Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Things That Made You Nervous Today  (Read 19583 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Made You Nervous Today
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2017, 07:33:02 pm »

Okay there was no reason to panic, of course they have modern phones, and they're sweet as anything. Really nice guest room even. Really nice turkey soup too!

I'm gonna watch football with them later. I don't like football much but football fans can be fun.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2017, 08:45:25 am »

Gotta get up mad early in the morning and go inspect a house that I may wind up renting with a couple of people.
Need to try and make a good impression on the landlord somehow. Oh and I should probably take some photos to show the others.
My "friends" who I have never met but who seem nice enough. ...Not sure why but I've become fixated with the idea of "teaming up" with some fellow sharehouse-hunters to start our own place. Kinda better to move into a place with people you have at least some idea of beforehand rather than just diving into a household of strangers and hoping you don't clash with them, I guess.

That reminds me, I'm going to have to meet up with these people at some point for the first time, to make sure we don't all immediately despise one another. That's another thing to be nervous about... :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2017, 05:11:54 pm »

Computer had to scan and restart. Hopefully nothing bad is happening. Just the computer being overzealous about the comptuer being fine. All that happened prior that is hard rebooting after stellaris froze everything up. I tend to just be fucking cold as if hell froze over and my right hang shakes. I really hope nothing is wrong.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2017, 05:49:46 pm »

It seems like nothing is happening fast enough today. I had a schedule for myself I'd be done with by 2:00 and I could go do my paperwork and relax. It's 45 minutes late I keep getting texts from my mom about "oh and go pick up this too" and whatnot and traffic/the roads are terrible so everything's slow and fucking grandmas at every check out line delaying me another few minutes and now the goddamn webpages I'm supposed to be filling out these forms on dont want to load and it took my damn computer five minutes to wake up and then firefox didn't want to open and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:03 pm »

i was sick on friday, and i was supposed to be reviewing on the test that day.
today was the test. i'm nervous about my grade... i already have a 35 in algebra right now (AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) and i don't want it to be lower.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2017, 05:41:40 am »

Having to wear my doom metal jacket to a black metal show due to weather.
Booze is Life for Yoink

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2017, 06:30:21 am »

I highly doubt many will notice, or any at all will have a problem with it. In my experience, metalheads are rather tolerant. There's a few exception subcultures there, but afaik doom and black metal are not among those. (I'm referring to certain extreme right metal bands like for example Screwdriver).
You should be completely fine in your doom metal jacket. Just don't headbang yourself a concussion.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2017, 07:39:30 am »

Even during the height of black metal insanity, where people were stabbed to death and churches were burnt, doom metal was most likely completely tolerated. You'll be fine.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2017, 09:43:58 am »

I highly doubt many will notice, or any at all will have a problem with it. In my experience, metalheads are rather tolerant. There's a few exception subcultures there, but afaik doom and black metal are not among those. (I'm referring to certain extreme right metal bands like for example Screwdriver).
You should be completely fine in your doom metal jacket. Just don't headbang yourself a concussion.
Yeah, it wasn't so bad, haha!
I think there are definitely a few sub-genres that clash, but in this case I just generally prefer to represent bands that reflect the gig I'm attending. At least I had a local BM band's shirt on underneath. The gig was pretty damn good, too, although the sound left a little to be desired at a couple of moments.
Also I was kinda sick. Ugh.    

Edit:   
Even during the height of black metal insanity, where people were stabbed to death and churches were burnt, doom metal was most likely completely tolerated. You'll be fine.
Now I'm kind of curious as to what sort of doom scene was happening in Scandinavia in the '90s. Was there one?
Fakeedit: Oh daaaang, Candlemass are Swedish. I thought they might have been something along those lines. That's pretty cool.   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:47:20 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2017, 07:02:51 pm »

I AM willing.  My character, soon...

This is actually a theme in Fallen London.  The player shoves the character into ever more perilous places, needing no reason.
The character willingly descended to the Neath.  Their fear is merely a hindrance, now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2017, 08:11:26 am »

Waiting for a reply to a message I sent. Verges on terrifying I suppose, but this thread needs more love.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2017, 03:52:58 pm »

Oh, I feel you. All Quiet on the Western Front. I hate waiting for things to happen or not happen.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2017, 07:57:45 pm »

My situation has progressed, at least.
To use a different metaphor to the other thread, D-Day has been decided on and the platoon will be dropping into the center of occupied territory, with extremely lacking intel as to the situation on the ground or even our mission parameters. It could get ugly, but the troops have been in intense training and we are sending the best of the best.

On the bright side there will be some allied forces in the area that we can hopefully link up with. Their objectives won't (well, hopefully won't >.>) overlap with ours, but we will at least be able to provide covering fire and support for one another, and perhaps share intel.
If things go too badly in the attempt on our main target, there are doubtless to be various other, less-critical objectives we could switch focus to, as this is our first operation in that region for quite some time and a lot of our intelligence on the current situation conflicts with itself.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2017, 08:57:27 pm »

Best of luck to you, my friend. A moving front is vastly preferrable to trench warfare.

Maybe I'll get to test out a couple of these new-fangled 'tanks' in a week or two. Who knows.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2017, 10:43:50 am »

Gotta catch a plane this morning. The friend I've arranged for to housesit is coming over at some point, hopefully before I leave. Haven't decided what I'm wearing through the airport experience. Haven't... wait, I think I've kinda run out of things to actually panic about. I think I've dug down into the irrational panic now.

Having this whole house-sitting/cat-minding thing arranged through me is just a great deal more responsibility than I am used to coping with. I hope things work out. Also I hope I don't end up late for my flight, that's the other big worry, gotta catch at least two buses and a train to get to the airport so I should really leave as early as possible.
Also also I don't have time for much sleep and I am unsure if I should bother doing so at all. Oh and I'll have to wear my big steel-cap boots through the airport, which means taking them off to go through security, so I'll need to make sure I am wearing intact socks. And that reminds me I'm supposed to be having a shower, argh. :-X   

Best of luck to you, my friend. A moving front is vastly preferrable to trench warfare.
Thanks, never got around to responding to this. That particular cause of nervousness is on the backburner for now, although of course it could boil over at any moment as D-day draws nearer.     
Hope your mission was a success, however classified its details may be!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:48:45 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12