Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Things That Made You Nervous Today  (Read 19606 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Things That Made You Nervous Today
« on: October 21, 2015, 07:28:49 pm »

I have never started a thread.  Like, ever.
So, I'm nervous about starting a nervous thread.
Oh joy.
Well.  Here goes!
Generally, keep it civil and all, respect no-quote requests, and, uh, hopefully this is all I need to say.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Made You Nervous Today
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 07:37:55 pm »

(First!)

Took an exam in analytical chemistry today. I think it was fairly easy, but past experience shows that how I think I did has no bearing whatsoever on how I actually did. He says the scores won't be up until next Wednesday, so I get to worry about it for a whole week before I get word on the situation.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 08:51:07 pm »

(Technically, I was first post.  You're first reply though. ;P)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 10:45:38 pm »

[First to use brackets!]

I thought about my future. It made me uneasy.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 11:20:28 pm »

Ugh, I forsee* this thread eating up far too many of my posts.
For starters, I had to wait in line at the supermarket since I needed to get $2.50 cash out (to buy sushi afterwards), and you can't do that at the self-serve checkouts. I wasn't feeling anxious for once, but people kept looking at me oddly. I ran through a variety of checks: my fly was done up, my hair wasn't doing anything overly obnoxious, there wasn't anything spilled on my shirt. Still they looked.

I suppose I am just a beautiful specimen of humanity after all, and they couldn't tear their eyes away.
Mother was right.

*Spellcheck and Google both tell me this is the incorrect spelling, yet it's the way I've seen it spelled in the past.
Is this the British spelling and Google thinks I'm a yank or something? Or vice versa?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 11:27:53 pm »

Wait I'm actually nervous about the United States about to default on its bills I think it might actually happen and we might double dip into recession.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 02:33:00 am »

*Spellcheck and Google both tell me this is the incorrect spelling, yet it's the way I've seen it spelled in the past.
Is this the British spelling and Google thinks I'm a yank or something? Or vice versa?

It's just wrong, as far as I know. The 'fore' in 'foresee' derives from the same root as 'before'.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 04:32:07 am »

It's just wrong, as far as I know. The 'fore' in 'foresee' derives from the same root as 'before'.
Sigtext

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 12:23:34 pm »

I see myself using this thread a lot...

Not present anxiety, but I was more than a little worried about getting all my schoolwork done this week. I was sick, so I couldn't make it to my exam last week... and then I was just too overwhelmed to get anything done yesterday. Seems to be a theme with college...
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 01:03:26 pm »

Ohjoy.

I was going home from school and had to cross the street lights -I saw a group of other people already basically having crossed it and the lights being red, but the car lights were also red so I kinda took a chance thinking I could still make it.
Then almost got run over by a car (well, not really, but it was closed than usual), got horned at by the driver and given this sort of "what the fuck, man?" reaction from him.

That felt awful. :L

(I'm not even going to mention all the other small things that stress me out on a daily basis.)

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 07:55:39 am »

I'm very nervous about how many unpublished submissions I have for DeviantART...
And they're all supposed to be fulfilled REQUESTS... that's even worse.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 10:04:26 am »

Today I discovered a presentation I thought I had to do next Tuesday is in fact due this one. And I hadn't even started writing it. Aaaaaaaaaaaaa halp.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 04:19:49 pm »

My school's football team has done unexpectedly well this year, 6-0, but it's halftime now and we're down 10 to 28 against one of the worst teams on our schedule. We can pull it out, maybe, but if we lose the mocking will be intense.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 02:44:15 pm »

For the better part of the past week I've been forgetting things unusually often. Mostly it's been trouble with remembering words but I've also forgotten my keys a couple times and I also took a bit longer than usual to recall my employee id number at work today. It's possibly just a result of my poor sleep habits, but I worry it could be some kind of brain disorder. I have a family history of brain disorders and I also have high cholesterol, which can screw up the brain's arteries just as easily as it can screw up the arteries in the rest of the body.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 12:07:34 pm »

I HAVE FOUR MODULES IN PSYCHOLOGY THIS WEEK. AND AN ENDOSCOPY ON WEDNESDAY.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12