Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136398 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1290 on: April 17, 2017, 05:57:55 am »

But I still have enough population to support the buildings. For example, my blacksmith AND my leather tanner broke down in Batranant, blacksmith needs 250 people to be built, leather tanner needs 300 people. There are at least 816 workers in the village.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 17, 2017, 07:59:20 am »

Was there a very highly negative food production at the time, e.g. due to large armies nearby? It might be that they also abandon working in the buildings in the face of massive food shortages, even if pop is higher.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 17, 2017, 02:40:44 pm »

Was there a very highly negative food production at the time, e.g. due to large armies nearby? It might be that they also abandon working in the buildings in the face of massive food shortages, even if pop is higher.

That's probably why, I suppose. Alexander is entering the area with a large group of soldiers.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 18, 2017, 09:39:02 am »

I'm usually pretty good at these type of games or figuring out complicated games... however this is one that has be stumped.
It's extremely hard to get into despite the numerous tutorial emails afterwards.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 18, 2017, 09:52:29 am »

Really? I'm still pretty active, PM me with questions.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1295 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:34 pm »

Also Lu Liang Jiang is likely about to be very dead because army disappeared when she slumbered. 120 H inf /cav. /shrug.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 21, 2017, 03:03:27 am »

Oh shit, I just received the call to arms. Or, well, just remembered about receiving it. >.>    
Can't really log in and do stuff right now, but I'll try and do so tomorrow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 21, 2017, 04:44:31 am »

Othar Malley's still kicking and is lord of 1 town.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 21, 2017, 05:51:33 am »

So Ascalon invaded a Lowlands Tor (which actually sits on stolen Ascalonian territory) and Western Confederation together with Armok are sending troops to help the Tor in question because apparently Lowlands, WC, Armok and everything else in the north-east is controlled by the same people who don't bother with trying to justify their involvement. Ascalon is considering striking at WC and Armok to stop them from sending troops south to ooc-affiliated territories. As a cherry on top, Grand Fate receives a letter from the leader of Suaralis who says a lot of people will quit the game if Ascalon attacks WC and Armok.

I was already unimpressed when I realized Armok was just creating a slew of placeholder puppet states around it instead of creating a diverse environment for people to roleplay in. And now Reelya is blackmailing the community promising to quit the game and tell other bay12ers to do likewise if Ascalon engages in PvP with him. This is simply retarded.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 21, 2017, 10:19:22 am »

Whaaaaaaaaat?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:20 pm »

The west isn't sending troops at all.

Armok sent troops to Tor Nidsik months ago, when Tor Nidsik was attacked by Erstes Imperium, the in-character reason was because Tor Nidsik was at war with the Halfhavens, and the Halfhavens had invaded Children of Armok back in oct/nov of last year, making them blood enemies. Some of those troops were probably still in the garrisons of Tor Nidsik or something. There hasn't been enough time since Ascalon attacked for anyone from the West to even talk about the war let alone send any specific help vs Ascalon. Everyone in WC is too tied up in repopulating the slumbered areas to talk about politics outside the kingdom.

I'm going to pull out of the game if my towns are invaded, but I'm not telling anyone to do likewise, I've offered my towns to them, that's a whole different thing. I've messaged other actives here asking them if they want to take over some of my towns, including Arx, Coleslaw etc. That is the exact opposite of telling people to leave.

I decided to pull out of after people in the game told me that multiple large empires wanted to invade the area in a coalition attack. It's better for me to pull out completely and hand the area to smaller players, who have a better chance of negotiating with the invaders, than I do. I was on the verge of handing my western towns to a non-bay12 player in WC, and the eastern stuff to Coleslaw, but then I was told of expanded plans by Ascalon to invade all of WC, now I'm in a hard place. Do I drag those other players into destruction too? So I had to nix those plans lest I get other uninvolved players destroyed.

So, I have other in-game players telling me that they're invading to get me, specicially, more or less. Am I going to sit there and drag all the other locals down with me, or resign and let others have a chance to salvage things? What options do I have Wereboar?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:06:44 pm by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 21, 2017, 04:13:20 pm »

The point with the letter to Grand Fate is that other than 1-2 old players with a small number of settlements each, almost all of Suaralis and WC now is populated with new players recruited by knight's offers who have no bay12 connection at all. They're all focused on staking their individual holdings out and reclaiming slumbered settlements. An attack on the whole region would in fact steamroll over mostly newbies who would then get jack of the game.

It's not a threat to mass-boycott the game at all, Wereboar. Those aren't characters or players who have any connection with us. They'll get invaded, not have a clue why, then if they organize a resistance, Ascalon will point the finger saying this proves what they were saying all along. And this is going to be a good impression on the new players as to the game's culture exactly how? It's just a fact that a bunch of them will probably get jack of the game if all their settlements are roflstomped by a world empire.

And if I do help organize a resistance to Ascalon's invasion are you and them going to use that as further "proof" that it's merely bay12 pulling the strings? So basically I have a large group of newbies and I either let them get invaded and don't help, in order to maintain neutrality, or I help them and then Wereboar can accused them of being bay12 lackeys because someone from bay12 helped to organize them.

As far as I'm aware only one active character in all of WC is bay12 (mine) and they only have 3 towns. The only other is one player who recently joined the game from bay12, wanted somewhere to settle so I got him to take over my couple of towns in Rastoa, with the express purposes of reducing my connection to the WC area. My last remaining character in WC mostly spends their time churning out knight's offers, in an attempt to fill up Terra Vigila.

None of the realm leaders in WC are even bay12 connected, the Symonds retired, Lu Bu slumbered, I never took up any leadership position at all. All the current elected leaders are from the Idraei generation - Connor Westlash rules Terra Vigila, Haragar Hadradi rules Xodor and is Emperor, I voted in Sanaya Eltor, a non-bay12 player to run Rastoa, when I could have easily voted in my own character. It's the exact opposite of what you say, I've worked behind the scenes to split the area off and spread ownership to as many non-bay12 related people as possible, because of what you said before during the Suaralis thing.

So yeah it is ridiculous for me to hold onto my last three towns and for that silly reason drag a whole realm full of unrelated people into some Armok related thing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:03:48 pm by Reelya »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 21, 2017, 05:24:16 pm »

Firstly, why do you keep pushing this sentiment that someone is plotting against bay12ers specifically? As you can see, I'm a bay12er myself and for quite longer time than most.
I don't appreciate your insinuating that attacks against your clique are attacks against the entire bay12 community.
Secondly, I have my doubts about your entire premise. Some large Empires planning to attack WC? There are like three or four left and they don't give a damn about WC and Armok.
Lastly, why did you even start playing this game if you literally can not handle conflict? It's not like you're being overwhelmed, it's an even war with a more or less equal enemy. What do you even expect from pvp games?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 21, 2017, 05:30:52 pm »

Firstly, why do you keep pushing this sentiment that someone is plotting against bay12ers specifically? As you can see, I'm a bay12er myself and for quite longer time than most.

Exactly where did I do that? I never made that point.

EDITED let's start by breaking down specific claims, let's talk actual politics.

Lowlands, WC, Armok and everything else in the north-east is controlled by the same people who don't bother with trying to justify their involvement.

Patently a false statement.

- I have two minor characters in lowlands, with 6 towns. They don't have rulership positions, and I'm not actually aware of a single other bay12er with a Lowlands character. They might exist, but I don't know who they could be. There are some slumbered bay12 players with characters there, nobody who's active or important.

- In Western Confederation, I have 1 char, 3 towns and no leadership position. I know of one other bay12er, JamesCorella, who settled in Rastoa a couple of weeks ago and has three towns. That is the full extent of the bay12 "clique" in Western Confederation, since the Symonds and Lu Bu both slumbered. The rulers in WC are all pre-existing Idraei people, and there are new knights who came via knights offers. WC therefore doesn't have any strong lowlands or armok connections.

- In Suaralis, it's being actively divvied up with knights offers to a bunch of whoever takes the offer. There was bay12 involvement, but it was agree on with Vanessa Calinus to split it up, and this has been carried out. As for who's taking the offers that could be anyone, as far as I know none of them even have bay12 connections.

that only leaves Children of Armok with any significant connection to bay12 people in the region.

now Reelya is blackmailing the community promising to quit the game and tell other bay12ers to do likewise if Ascalon engages in PvP with him. This is simply retarded.

But like I pointed out, there aren't any significant amount of bay12ers in these other realms that I'm aware of. It's not an ultimatum, i'm citing your logic from when you warned us not to affiliate Suaralis with Western Confederation, you said that would reduce the possibility for politics thus destroy player involvement. I'm just making the same argument about an Ascalon invasion. If the whole NW becomes Ascalon then it will die that much faster.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:33:17 pm by Reelya »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 21, 2017, 06:28:12 pm »

What does bay12 as a whole even have to do with this situation? Why do you keep bringing this up? That's exactly what I was talking about, stop pretending I or anyone else is after bay12ers in general.
I have a feeling you're just running some smear campaign here. Lies, slander and obfuscation in every post.
The biggest lie of course being that anyone was going to attack Suaralis or even Western Confederation in the first place. Admittedly I fell for it myself at first but then I did my own little investigation and it turned out to be a one huge hoax.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 96