 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2015, 06:36:04 am »

Are bandits PCs or NPCs?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2015, 06:38:44 am »

Are bandits PCs or NPCs?

They're controlled by players, but they spawn at random, have no allegiances, and have a few mechanics in place to stop players from using them in too directed a manner. They're by and large not stupid, although they do quite often go for the first available option and stop there.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2015, 07:03:00 am »

Actually, there was an option to control a bandit on my profile right now, so I did so. I'm just wondering how long a bandit remains under one player's control? Is it time-limited or until death of the bandit.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:07:54 am by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2015, 07:22:48 am »

Actually, there was an option to control a bandit on my profile right now, so I did so. I'm just wondering how long a bandit remains under one player's control? Is it time-limited or until death of the bandit.

Until the death of the bandit. It's a good way to get used to hostile interaction without getting invested.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 12, 2015, 08:15:03 am »

Well. This is a debacle.

My characters have been rather busy recently, and I'm actually growing to become a possible force against anyone with my Ascalon/Arrekesh  characters, and I have a character in an independent kingdom, Ark Valyor, (note that in OP, please!) And he's probably going to join the new Dwarven empire.. if he doesn't get sucked into Ascalon, which he might with what he's currently knee-deep in right now.

EDIT - Also, I now have a Daraka Valyor character, now in the Sons of Armok kingdom.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:21:57 am by BluarianKnight »
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #292 on: November 12, 2015, 10:47:30 am »

You're already kinda sorta part of the dwarven empire, since that's where Peran is going. I don't mind if you switch to Ascalon, though.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 12, 2015, 12:22:00 pm »

You're already kinda sorta part of the dwarven empire, since that's where Peran is going. I don't mind if you switch to Ascalon, though.
Meh, I dunno with Ark yet. I've already made a second character directly INTO the Dwarven Empire in case I go for Ascalon, if not.. well, I have two characters that may be in the empire.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 12, 2015, 08:12:03 pm »

I find it quite jarring that people have so many characters. I mean in a lot of games like this, just having 2 characters is weird, because you'll be seeing things from all over the region, and will have characters with conflict of interest. 4 characters on free and going up to 50 characters for full membership seems really off.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 12, 2015, 09:43:33 pm »

Any plans for the other non-dwarven kingdoms?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2015, 12:06:16 am »

Cognizine took Nemingen. Would be nice if we coordinated which places we're taking. Artum is going for Bovaisal then.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2015, 01:54:01 am »

We can actually join each other's claims and speed them up so we get through them much faster, for the record.

But yes, we should probably start announcing claims. Itll be a bitch to keep updated though. I'm literally just sending characters to the nearest profitable region, taking militia, and setting takeover. Once we've got land, we can properly re-distribute it. The vast majority of what my characters take will be given away, I only plan to hold a small bit of land in the capitol area above the lake, furthest from everything else. All others will be given to whoever wants them. :) Rathgar is taking land above the lake, the best local regions. :| Try to take the good ones before they do, because we WILL have to fight them over it. Rathgar are blood-thirsty bastards, much of the time, and one of the only realms that will literally attack anyone over anything for absolutely no reason, because VIKINGS!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2015, 02:00:07 am »

I've just gone with three of my characters being siblings, which gives some justification to the meta-knowledge and provides some interesting motivations. The other one's in the Void, so I don't count them.

Any plans for the other non-dwarven kingdoms?

Which ones? The ones Ehndras is/was planning?

There are two more knight offers up (Otramold), grab 'em while they're fresh. One of them comes with the estate. Or don't take them, be sensible and go to the Children directly. Probably a better idea.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2015, 03:14:38 am »

I have a claim going on Chelmicir, the character is affiliated with Lowlands Confederation. I'll try and carve out a little border area that's friendly to both sides.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 96