Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 30304 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2015, 05:35:49 pm »

Erhrm. I also have powerful magic. And I'm personally interested in the body mage.
((Dead alongside the other 2/3 of the once-living mages.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2015, 06:59:05 pm »

Erhrm. I also have powerful magic. And I'm personally interested in the body mage.
((Dead alongside the other 2/3 of the once-living mages.))
((WHAT? HOW? THAT WAS JUST THE PYROMANCERS!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2015, 07:03:13 pm »

((They were all hedge wizards, with an assortment of low level magic. They were allowed to split into four groups, based on their interests. About half of them wanted to burn stuff.
The transmuters exploded while experimenting with concentrated painfruit juice.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2015, 07:04:54 pm »

((See why I should be put in charge of them?))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nunzillor

« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2015, 07:40:58 pm »

((In hindsight, perhaps I should have managed that slightly differently.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2015, 08:18:05 pm »

((Damn it, I was the only person who REMEMBERED the body wizard and you lot go and murder him on accident. Assholes :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 29, 2015, 10:14:04 pm »

Ptw.  This is hilarious.  :D
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2015, 10:38:35 pm »

((I'm pretty sure he meant Locke and CLASSIFIED
Though I hope to corrupt them both :P))
((Impossible. CLASSIFIED is a totally evil assassin who has killed a bunch of good-hearted adventurers, and Locke is just.... pure.... evil!))
They were going to drastically increase inflation!

((Ah, I forgot about the priestess. Though I'm not sure she's entirely good, seeing how she's used more then one action stirring up crowds for witch hunts and the like. Will be interesting to turn her beliefs :P
As for CLASSIFIED, I get the feeling he does what he does for love of his country or some such.))
Yes, yes he does.

((And there is me, the person who fixed most of the bandit problem, is that somewhat good?))
Weren't you the guy who beat peasants to make them work harder?

Analyze the vial using the item appraisal techniques that I learned in my training. Can I reproduce it?

Investigate the cults. Why are they forming, and for what cause?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2015, 11:04:22 pm »

Analyze the vial using the item appraisal techniques that I learned in my training. Can I reproduce it?
((So we've moved beyond simple GOLD inflation and are now expanding into MAGIC GOLD GENERATOR inflation.
Soon everything in the world will be exactly the same value, and Locke will have won))

Indeed, I do this.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 30, 2015, 09:39:20 am »

((Did Classified take the vial in secret or do we know that he has it?))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2015, 02:58:48 pm »

((Did Classified take the vial in secret or do we know that he has it?))
((You don't even know for certain that he's alive. He's in another kingdom, and solo killed a party, leaving no witnesses.
If he wants to keep it secret on his return, he's going to be rolling against detection if he uses it for anything other than the 'pocket change' that everyone is assumed to have.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2015, 10:33:53 pm »

((Ok, so who hasn't posted an action for this yet? I'm getting antsy))

Indeed, I do this.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 31, 2015, 04:25:00 am »

"Well, looks like you morons managed to screw this place up while I was away on business! But no, I'm back now, so looks like I'll have to save everyone from their own stupidity and violence, yet again. And someone give that bloody tower-mad who somehow made their way in here a beating! How about you, Jester Locke, you look like just the man for the job!"

Give Jester Locke a six foot halberd with an extra-large blade from the armoury, and shove him towards Zechtenmarkus, urging him on with threats and suggestions of violence.

Then go around the country, hinting that large amounts of food, arms and artisanry might be needed and that various towns and villages could make a tidy profit if they simply stepped up their production of everything. Get the King to formally condone barter as a form of trade that does not waste gold reserves.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2015, 12:30:59 pm »

"Well, looks like you morons managed to screw this place up while I was away on business! But no, I'm back now, so looks like I'll have to save everyone from their own stupidity and violence, yet again. And someone give that bloody tower-mad who somehow made their way in here a beating! How about you, Jester Locke, you look like just the man for the job!"

"I'm try to fix to the problem, By allow the king fund his mechant to fix the  economy of the realm"

"Also I'm not trained soilder so I don't know how to handle those weapon that you gave me, In fact couldn't you get one of levymen to help your cause"

Reject the Halberd and tell the man to find someone more trained
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:33:01 pm by Nosaneinme »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 31, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »

Fall. Is it symbolic?

Darius convinces the king that Locke needs a real and imminent life-threat to make slade floodgates, which will save the kingdom.
{5} vs {4} - After a long series of conversations with an increasingly drunk king, he decides that he really needs to get those slade floodgates from his jester.

Locke tries to promote trade by helping merchants.
{4} - Locke uses funds from the treasury as grants for new merchants. Some of them manage to not die by rebels.

Sir Mangrove scouts Undermoon.
{6} - After spending more time acting as an ambassador and snooping around, he learns several things about Undermoon. They have little industry of their own, but have a decent military. Most of their arms imports from from the Empire of Unending Evil. He learns that they have werewolves, and have made peace with them. {5} - He politely declines an all-night full moon party, hosted by their leader.

Zech builds a tower with any bored peasants or mages he can find.
{5} - The peasants aren't doing anything useful, just hacking at wheat. He gathers a bunch of them and convinces the agricultural mages to help. Soon, his wizard's tower is complete.
{6} - The agricultural mages, their contract expired, have all decided to stay and live in the tower.

SlaughterSoul the Fiendish holds sparring practice between Undermoon berserkers and local military forces. Militia failures are infused with painfruit.
{4} - Naturally, the milita aren't very good at beating elite berserkers. Most of them suffer at least one bout of "painfruit infusion."

Priestess Imeremifava preaches for more king support and has the necromancers go off to disrupt the cultists.
{3} - Her preaching isn't very effective at quelling the rebellion, but she's swayed some who were thinking of joining into staying loyal.
{4} vs {1} - The necromancers report a complete success. If there are any more cultists in the kingdom, they're keeping their heads down and behaving themselves.
{3} - The necromancers report that their contract is complete, but they're generally happy working together. They will be available for re-hiring.

<GLOSSIFIED> analyzes the vial for duplication.
{2} - Not knowing any reason in particular to rush back, the assassin spends some time in a rented laboratory, analyzing the vial. It's enchantment is exceptional, and he's can't understand most of it. He's afraid he will break it if he messes with the intricate enchantments further. He finally returns, late in the season.

Sir Biscuits tries to get everyone to produce more.
{4} - It's surprisingly easy to convince the craftsmen that the kingdom needs them producing more. On the whole, they're rather frightened by the rebel threat.

{2} King Roland locks Locke into a workshop with three months of food and water, and demands slade floodgates if he wants to live.
Locke has one turn to live!

Werewolves have been sighted in the areas around the castle during the most recent full moon. Most of the local forces were mysteriously unavailable to deal with the threat. Peasants are pretty scared.

The treasury is empty.
Taxes remain moderate.
The mages contracts have expired.
Rebels have taken a full third of the kingdom. Nobles are having serious problems all-around.

The local economy is recovering.
The kingdom economy is abysmal.

The local levies are moderate and are decent fighters. They seem to mostly have lycanthropy.
The kingdom levies are dying rapidly and experienced, but poorly equipped.

John Locke (nosaneinme), the palace fool.

Sir "Biscuits" McGee (NJW2000), knight of the crown and head of military finance.

Sir Mangrove (Harry Baldman), the Secretary of Love, Worldliness and Quests.

Asha Imeremifava (penguinofhonor), Priestess and Religious Adviser.

Darius Welthon (Coolrune206), Economic Adviser.

Classified (ATHATH), assassin.

Zechtenmarkus (crazyabe), Royal Mage and Adviser of magical Affairs.

SlaughterSoul The Fiendish (BFEL), Knight of Darkness.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24