Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 30290 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #225 on: October 31, 2015, 07:53:44 pm »

"Excellent choice, my king. That idiot was endangering my pla- I mean, endangering the kingdom- I mean, the only person able to make floodgates! Yes! Now, let's see what we can do about this empty treasury."

The drunken king SHOULD have no issue raising taxes just a little bit... right? If he's still not drunk enough to raise them, then give him more booze.

I now single-handedly rule the kingdom, all through plump helmet wine.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2015, 08:00:34 pm »

"Hmph! Looks like we'll have to deal with that usurping fool! But first, I'll take on the levies' problems!"

Get local levies to travel to various parts of the kingdom and dispense experience and knowledge, while filling in the gaps created here with a volunteer farmhands and layabouts. Also, promise nearby bandit princes, sorcerors and petty royalty of small kingdoms, all that, rulership as a kingdom noble if they can retake the county they wish to rule from the rebels.

((Did I cause the cult or the rebels, btw?))
One wheel short of a wagon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2015, 08:05:37 pm »

I attempt to Start a Mage's Guild in my tower
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 09:45:03 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2015, 08:06:44 pm »

((The cult was your doing. The rebellion was mostly the lack of alcohol, which also helped with the cult rising up.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2015, 08:14:29 pm »

"hiss, Locki, I can give you some powder that will make most things into slade, if I
give it to you would you endorce a mage's union?"
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2015, 08:50:49 pm »

{2} King Roland locks Locke into a workshop with three months of food and water, and demands slade floodgates if he wants to live.
Locke has one turn to live!
'
'

Explain to King, that I need team of assistant then begin work make the Floodgates

"hiss, Locki, I can give you some powder that will make most things into slade, if I
give it to you would you endorce a mage's union?"

"Good, I need help can get"

"What is Mage Union, It sound like guild to me

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 31, 2015, 08:54:33 pm »

"they are basicly the same thing I was just using the term used most often in my homeland."
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2015, 09:53:40 pm »

"Hmph! Looks like we'll have to deal with that usurping fool! But first, I'll take on the levies' problems!"

Get local levies to travel to various parts of the kingdom and dispense experience and knowledge, while filling in the gaps created here with a volunteer farmhands and layabouts. Also, promise nearby bandit princes, sorcerors and petty royalty of small kingdoms, all that, rulership as a kingdom noble if they can retake the county they wish to rule from the rebels.

Ah, Sir Biscuits. Taking the levies on a tour are we? I have something of a counter proposal. You see, the land I hail from, Undermoon, is rather familiar with lycanthropy. A condition you may or may not have noticed has taken hold amongst the men. Without...guidance in this new chapter in their lives, I fear they may be more harm then good.

Luckily though, we have long since civilized the lycans who make their homes around Undermoon, and it would be trivial to do so with the levies.
So trivial in fact, that we might want to make it a requirement of our soldiers.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »

"they are basicly the same thing I was just using the term used most often in my homeland."

"I approve, anything to save this economy"

Locke get the help of New mage union

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2015, 10:04:56 pm »

I hand Locke the "Into slade powder"
"Just remember, It turns anything not made of glass or gold into Slade, and that includes you so you'd best get carving a wooden flood gate to pour this on."
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 01, 2015, 04:57:55 am »

Ah, Sir Biscuits. Taking the levies on a tour are we? I have something of a counter proposal. You see, the land I hail from, Undermoon, is rather familiar with lycanthropy. A condition you may or may not have noticed has taken hold amongst the men. Without...guidance in this new chapter in their lives, I fear they may be more harm then good.

Luckily though, we have long since civilized the lycans who make their homes around Undermoon, and it would be trivial to do so with the levies.
So trivial in fact, that we might want to make it a requirement of our soldiers.

"Well, you start a program doing that then. But lycanthropy never ends well. I've seen good men die, from becoming terrible beasts many times their original size, in a small room like a privy,  or under a sharp object or in a boat or something, and dying in horrible ways. Then there's the whole blood-crazed monster thing. Terrible business, really."
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 01, 2015, 05:38:25 am »

Bid a fond farewell to the wonderful folks at Undermoon and move on to the next neighboring country (that isn't the Empire of Unending Evil). Gotta do a full tour, you know.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 01, 2015, 09:57:39 am »

I declare a crusade to retake the kingdom. "Anyone who wants to be truly honored in the eyes of the gods, take up arms and reclaim our lands. They have blessed King Roland with our crown, and we cannot let traitors defy their will."

((Also do I have command of any priests as high priestess or would I have to hire some?))
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 09:21:25 pm by penguinofhonor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 01, 2015, 10:28:41 am »

((Also do I have command of any priests as high priestess or would I have to hire some?))
((Nobody started with minions. If you want them, you'll need to spend some organizing them better.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 01, 2015, 11:02:14 am »

((Nobody started with minions. If you want them, you'll need to spend some organizing them better.))
((Didn't I start with a retinue of berserkers? :P))

"Well, you start a program doing that then. But lycanthropy never ends well. I've seen good men die, from becoming terrible beasts many times their original size, in a small room like a privy,  or under a sharp object or in a boat or something, and dying in horrible ways. Then there's the whole blood-crazed monster thing. Terrible business, really."
Fear not, the training of Undermoon accounts for all your concerns, I assure you this.

Train the lycanthropic levies to control and unleash the beast within them.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24