Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136540 times)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1050 on: November 04, 2016, 05:04:07 am »

A ruler named Brogus, a town named Brogus, a kingdom named "You is Brogus bitch now"
Was that the best you could come up with? Come on, you can surely use every tool paid account gives you to gain an edge in a war but don't turn it into farce.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 04, 2016, 05:18:21 am »

Brogus doesn't even have an army he's just one dude and his kids running around behind enemy lines. At this stage, no Armok troops have even crossed the border. Yet we still have conquests. What does that suggest about the accuracy of the slogan?

I made him on a whim, expecting him to be killed instantly. But somehow he's conquered WALLED cities which had militia in them, without needing to start with any troops himself. They had an empty town, Brogus' kid took that. 1 day later 40 medium infantry trained, he then used that to conquer a walled city, and now their own bandit cavalry unit is attack their own city manned by their own troops set on "defend settlement". Yeah, Brogus totally made them his personal bitch, which is why they're upset about it.

So yeah, I made a dumb character. But the even dumber enemy allowed him to have a kingdom. After all, they invaded us in a per-meditated attack but can't even secure their own border against an idiot who literally ran in with a rusty spoon.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:43:03 am by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1052 on: November 04, 2016, 05:35:08 am »

Just a quick note that disagreeing is cool and all but let's keep it civil, please. Have it out all you want, just let's not insult anyone personally.

Carry on.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 04, 2016, 05:37:39 am »

I was using you in the colloquial sense, not the personal sense. As in "you should always wear your seatbelt".

Unless Wereboar is actually Taka Francis...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1054 on: November 04, 2016, 05:40:03 am »

Not particularly trying to imply anyone is over the line right now, sorry about that. Just trying to keep it chill, this is a game it's easy to get worked up over.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1055 on: November 04, 2016, 05:44:48 am »

I do think the Brogas thing is a little too OOC-in-IC for my taste, but I have seen FAR FAR worse (including people changing bandit descriptions to absolute crap like 'She is covered in tattoos of male genitalia' and I say that verbatim, too)

The fact is that we've been utterly dominating this war without so much as crossing our own border. The worst hit we've taken so far would be wither the loss of Anna or Suaralis caving in to Terra Vigila and losing that distraction. Alexander duPhresne is in a bit of a pickle, but otherwise fine. He's only outnumbered (before any reinforcements show up) by ten soldiers (he is however vastly out-equipped). OK, Alex did cross Idraei's border, but in his defense he was in Suaralis lands by the time the war was declared, so technically he wasn't in the wrong.

However, I am a bit peeved that Suaralis just caved in literally the day after Alex offered RASTOA support to them. And he sent a message showing what he thought to the 'leader' of Suaralis.

I mean, we didn't even ask for this war. We took back our village after someone raided it sending 100% of everything back to Idraei and all of a sudden the Queen herself comes as a messenger demanding that justice be served on the person who encroached Idraei's borders. After explaining our logic to the Queen, she says that her husband is gunning for war. And hey, if Idraei so stronk, why can we take semi-major troop production centers with indep. rabble?

Who IS Taka Francis, BTW?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:46:39 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 04, 2016, 05:56:59 am »

I don't have a dog in that fight but it sucks to see a roleplaying game being turned into "kekeke, pwnt that bitch, lol" crap.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 04, 2016, 06:10:25 am »

I don't have a dog in that fight but it sucks to see a roleplaying game being turned into "kekeke, pwnt that bitch, lol" crap.
Actually, it always was like that. It's just that Might&Fealty hasn't managed to go away from that, and that's due to a lot of factors imo, like the ability to minmax and being generally exploity (Takeovers have always been an issue).

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 04, 2016, 08:57:29 am »

I mean, we didn't even ask for this war. We took back our village after someone raided it sending 100% of everything back to Idraei and all of a sudden the Queen herself comes as a messenger demanding that justice be served on the person who encroached Idraei's borders. After explaining our logic to the Queen, she says that her husband is gunning for war. And hey, if Idraei so stronk, why can we take semi-major troop production centers with indep. rabble?

Who IS Taka Francis, BTW?

I did not know I sounded like I was demanding justice. I was just trying to IC discover what your side of the story was. Taka Francis is the count of Yoka and is more or less the solo reason the war is happening. Also Idraei really isnt that strong Terra and Xodor are somewhat capable but I dont think the rest really is.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 04, 2016, 08:59:41 am »

Man, WTF. I just figured out how to check the completion time of non-battle actions, and it turns out the town I've been taking for over a day with fifteen troops is going to take three more days to capture. These are IRL days I'm talking, here.

All the town's defenders are dead, so there's no-one to stop me.
If it was a case of taking the town immediately, then having to gradually strengthen your control over it, that would make some sense. But this is just bizarre, not to mention rather disheartening. Are there any plans on that being adjusted, at all?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:30 am »

Yeah i got rid of Brogus. It wasn't meant to be an enduring thing or a comment about the war at all really, i was just messing around and liked the idea of a dumb as shit barbarian who styles himself emperor and basically can only yell his own name. It just happened that I made this at the very moment I was at war with someone who was so complacent he couldn't be bothered to garrison his towns. Then suddenly Brogus had actual territories despite the odds.

Brogus was meant to get stomped straight away: because you guys were supposedly invading us! He was sort of accidentally successful, then Idraei decided I was deliberately taunting them.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:09:02 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 04, 2016, 09:07:57 am »

RIP Brogus.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 04, 2016, 10:05:47 am »

Initial Troops
    107 light infantry
    228 medium infantry
    92 archers
    12 heavy cavalry
Vs.
    69 medium infantry
    7 light infantry
    9 archers

We're the top one. I'm not as excited about this as for the 320 vs 240 one. It's a Xodor person, though. Before the battle I apologized for having to attack them, and I hope they're captured so that I can release them. There's no quarter with the Yoka people however.

EDIT: Well, we did 91 hits in the ranged phase, and there were only 86 enemies, so that counts for something I guess. Didn't get to capture the leader however.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:33:42 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1063 on: November 04, 2016, 03:49:34 pm »

If they're in our borders, Xodor personnel are fair game. They just have the opportunity to be ransomned off to their Queen rather than a summary execution if they choose to fight us.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 04, 2016, 03:59:36 pm »

Executions are boring. A prisoner one of my characters took in a recent war is now my vassal. Now that's exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 96