Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Things That Made You Nervous Today  (Read 19605 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Made You Nervous Today
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 11:05:49 pm »

I'm contemplating joining a local tabletop gaming group and my nervousness is off the charts.
Seriously, my chest is tight and all that cliche bullshit and I haven't even RSVP'd to the event yet. >.>

Edit: Gosh, no-one else around here gets nervous about things?
Well I'm nervous right now thanks to social media, so there.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:37:30 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 02:38:07 pm »

Tabletop gaming didn't bother my social anxieties as much as I expected it to, but I did recently get prodded by my play-by-post roleplaying group to try some voice chat games.

Yeah... the thought of doing that in person / real time with voice makes me fairly nervous.

On the other hand, it seems like a half dozen unrelated things keep pushing my anxiety button lately.  People in said RP group quitting it for various reasons, people being sick, work related uncertainties, a looming deadline for my dissertation...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2016, 01:33:11 am »

It seems to be taking me a longer time these days to recall non-everyday information. This is bad; being a brainiac is all I've got going for me.

(hopsfully it's just a result of my messed up sleeping habits, which my doctor is already looking into treatments for.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2016, 12:05:16 pm »

Missed sleep will absolutely destroy your memory.  Believe me, I know.  Supposedly stress can cause chemical changes in your brain that also causes memory deficiency.  I'm inclined to believe that too.

Actually, as a cautionary tale, I'd advise people to not go for extremely long periods of significant sleep deprivation if they can avoid it.  I was an idiot and spent more than a year getting about 5 hours of sleep a night during the week so that I could play games with friends.  Making it up on the weekend doesn't work.  Even now, years later, I continue to have pretty clear memory problems as a result.  Alarmingly bad memory problems sometimes.

I've never heard of sleep deprivation causing permanent memory damage before, but I wouldn't suggest experimenting with it.

Of course Alzheimer's runs in my family, but I'm only 28 years old, so I sure hope I'm not contracting early Alzheimer's.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2016, 12:09:29 pm »

Took an exam last Friday, and was supposed to get the thing back today. The professor told us she'd not had a chance to get through them all because she had to make "more corrections than expected." Now I wasn't feeling great about it in the first place, but if she's trying to mess with us, it's working.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2016, 07:14:28 am »

Need to do something about that fine I received... over a month ago now. And soon, before the gub'mint comes to jack all my stuff. Not that I have much stuff.
Seems like a bad thing to procrastinate about. Whoops.

Edit: Making jokes over the internet can be nerve-wracking. I never know for sure if I've actually being funny outside my imagination, or completely lame.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:49:45 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2016, 03:08:22 am »

Missed sleep will absolutely destroy your memory.  Believe me, I know.  Supposedly stress can cause chemical changes in your brain that also causes memory deficiency.  I'm inclined to believe that too.

Actually, as a cautionary tale, I'd advise people to not go for extremely long periods of significant sleep deprivation if they can avoid it.  I was an idiot and spent more than a year getting about 5 hours of sleep a night during the week so that I could play games with friends.  Making it up on the weekend doesn't work.  Even now, years later, I continue to have pretty clear memory problems as a result.  Alarmingly bad memory problems sometimes.

I've never heard of sleep deprivation causing permanent memory damage before, but I wouldn't suggest experimenting with it.

Of course Alzheimer's runs in my family, but I'm only 28 years old, so I sure hope I'm not contracting early Alzheimer's.

My grandmother had Alzheimer's

:(
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2016, 08:04:31 pm »

There's this person I like (platonically), and we used to have quite a lot of contact over the last couple weeks - hadn't really known each other before. Now I haven't heard from her in a couple days. And the whole situation around us is weird as fuck (tl;dr: Pretty much each of her friends has a different good reason to hate me, and I refuse to talk to her best friend), so I'm a bit afraid she's decided the whole thing is just too complicated and she thus needs to cut me off... Which I could totally understand - hell, I've told her in the past that's what she should to - but the uncertainty is what really gets me.

Blurgh, I should probably just man up and ping her. But I don't wanna muscle in on her D:
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2016, 08:09:44 pm »

Eh, she's shy/awkward enough that even that much would constitute muscling in.

Plus I don't wanna seem wimpy either. It's just that she's pretty much a pushover (she's told me as much), and I'm horrified of accidentally, well, pushing her.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2016, 01:00:29 pm »

*applies (platonic) calmpat*
It's going to be okay.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2016, 01:04:07 pm »

It's going to be okay.
Also Saturday.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2016, 01:09:19 pm »

It's going to be okay.
Unless you needed something that is arriving Wednesday morning.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2016, 09:08:10 pm »

It's going to be okay.

In other news, my team has been bumped out of automatically qualifying for worlds by like 5 places.  We can probably make it but I'm kind of freaking out.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2016, 02:21:14 pm »

It's now or never. actually tuesday but y'know, now's easiest.
Good luck.

In related news, we did not make it this time.  AAAAAA
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2016, 07:24:02 pm »

Neither am I, really.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12