Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Warhammer: End Times, Vermintide. Now with II!  (Read 24916 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer: End Times, Vermintide. Now with II!
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2018, 03:34:32 pm »

Yeah FF seems negligible on Champion unless someone is really trying to light you up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2018, 03:38:38 pm »

Yeah FF seems negligible on Champion unless someone is really trying to light you up.
It's extremely problematic for Ironbreakers. Because it will activate his passive.

Other than that it's pretty whatever on champion.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2018, 10:29:48 am »

I've been playing Kruber.  I like him.   Well, more specifically his Halberd. 
Yes, his lack of finesse is indeed endearing.  And I've taken a liking to how both Kruber and Salty mutter out various 'die' quotes when they use charged melee attacks.

Both his base class and tank class are pretty decent, far as I can tell.  More cleaves for horde or helping your teammates survive more hits and the charge knockdown.  That charge recovers pretty damn fast actually.  Much faster then the base class' yells it feels.  ... Ok tank class is probably the best for him.

He ain't so great on the ranged front, in my opinion.  I used his 'handgun' as a special sniper.  Probably another that is better for that.  Reload times are a killer.  Especially if they move all over the place and I miss.
Ranger Kruber has to really spec into the ranged talents to shine on the range front don't he?

Played with this lowbie Veteran group on Beta a few rounds.  We got slaughtered by Chaos Spawn 3 separate matches.  Could not deal enough damage and people kept getting grabbed and dying mid fight.  Also knocking people out of bounds. 
Concerning thing is that these boss fights, they've been able to hit me through halberd block.  Is it cause the angle is not big enough to cover?  Feels wrong when I've been able to full block consistently with dual daggers on elf and rapier on salty.  Maybe I am just doing something different.  Well, I know I have/had a +block angle trinket before these problems.

... Now that I leveled all my bots to at least 12, I'll try out solo champion.  Maybe I'll have to bring em up to 15.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:32:04 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2018, 10:49:32 am »

Played with this lowbie Veteran group on Beta a few rounds.  We got slaughtered by Chaos Spawn 3 separate matches.  Could not deal enough damage and people kept getting grabbed and dying mid fight.  Also knocking people out of bounds. 
Concerning thing is that these boss fights, they've been able to hit me through halberd block.  Is it cause the angle is not big enough to cover?  Feels wrong when I've been able to full block consistently with dual daggers on elf and rapier on salty.  Maybe I am just doing something different.  Well, I know I have/had a +block angle trinket before these problems.

... Now that I leveled all my bots to at least 12, I'll try out solo champion.  Maybe I'll have to bring em up to 15.

Chaos spawn have a couple attacks the penetrate block. Notably, the really bitchy one when they charge you and start chaining left/right/left tentacle slams will do a fuckton (shagtonne, if you're metric) of damage through block. You have to dodge or get a teammate on its ass immediately to draw aggro, and heaven help you if you're not in a class with dodge boosts.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2018, 11:23:09 am »

Krueber is mah boi. I like him too because his main job lacks any sort of finesse, but man is it so satisfying to cleave through 7 rats with one swing. The Executioner's swords is great for horde clearing, and the charged attack is perfect for wrecking armored foes.

That said I feel like he has the least useful synergies, and while his mercenary career skill works I feel like it's outshined by most everyone else's.

Mini-boss fights are all about location, IMO. If you get the space to fight, they're easy. Even the Chaos Spawn is easy if your team knows how to space out around him and make the most of the time they're attacking someone else. But get any boss in a sub-optimal area on vet and higher difficulty....and prepare for the pain.

Also Sienna just simply wrecks bosses. Give them a potion of concentration and watch them evaporate 50% of the boss' health in less than 10 seconds.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2018, 11:45:52 am »

Charge-Kruber with a purple potion is able to keep bosses floored for about 20 seconds, which should be plenty of time for any decent group to kill them with all-out attacks.
I usually play Shout-Kruber though, for the passive cleave and attack bonuses. His shout is more of an emergency escape, that can turn the tide when surrounded by a swarm. Some missions I go the whole time without ever needing to use it; but when I do need it, it's usually the difference between a hard defeat and an easy victory.

Almost every other Kruber I see uses Halberd, and I used it also for a while. It's got a nice long-range cleave attack, and quick pokes. Ultimately I settled on his 2H hammer though. I love being able to 1-shot stormvermin with basic attacks, and the charge attack is a horizontal sweep that clears waves of squishy enemies. Push-attack is another mostly horizontal sweep, with less cleave but much stronger armor piercing that makes it effective against groups of armored enemies.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2018, 12:27:45 pm »

Yeah, same. Some matches I never need to shout, but every once in a while when you time it right you can save people's asses. But it feels underpowered compared to everyone else's career skills, whic I feel they use as soon as the cooldown is up. Like there's no reason to sit on the WH's career skill; a crit buff is useful all the time.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2018, 10:06:34 am »

So far, attempts at champion with my lvl 15 bots, in beta 1.05, had been epic busts.  Usually dying to the 1st or 2nd horde+miscellaneous. 
Now that 1.05 is live, I'll switch back over. 

It is mostly the fact that we can't kill the blighters fast enough.  Maybe live is better now.   
Pyro bot is consistently weakest link.  I want her to spam her useful pyromancer skill, but she goes down way too easy.  Back to unchained with you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2018, 08:04:07 pm »

I decided to main Kruber, but upon learning that you can check out dudes rooms if you get them to level 10, I started levelling the Elf and Pyro.  I suck at aiming, so I hadn't really touched them.

Pyro I didn't get a very strong read on, but holy crap, the elf is really robust, isn't she?  That first class has tons of ammo for her longbow, and though it's a bit slow it does tons of damage and can hit dudes super far away.  Most of her melee weapons are kinda whatever, but her heavies are awesome.  Her glaive in particular is great for wrecking chaos knights, and both of them are amazing for clearing crowds, like she's a tiny Kruber with better ranged options and regeneration.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2018, 08:35:25 pm »

I started playing the first Vermintide last weekend. So far I think my favorite is the Witch Hunter, since his default weapons are pretty flexible.

The rapier isn't the strongest weapon by a long shot, but it's fast both at sweep attacks and (more importantly) the armor-piercing thrusts. The fact that it comes with an emergency pistol has come in handy more than once. Meanwhile his brace of flintlocks is far, far superior to the other ranged weapons I've acquired for him so far; the repeater gun does piss-poor damage (two shots to kill a simple rat-slave? What?) and has zero armor piercing, while the crossbow is just too slow. The twin flintlocks meanwhile are fast enough to mow down hordes and can punch through armored units from a decent range. I even found a special set that has a 13% chance of automatically scoring a headshot whenever it hits something.

The only other decent unlocks I've gotten so far are for the dwarf; in fact something like 75% of my unlocked weapons are for him, compared to maybe one weapon each for the elf and soldier and zilch-all for the Pyro.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2018, 02:12:44 am »

Here's the thing about Saltzpyre's repeater pistol, unless it got changed in a recent patch resulting in massive riots...

It actually is AP, despite that not being reflected in the stat screen. An alt-fire blast at close range will instantly annihilate a stormvermin up to the highest difficulty levels, and will continue one-shotting them after with proper traits. That's why people use the repeater, and why it's actually one of the most-used guns for him on Nightmare and Cataclysm.

Rapier is great fun and fast, but I think "The meta" calls for his twohander instead. Rapier is perfectly fine though, even on higher difficulties, provided you get the right traits and can reliably poke stormvermin eyes with the thrust (yes, melee weapons can headshot too).

When you get a pair of drakefire pistols for Bardin, try him out some more too. Turns him into a miniature Sierra, with infinite ammo and a heat cooldown. Also, the alt-fire cone of death doesn't hit friendlies, hehe.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2018, 02:25:30 am »

This could be pretty fun in VR...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2018, 09:58:28 am »

Shit. I've played this often enough to mentally call everyone mayflies or something similar in other online games. 

For the green elf, I've only managed 2 successful champion runs out of many tries.  I've kinda settled on the 2hander sword for her, it is great at cleaving hordes. 
While the longbow is for anything special/armoured.  But, my accuracy is pretty crap to begin with, not many ranged headshots and I often fail to hit moving targets.  I may do better as a more melee centric class.

Currently building kruber up, settling on executioner sword and blunderbuss, so I don't have to get into the ranged thing much. 
Though, I guess I could try blue elf or purple elf for something more melee-centric.  Havn't really warmed up to the concept of their F skills.  I guess I could just treat em like merc kruber and witch hunter salty's skills, ignored till I need it.  I'm not that great at spamming the green elf's F skill anyways.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2018, 10:23:34 am »

This could be pretty fun in VR...

Sounds like a recipe for spewing. Shit I get left dizzy sometimes with all the stuff that is going on around me.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2018, 12:36:02 pm »

VT2 does actually support Tobii eye tracking, which is another sort of immersive interaction tool. Though I've not found many testimonials from people who actually used it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13