Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Things That Made You Nervous Today  (Read 19596 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Made You Nervous Today
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 12:25:50 pm »

I HAVE FOUR MODULES IN PSYCHOLOGY THIS WEEK. AND AN ENDOSCOPY ON WEDNESDAY.
That sounds like Terrified thread material.  Yikes.  Good luck with all the things.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 03:09:03 pm »

obviously the size of my massive co honestly the fact that i'm trying to make a's in all my classes and also work at the same time

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 03:36:39 pm »

I need to do the same thing I had to yesterday today, but I wore the shirt I want to wear today yesterday and thus I can't wear it again today. The shirt I wore yesterday and want to wear today is probably the reason I made it through yesterday with my sanity (more-or-less) intact.

I'll see how I go with a t-shirt that doesn't fit me well and a woollen jumper over it. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:09 am »

I'm going to my cousin's wedding next week and she lives out of state so we're f;ying there. That means that not only do I have to go through the ordeal of getting all my best clothes together for the event, but I also have to go thru airport security; I always worry that all of my (harmless) stuff will get confiscated due to their increasingly paranoid regulations.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 04:59:32 am »

I think someone's trying to hack my steam account again; I got a recovery text I didn't ask for. I can't check into it though because I'll be away from my house for the next 4 days for my cousin's wedding.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 05:06:37 am »

Methinks a serious attempt would use social engineering, not triggering recovery texts to a phone that the hacker doesn't even possess.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 05:30:12 am »

Methinks a serious attempt would use social engineering, not triggering recovery texts to a phone that the hacker doesn't even possess.

It's just that getting this probably means that someone else tried to log in. And I'm a little nervous because I've had my account hacked before.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 06:27:24 am »

I have a seminar talk on monday, and I haven't done much for it so far. The topic is not that difficult, but I fear that I'll procrastinate and not have the time to do the last 10% of work that make the difference between okay and pretty good. I'd hate that because I'm actually fairly good in that field.

Also romantic stuff, but that was to be expected.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 09:35:33 pm »

Not as much a 'Today' but rather a lifelong problem I've had, since childhood, kudos to being hit with far too many pranks and intentional vagueness by peers across the ages.

Ever get deathly afraid to ask of/for almost anything? Mostly because you "know" what the answer will be? I only say "know" in quotations because it's not always an established fact of knowing, but rather a conditioned 'Always First Option' that comes to mind (toss in the fact I am also a hardcore pessimist, for some additional fun). Kinda like always being told "No." from an adult as a kid, and being conditioned to always being forbidden from anything due to self-consciousness taking over like auto-pilot.

Now, imagine other people, mostly jackasses (or other kids/employees/etc.) who think they're funny, making perfectly legal and rather innocent things feel like I'm smuggling drugs past border patrol. How?

To this day, I still have a nervous fear of asking for anything, no matter how innocuous.

Can't help but to ask, has anyone else been hit with this bullcrap? (And be honest please; both personalities hate dishonesty.)

EDIT:
Seeing as I can't find an official phobia for what I have, I'm labeling it as Quaererephobia "The Fear of Asking Questions" (based on the etymology of question (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/question))

Spoiler: Reference (click to show/hide)

EDIT EDIT:
Oh yeah, and those pranks, they're usually more guaranteed to happen the longer it takes to setup said original activity (or the food ends up disposed of/wasted); and sometimes, these things can only be setup only once, so after said "goof" has been made, I cannot return to my original activity, even if I wanted to again (which cuts a previous psychological scar back open again, and again, and again...). I am tempted to make so many counters to these things, like buying mace to teach them a lesson for opening their mouths like that ever again; for starters/just to warm up (step 1: mace those assholes). I need more malevolent ideas/counters. If they own a computer, I can always 'force admin' and change their passwords. You know, forbid them from their own device. Got important work to do on it? It was "Just a goof" after all. I'm a karma houdini too (Okay, maybe not after a relatively disproportionate retaliation like that). But still, an eye for an eye, (pent-up) jackassery for jackassery.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 02:11:05 am by Itnetlolor »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 03:44:17 am »

Every so often I get to worrying about heart attacks. They aren't always accompanied by crushing chest pain or numbness of the left arm, and the other typical symptoms are how I usually feel anyway (shortness of breath? you'll get that from being fat way before you reach the point where you're fat enough to have a heart attack. Overwhelming anxiety? Always.). I coulld be having one and not know it until I pass out and die.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:37:42 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 05:17:08 am »

Every so often I get to worrying about heart attacks. They aren't always accompanied by crushing chest pain or numbness of the left arm, and the other typical symptoms are how I usually feel anyway (shortness of breath? you'll get that from being fat way before you reach the point where you're fat enough to have a heart attack. Overwhelming anxiety? Always.)

Don't worry. The only people not fat enough to have a heart attack are skeletons.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 01:39:45 am »

Something that made me nervous today is that the credit from the latest online continuing education mini-course I took (as part of the process of renewing a certification) apparently still hasn't been processed several hours after I passed the test. Apparently it can take a while but it still worries me, especially since this course is only avaliable for free for a few more days so if it's not sorted out soon I may have to take a different course - possibly one that I'll actually have to pay for - plus if it falls through I wouldn't get credit for this course which caused me a good deal of frustration to complete already as my computer and printer decided to start acting up right when I started on the course.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 02:30:59 am »

To this day, I still have a nervous fear of asking for anything, no matter how innocuous.

Can't help but to ask, has anyone else been hit with this bullcrap? (And be honest please; both personalities hate dishonesty.)

I believe the normal response to that (in childhood) is to ignore the sibling and say "MOM/DAD SAID I COULD" because mom/dad outranks siblings.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2015, 01:43:12 am »

I'm feeling really out of shape and am worried about whether this is still just regular out of shapeness or has progressed to the early stages of heart failure. I seem to have some minor shortness of breath tonight; is my habitual overeating catching up with me, or is it merely the result of the specific overeating that I did tonight expanding my stomach until it gets in the way of my lungs? Or is it simply just another panic attack as I am wont to get from time to time?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2015, 01:46:53 am »

Oh dear.
I hope it's nothing serious.

I started a forum game.  I'm still kind of freaking out.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12