Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136544 times)

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1065 on: November 04, 2016, 04:00:17 pm »

Any good places for a noob to start in?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 05, 2016, 12:43:45 am »

Tor Kortaur (the western part) / Tor Graves area needs settlers, the area's quiet, affiliated with us. The area is soon to become a dependency of bay12's Armok. We're basically in the process of building a powerful realm merging 4 smaller current realms, which has Lowlander and Armok members, and then that will come under the Armok banner. It'll become a thriving area providing backup for neighboring allied realms. So it's interesting because we'll have a lot of different voices deciding what we should do.

Rastoa Duchy area west of Armok needs settlers too, but it's the border area with someone we're at war with. That ones interesting because you'll be a plains settler in newly carved out lands right next to a large hostile enemy, we'll have big armies marching around, alliances and enemies galore in the region.

What would be cool is if you could spawn at least 1 guy in both those areas start at Reweston, pledge to Lu BU then ask him for directions. Start another at Valexin, pledge to Tenebris Valefar, ask her for directions. Insanegamer is Lu Bu, I'm Valefar.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 12:50:20 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1067 on: November 05, 2016, 12:51:19 am »

OK, Idraei has an army of about 300 at the gates of Reweston. Reweston has an alchemist, a palisade a wood wall and wood towers. Lu Bu has 128ish assorted heavy horse and foot, but no archers. If reinforcements get to Reweston in time, it'll be a cakewalk and we'll have halfhaven at our mercy (or lack thereof)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1068 on: November 05, 2016, 01:00:09 am »

With all those fortifications I expect it will be a massacre anyway. There's effectively no way to take a town with defenses in this game.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1069 on: November 05, 2016, 01:07:58 am »

I know that it's hard to take a town like that firsthand
https://i.imgsafe.org/d769cd4415.png
My first pitched battle.

Either way, I have no archers, and archers are a major thing in a defense. I would like some help. Lu Bu could delay them maybe 2 or 3 game days if they attacked right now. Lu Bei is 4 game days away with 280+ soldiers (including longbowmen) so any soldiers lost in the defense will be compensatable for those who come to his aid.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 05, 2016, 01:12:25 am »

https://i.imgsafe.org/d769cd4415.png
My first pitched battle.

Gosh, that sure looks pretty intense. I've never been in a fight involving more than 200 men :P

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1071 on: November 05, 2016, 01:18:30 am »

That was Dubh Dun with a little support from nearby Lowlands tribes (back when there was about twenty of em) versus three or four major Rathgar clans.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 05, 2016, 01:32:16 am »

Paul Chelton was my guy. I had him pick up spares and just dropped them off. Those 44 are your reinforcements. Paul will also join the battle because every bit helps.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1073 on: November 05, 2016, 01:40:06 am »

Oh, cool. Do we have any more reinforcements coming for Reweston?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 05, 2016, 01:53:06 am »

Yeah, I dispatched knight Mikhail Tarkon. He arrives in 1.8 days with 130 men. Let's hope they can help. Even if Halfhaven wins, I don't know if he can beat a fresh troop of 130 after fighting you guys. And the best thing about Paul being my guy is that rather than 44 troops down, you're 44 troops up. Which is double your money.

But the thing is, Halfhaven's troops aren't even that good. Does he think he can beat 130 heavies with 200 medium?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:55:20 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1075 on: November 05, 2016, 01:55:19 am »

I'll just add him to the list of people allowed into Reweston...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 05, 2016, 01:57:21 am »

Mikhail Tarkon also has XX traits, that's a double-dose of the "fast movement / combat bonuses in desert and scrublands. He could be useful later on, although we should do an objective comparison of his movement rate in desert vs other characters.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:58:55 am by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1077 on: November 05, 2016, 01:58:49 am »

How experienced are the heavies?

Mikhail Tarkon also has XX traits, that's a double-dose of the "fast movement / combat bonuses in desert and scrublands. He could be useful later since so much of Idraei is like that.

Have those actually been implemented yet?

Operation: Reassemble Asitet is going okay. Coleslaw, do you know if there are any remaining anythings actually part of Asitet Anoth? If not, I'm going to have to ask someone with a paid account to help me reform it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 05, 2016, 01:59:28 am »

I hope, but if not, it makes no difference who I sent so it's RP.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 05, 2016, 02:04:23 am »

Settlements are really not that hard to take. The only time realistically when you have to worry is if they have a wood castle and stone walls. Then yeah, massacres happen. But then you don't really attack the settlement, you just starve it to the point that the castle falls into disrepair, and kill everyone who comes to reinforce.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 96