Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Things That Made You Nervous Today  (Read 19603 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Made You Nervous Today
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2015, 01:58:15 am »

Oh dear.
I hope it's nothing serious.

In all likelihood it's probably just the combined result of allergies, my anxiety problems, and an excessive number of extra helpings at christmas dinner and desert

One way or another though I intend to bring it up with my doctor the next time I see him.

At any rate I certainly don't seem to have the loss of appetite that's apparently often one of the telltale symptoms of congestive heart failure.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:04:05 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2015, 01:59:44 am »

Thank goodness.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2015, 02:00:15 am »

Wrong button!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2015, 09:49:29 am »

Wrong button!
Funny, this post reminds me of how I used to cry out "Wrong button!" whenever I spaced out or fumbled something I was doing as a kid.
Oh, and if I knocked something over noisily I would shout "Nothing happened!" to preclude anyone getting upset with me. I think at least the habit was weird enough that people would be more bemused than mad about whatever item I might have damaged.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2015, 12:39:11 am »

Not quite terrified thread material, but close: I'm getting the results of the most important exams of my life at midnight tonight.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 01:10:37 am »

Hope you did well, Arx...
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 04:02:40 am »

You're studying medicine, right? Man, you guys have messed-up examination regulations.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2015, 04:44:35 am »

You're studying medicine, right? Man, you guys have messed-up examination regulations.

Heh, no. I thought about going into medicine but decided not to (partly because of that). I am fascinated by it though, and I have studied it quite a lot, but not formally.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2015, 09:48:43 am »

When I got in to work this morning one of my coworkers told me that the entire company got pulled together for a meeting yesterday while I wasn't here.

We're moving to a smaller office over the next 3 months, the current owner of the company is no longer with us and we sold off 5% of our company to another company.

Now... that could just be because we're partners with that company, because our previous owner just moved on to bigger and better things and because we don't need all of the space we have here, but... it's still worrisome.

I really, really hate anxiety.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 04:48:35 pm »

I am nervously excited for the extreme amount of partying I plan on doing this evening.
On the one hand I am going to see some great bands, drink plenty of booze and hopefully catch up with a decent amount of friends and make some new ones, but on the other hand there is the ever-present danger of me just being awkward and shit and making a fool of myself instead. Hopefully I can achieve MAXIMUM PARTY.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2016, 09:48:52 pm »

Lost a filling on wednesday because I went to sleep he day before without my nightguard. Now I need to get to the dentist before his becomes a serious problem.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2016, 10:02:03 pm »

Panic attack type thing at family christmas dinner. No idea why, one moment just having normal conversation, next off to toilet to hide hyperventilation from everyone. First time they've ever happened in that context, which is probably why it escalated to full-blown hyperventilation. Damn thing snuck up on me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:05:21 pm by MorleyDev »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 01:55:30 am »

Sending a message to my 2017 self in the time capsule thread made me nervous just now, strangely enough.
Keep feeling like I should have said more important stuff, that I'm leaving something out, wasn't funny enough, or even simply that I'll cringe at it next year.
Ugh, I probably should have discussed music a bit more. Oh well... maybe I should edit it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2016, 04:04:13 pm »

My college email account just got canceled because it's been too long since I graduated. Now I have to try and remember all of the forums and subscriptions and online services associated with that account and transfer them over to one of my other email accounts. And if I can't remember the passwords to any of those services I'm hosed because they'll send the recovery email to the old email account that doesn't work anymore.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2016, 04:06:43 pm »

Yeah, I never use my school email for accounts...
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12